Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trey Reynolds, 2021 LB, Queen Creek, AZ (OFFERED)

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,214
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

Jesus youre a fucking idiot.

Our interior DL does not pressure the QB either. Yes buck is a weird hybrid position but it is more DL than it is LB. Most important responsibility is pass rush.

DL and BUCK are both bigger issues than LB. They need to get to the QB more, and yes they are good at stopping the run.

We have an All American candidate, Levi, who's job is to rush the passer and who's poised for a huge year, then two colossal space eaters in Taimani and Tuli to stop the run. But you feel better about Kyler Manu, Brandon Wellington (who's never been healthy in three years) and a bunch of freshman. OK!

Again I brought up the pass rush deficiency in the Bruener thread and you got all bent out of shape because you said it wasn't the defense that was the problem, it was Jake Browning and the offense. You're all over the fucking place.

Also, I like that you searched back to a poast I made FIVE WEEKS ago, so you could start a fight... and this is the best you could do? You seem hurt. And obsessed.
    My guy I dont know why you are taking this personally. I didnt even know you made the post 5 weeks ago I just read this thread for the first time.

And yes the offense is the biggest issue, but the DL still needs to improve more than the LB crew for us to take the next step to elite status. Those things arent mutually exclusive.

Everyone hopes Levi can play at AA level but lipo. The talent there is also good. However, Jaylen played his best game against Bama in the playoff then seemingly regressed. We need the line to generate a pass rush if we are ever going to win NY6 let alone a natty
    I am more pro Gregory than many on this bored but the DL is ahead of the LBs at this point.
    DL and Buck really need to generate more of a pass rush. It seems our best pass rush since Mathis left was Vea bulldozing guards
    DL's job is push up the middle. They've done their part by and large, and are highly likely to do it this year. The DL is much more likely to be excellent this year than the LBs are. BBK is a huge loss.

The edge rushers haven't done their part but that's a different position, different position coach and different discussion. I don't think anyone is arguing edge has been a strength.
    BBK not a big loss. The jockey won't be missed. Wellington is better.

I love how a 230 pound All-American is considered a jockey that won't be missed. That's rich. Wellington is 223.

LMAO! What the fuck? He earned the nickname "the jockey" because he rode on the backs of ball carries to bring them down you idiots! Not because of his lack of size. But because he was always getting dragged for extra yards after contact.

Yeah he won't be missed. Doesn't mean he wasn't a good player for us. Timu was good for us...and wasn't missed when he was gone. More talent is better. We can revisit this after the season and see if anybody misses BBK. I doubt anybody will.
    Oh. I get it.

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2019
    dnc said:

I

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

Our interior DL does not pressure the QB either. Yes buck is a weird hybrid position but it is more DL than it is LB. Most important responsibility is pass rush.

DL and BUCK are both bigger issues than LB. They need to get to the QB more, and yes they are good at stopping the run.

We have an All American candidate, Levi, who's job is to rush the passer and who's poised for a huge year, then two colossal space eaters in Taimani and Tuli to stop the run. But you feel better about Kyler Manu, Brandon Wellington (who's never been healthy in three years) and a bunch of freshman. OK!

Again I brought up the pass rush deficiency in the Bruener thread and you got all bent out of shape because you said it wasn't the defense that was the problem, it was Jake Browning and the offense. You're all over the fucking place.

Also, I like that you searched back to a poast I made FIVE WEEKS ago, so you could start a fight... and this is the best you could do? You seem hurt. And obsessed.
    My guy I dont know why you are taking this personally. I didnt even know you made the post 5 weeks ago I just read this thread for the first time.

And yes the offense is the biggest issue, but the DL still needs to improve more than the LB crew for us to take the next step to elite status. Those things arent mutually exclusive.

Everyone hopes Levi can play at AA level but lipo. The talent there is also good. However, Jaylen played his best game against Bama in the playoff then seemingly regressed. We need the line to generate a pass rush if we are ever going to win NY6 let alone a natty
    I am more pro Gregory than many on this bored but the DL is ahead of the LBs at this point.
    DL and Buck really need to generate more of a pass rush. It seems our best pass rush since Mathis left was Vea bulldozing guards
    DL's job is push up the middle. They've done their part by and large, and are highly likely to do it this year. The DL is much more likely to be excellent this year than the LBs are. BBK is a huge loss.

