Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Greatest third album in rock music history?

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Clash - London Calling
    BearsWiin said:

Two years ago, my kids saying hello to a REAL swan where the waterfall river empties into the lake

Tell the younger one to get a haircut already.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Write-in Vote

BearsWiin said:

Two years ago, my kids saying hello to a REAL swan where the waterfall river empties into the lake

Tell the younger one to get a haircut already.
    He cut it all off about four months later. That was 20 months ago, and it's now even longer than in the pic. Frizzier, too. That's the way he wants it, Def Lep High'n'Dry/Framptonesque.

I'm just glad that the fedora phase has passed
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

It was probably worthy to make it in. But we'll see how the boss does when we get to like the Best 7th or 8th album pole in the series.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I kept off a top 15 album for me. This is one of the all time great pantie droppers.

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    Write-in Vote

I was impressed with the son I met in Berkeley

He suffered with a quiet dignity as his dad hung out with some idiots in a bar

His unfailing politeness tends to impress the olds
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

I was impressed with the son I met in Berkeley

He suffered with a quiet dignity as his dad hung out with some idiots in a bar

His unfailing politeness tends to impress the olds
    Race, would really like me in REAL life. I am respectful of my elders to a fault.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I was just going to post this.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who - The Who Sell Out
    I voted for the Who? just because I know know one will vote for them, this album was hilarious I thought and was Townsend working on his rock operas

No offense to the guys who voted Springsteen. He is highly over-rated to me.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

I voted for the Who? just because I know know one will vote for them, this album was hilarious I thought and was Townsend working on his rock operas

No offense to the guys who voted Springsteen. He is highly over-rated to me.

The Who are about to start doing well in this series of poles. Who Sell Out was a great record but their best albums were yet to come.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Write-in Vote

It was probably worthy to make it in. But we'll see how the boss does when we get to like the Best 7th or 8th album pole in the series.
    There are only two great Springsteen albums-- Born to Run (3rd) and Nebraska (6th). Everything else falls down the category of old man rock.

Only Bob Dylan and Guided by Voices keep making great albums past a certain point.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

There are only two great Springsteen albums-- Born to Run (3rd) and Nebraska (6th). Everything else falls down the category of old man rock.

Only Bob Dylan and Guided by Voices keep making great albums past a certain point.
    While it's somewhat cliche, I think Born in the USA, still is his greatest album. Tunnel of Love is pretty good too. Lost track after these.

I do like some old man rock, but not all of it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Looks like Swaye's MOP is going to get the win in this round. I took a long time for me to appreciate Metallica. Master of Puppets is an amazing album...need to get it on vinyl.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,127
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    Metallica - Master of Puppets
    Master of Puppets for me because who takes a niche musical genre and goes platinum with no MTV?
    Black Sabbath Master of Reality is underrated though because if you like Heavy Metal this has about 5 subgenres of it on one record... Way ahead of its time

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Master of Puppets for me because who takes a niche musical genre and goes platinum with no MTV?
    Black Sabbath Master of Reality is underrated though because if you like Heavy Metal this has about 5 subgenres of it on one record... Way ahead of its time

Into the Void is my favorite BS song. Great album. I recently got the vinyl reissue which sounds terrific.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,127
    Founders Club
    Metallica - Master of Puppets

Into the Void is my favorite BS song. Great album. I recently got the vinyl reissue which sounds terrific.
    Its a masterpiece that gets lost with the commercial success of Paranoid. Into the Void is a Doom Metal song before it was a genre of music for dirtbag white kids who hate their parents
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Beatles - A Hard Day's Night

Its a masterpiece that gets lost with the commercial success of Paranoid. Into the Void is a Doom Metal song before it was a genre of music for dirtbag white kids who hate their parents
    Black Sabbath’s early music was fucking amazing. MOR is a masterpiece.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Wait till the next round.