Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The President China deserves

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,887
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
IFL this quote...

A U.S. businessman friend of mine who works in China remarked to me recently that Donald Trump is not the American president America deserves, but he sure is the American president China deserves.

https://www.chiangraitimes.com/communist-china-deserves-donald-trump-a-human-wrecking-ball.html

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    "And China’s president, Xi Jinping, will have to recognize that China can no longer enjoy the trading privileges it has had over the last 40 years, so he’d be wise to curb his nationalistic “no-one-tells-China-what-to-do” bluster and look for the best win-win deal he can get. Because Beijing can’t afford America and others shifting their manufacturing to “ABC,” Anywhere-But-China, supply chains."

The CCP won't and can't make systematic reforms as I have discussed before. Expect ABC manufacturing to be the future unless Biden wins and caves. It seems like even the Dems are catching on at this point that anti-China is a winner politically though so even then.

China is cruising for a recession at some point. We will see how long they can forestall it with debt spending. Eventually it will catch them unless we continue to allow the CCP to raid world markets. Otherwise, expect them to have a similar "lost generation" as Japan when all of those bridges to no where fail to add economic value beyond being built.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

"And China’s president, Xi Jinping, will have to recognize that China can no longer enjoy the trading privileges it has had over the last 40 years, so he’d be wise to curb his nationalistic “no-one-tells-China-what-to-do” bluster and look for the best win-win deal he can get. Because Beijing can’t afford America and others shifting their manufacturing to “ABC,” Anywhere-But-China, supply chains."

The CCP won't and can't make systematic reforms as I have discussed before. Expect ABC manufacturing to be the future unless Biden wins and caves. It seems like even the Dems are catching on at this point that anti-China is a winner politically though so even then.

China is cruising for a recession at some point. We will see how long they can forestall it with debt spending. Eventually it will catch them unless we continue to allow the CCP to raid world markets. Otherwise, expect them to have a similar "lost generation" as Japan when all of those bridges to no where fail to add economic value beyond being built.

ABC!!!

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

As American supply chains shift a lot of the rest of the world will follow from the economies of scale that access to US consumption creates. Manufacturing will shift to Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, and other cheaper, younger, labor markets than China. This process was already beginning even before the trade war. IF we see a two term Trump and he continues to hold fast against the CCP I wouldn't be surprised to see China's own version of the "rust belt" and the Chinese economy caught in the middle income trap.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,225
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

As American supply chains shift a lot of the rest of the world will follow from the economies of scale that access to US consumption creates. Manufacturing will shift to Vietnam, the Philippines, Malaysia, Indonesia, and other cheaper, younger, labor markets than China. This process was already beginning even before the trade war. IF we see a two term Trump and he continues to hold fast against the CCP I wouldn't be surprised to see China's own version of the "rust belt" and the Chinese economy caught in the middle income trap.
    Make China Great Again

Trump has confidence in America. Most of our leaders want to give up before they start
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Yes

Make China Great Again

Trump has confidence in America. Most of our leaders want to give up before they start
    'I ran for President because I wanted to give up' - RaceBannon's infinite wisdom
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,225
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I find it interesting that years ago when I followed China major news outlets would *maybe publish official economic figures released by the CCP but always with the acknowledgement that those numbers were likely heavily doctored. These days, most news outlets publish economic data and tout the party line almost as well as the People's daily while few if any still attempt to dig any deeper. It makes me deeply suspicious of major news outlets that rely on the *official Beijing numbers despite even CCP party officials admitting the numbers are so wildly off as to be unusable.

Most major news outlets are currently going with the official party data released revising economic growth upward to 6.4% of GDP last quarter which somehow almost perfectly squares with the CCP's 6.5% target. Imagine that!

Meanwhile, if you look for it, you can find a few articles reporting from inside China that a major slowdown might be occurring. Could just be my confirmation bias, could be the truth, LIPO should be chinteresting either way.

https://npr.org/2019/05/21/724946510/the-economy-is-slipping-china-s-slowdown-hits-former-boomtown
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,803

ABC!!!

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

ABC!!!

Shout out to @Swaye