The edge rushers haven't done their part but that's a different position, different position coach and different discussion. I don't think anyone is arguing edge has been a strength.

I love how a 230 pound All-American is considered a jockey that won't be missed. That's rich. Wellington is 223.

LMAO! What the fuck? He earned the nickname "the jockey" because he rode on the backs of ball carries to bring them down you idiots! Not because of his lack of size. But because he was always getting dragged for extra yards after contact.

Yeah he won't be missed. Doesn't mean he wasn't a good player for us. Timu was good for us...and wasn't missed when he was gone. More talent is better. We can revisit this after the season and see if anybody misses BBK. I doubt anybody will.
    Unlike Timu BBK forced turnovers.

He’s very underrated around here. He might not be missed by posters who don’t appreciate him. He’ll absolutely be missed by the defense.
    Sure, he was very heady and had great ball awareness. Timu forced turnovers too and had 100 tackle seasons too. Timu was a starter since he was a RS Freshman. Nobody gave a fuck as soon as we got a look at Azeem Victor. I don't think the defense will miss the lack of swag and hard hitting BBK brought and I think Wellington will make us forget BBK pretty quickly.
    Timu *dropped* turnovers
    He was a four year starter. There's more turnovers and fumble recoveries there that you don't remember.

You just hate being happy don't you? The next guys up are more talented than BBK and they're deep. Why the fuck would I expect to miss BBK? That's dumb. Don't be such a negadawg.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,935
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

Oh. I get it.

What’s with your infatuation with Jim Carrey gifs? Not judging... much.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    guntlove said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

The only way Bob Gregory will get a recruit to sign is if Lake, Malloe, and/or Pete are doing all the heavy lifting for him. Gregory is as useless as tits on a nun. Shit can this fucking idiot. And 86 Bhonerpha while you're at it.

The only thing Gregory needs to be canned from is Special Teams

The lbs have been good borderline great with okay recruiting, and according to the rankings we have gone nowhere but up

Damn near every LB on the roster is now a 4 star. The ones that arent are 3 stars everyone offerend, which to me is the same as a 4 star (Jackskn Sirmon, Ah You). The fact Ulofoshio getting PT is a possibility means he is out performing good recruits. He looked like a thumper on special teams all last season as a frosh

BBK, Victor, Keishawn, all solid players outperforming star rankings. Bartlett was okay, Beavers decent when healthy. I think the current recruits we have are going to be a lot better (Hammer, Calvert, Tafisi, etc.)

If Gregory recruits even a bit better and gets all 4 stars this group will always be great, maybe even "elite"

In a list of the top 5 reasons why UW is not elite, lbs are not there. Not even top 10
    lol.

Gregory's such a stellar recruiter that Jake Wambaugh and Kyler Manu were getting serious minutes all last year. Look at our depth chart... we're a Wellington injury away from being up shits creek.

"not in the top 10 reasons UW isn't elite"... lulz. ILB is probably the number one question mark on the defense this year. We also haven't had an outside pass rush in three years. But, yeah... not in the top 10. Christ.
    Wambaugh and Manu getting minutes was a product of Beavers and Wellington injuries.

Again, LB is behind every offensive position group going into next season and also DL as far as concern.

Units that Im more concerned about than LB:

QB
    WR
    OL
    RB
    D LINE
    BUCK
    SPECIAL TEAMS

All worry me more than ILBs

Anyone who has watched any Husky Football the past 3 years would come to the same conclusion. Sorry you don't.
    Holy shit.

You're more concerned about the DL... A position where we have Levi (a potential All American), and two studs that redshirted while still getting 4 games experience - one of which (Taimani) the coaches raved about all spring, plus perhaps the best DL class the program's ever signed. And you're more concerned about that group than ILB. That's complete fucking nonsense.

