Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    “72% of republican supporting respondents said Arabic numerals should not be on the curriculum, compared to 40% of democrats”

Speaks volumes.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019
    Fuck those Arabs and their numbers and shit.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

“72% of republican supporting respondents said Arabic numerals should not be on the curriculum, compared to 40% of democrats”

Speaks volumes.

Bomb making formulas and shit.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And surveys say people agree with AOC. all proof that people are ignorant retards.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Speaks volumes.

To be fair, it has nothing to do with more democrats actually knowing what Arabic numerals are.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,722
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like a key issue
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter
    I blame the “Veep” writers:

https://youtu.be/embMAtagQiU

Might as well start getting rid of coffee, toothbrushes, alcohol distillation, guitars...
  • HustlinOwlHustlinOwl Member Posts: 953
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    USMChawk said:

This phone pad shows the difference between what we call Arabic numbers and what are currently used in Arabic countries. Our numbers are actually from India but were introduced via North Africa, which is the reason for the misnomer.

That being said, the question was clearly designed to elicit the results it achieved so the author can fuck off.

Nice try. Just admit there are a lot of stupid people that can vote.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Looks like HHusky cares
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter

USMChawk said:

This phone pad shows the difference between what we call Arabic numbers and what are currently used in Arabic countries. Our numbers are actually from India but were introduced via North Africa, which is the reason for the misnomer.

That being said, the question was clearly designed to elicit the results it achieved so the author can fuck off.

While there are (and have always been) stupid voters, I suspect a lot of this is rooted in a lack of basic history education. The article cited above stated that “The poll did not explain what the term “Arabic numerals” meant.” Plus I suspect the firm that conducted this survey, CivicScince, isn’t exactly pulling a truly representative sample of Americans.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    Standard Supporter

USMChawk said:

While there are (and have always been) stupid voters, I suspect a lot of this is rooted in a lack of basic history education. The article cited above stated that “The poll did not explain what the term “Arabic numerals” meant.” Plus I suspect the firm that conducted this survey, CivicScince, isn’t exactly pulling a truly representative sample of Americans.
    Yes, there are plenty of dumb voters in both parties. But if you look at polling regarding knowledge on the issues, year in and year out on average Republican voters routinely out poll Rats when it comes to knowledge of the issues.

• USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

USMChawk said:

I’m very aware there are a lot of stupid people who vote, I visit this board every day. Case in point, here you are.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Why do you guys always try to frame people who vote democrat as these enlightened people?

Most Dem voters are poor people. Poor people tend to not be very smart and/or educated.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

USMChawk said:

Yes, there are plenty of dumb voters in both parties. But if you look at polling regarding knowledge on the issues, year in and year out on average Republican voters routinely out poll Rats when it comes to knowledge of the issues.

Link?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    edited May 2019
    I'm pretty sure most welfare and other benefits head to the Democrat side. Remember 'Ol LBJ! And I'm posting the clean version....

"These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference. For if we don’t move at all, then their allies will line up against us and there’ll be no way of stopping them, we’ll lose the filibuster and there’ll be no way of putting a brake on all sorts of wild legislation. It’ll be Reconstruction all over again."

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    In my culture we just use dots to correspond to whatever number you need. I'd prefer we do it that way. I will admit, it's a bitch when you have to write any number greater than ten, but there s never too much going on at the res anyway.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,659

USMChawk said:

The distribution of stupid people voting is not materially skewed either left or right. Stupid knows no ideological boundary.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

USMChawk said:

The distribution of stupid people voting is not materially skewed either left or right. Stupid knows no ideological boundary.
    HRYK