Wellington is the only ILB with any game experience at all... and he's never made it through a season without being hurt. Because Greggy was so terrible at recruiting the only upperclass depth we have behind him is Kyler fucking Manu. All our talent is in our freshman classes. I'm not sure what we have with Sirmon and Tafisi... hopefully they'll be good but none of us know. I really like the freshman class.... I think Hammers and Calvert will be all conference down the road. But a team that has playoff aspirations relying on a bunch of true freshman at ILB is not exactly ideal. But you're more worried about the DL?? Jesus fucking christ.

So you're saying both units return one quality upper classman, a pair of RS freshmen, and a bunch true freshmen with a lot of talent. But you pump up the DL for being in the same spot as the ILB even though the development track for linemen is longer? I don't follow.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited June 2019
    Turn on the Oregon, Stanford (2017), Utah (2017) Penn State, and tOSU tapes.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,313
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Are you suggesting PFF doesn't watch film? Or the AP voters? They thought his play warranted first team All-American. Should we put on the film of all the games in which first round draft pick Kaleb McGary was victimized? Or the games where first round draft pick Drew Sample had a bad showing? Byron Murphy, top of the second round, also looked like hot garbage in that 2017 Stanford game (fresh off injury and rusty, to be fair). There is not a player in the country who's film is perfect.

I'm also guessing that were I to watch all of those games objectively, looking at EVERY play instead of just the few where BBK struggled to get off blocks or failed to bring a running back down at the point of contact, he'd balance out at an above average grade.

My fuzzy impression of BBK was that he actually looked shockingly good in limited action as a sub-200 pound true freshman WIL. Fast to the ball and sure tackler. His sophomore season was very JAGgy, and it looked to me like it was due to putting on weight too quickly and losing any speed advantage (got absolutely burned on an underneath route, or 70-21 might have been 70-17). His junior season, I wanted badly to hate him, as he was in there in place of Azeem, my then favorite Husky player of the past decade. Couldn't hate him, though. Getting dragged or not, being... not intimidating or not, his play was legit, and the defense somehow improved. Senior year? Anybody arguing against his play last season is just the definition of stubborn and clinging to a shitty narrative.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Are you suggesting PFF doesn't watch film? Or the AP voters? They thought his play warranted first team All-American. Should we put on the film of all the games in which first round draft pick Kaleb McGary was victimized? Or the games where first round draft pick Drew Sample had a bad showing? Byron Murphy, top of the second round, also looked like hot garbage in that 2017 Stanford game (fresh off injury and rusty, to be fair). There is not a player in the country who's film is perfect.

I'm also guessing that were I to watch all of those games objectively, looking at EVERY play instead of just the few where BBK struggled to get off blocks or failed to bring a running back down at the point of contact, he'd balance out at an above average grade.

My fuzzy impression of BBK was that he actually looked shockingly good in limited action as a sub-200 pound true freshman WIL. Fast to the ball and sure tackler. His sophomore season was very JAGgy, and it looked to me like it was due to putting on weight too quickly and losing any speed advantage (got absolutely burned on an underneath route, or 70-21 might have been 70-17). His junior season, I wanted badly to hate him, as he was in there in place of Azeem, my then favorite Husky player of the past decade. Couldn't hate him, though. Getting dragged or not, being... not intimidating or not, his play was legit, and the defense somehow improved. Senior year? Anybody arguing against his play last season is just the definition of stubborn and clinging to a shitty narrative.
    He was great his Sr year
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Wellington will ball out and the defense will be collectively better than last season. That's why BBK won't be missed. I'll be glad to bring this up mid way through the season and after the season and see if anybody actually misses or missed BBK. "Missing" a former player usually suggests a noticeable drop off in performance from the guy or guys replacing him and I just don't see that happening. We'll see.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Byron Murphy did not play in the 2017 Stanford game.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

BBK was very overrated by the media as a sophomore and junior and underrated by Hardcore Husky as a senior.
    yes

• Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I thought bbk was very good vs tOSU. At least in the second half.

He was a much better player in 2018 than 2017