Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trey Reynolds, 2021 LB, Queen Creek, AZ (OFFERED)

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,581
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019
    Jesus youre a fucking idiot.

Our interior DL does not pressure the QB either. Yes buck is a weird hybrid position but it is more DL than it is LB. Most important responsibility is pass rush.

DL and BUCK are both bigger issues than LB. They need to get to the QB more, and yes they are good at stopping the run.
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Our interior DL does not pressure the QB either. Yes buck is a weird hybrid position but it is more DL than it is LB. Most important responsibility is pass rush.

DL and BUCK are both bigger issues than LB. They need to get to the QB more, and yes they are good at stopping the run.

We have an All American candidate, Levi, who's job is to rush the passer and who's poised for a huge year, then two colossal space eaters in Taimani and Tuli to stop the run. But you feel better about Kyler Manu, Brandon Wellington (who's never been healthy in three years) and a bunch of freshman. OK!

Again I brought up the pass rush deficiency in the Bruener thread and you got all bent out of shape because you said it wasn't the defense that was the problem, it was Jake Browning and the offense. You're all over the fucking place.

Also, I like that you searched back to a poast I made FIVE WEEKS ago, so you could start a fight... and this is the best you could do? You seem hurt. And obsessed.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    guntlove said:

We have an All American candidate, Levi, who's job is to rush the passer and who's poised for a huge year, then two colossal space eaters in Taimani and Tuli to stop the run. But you feel better about Kyler Manu, Brandon Wellington (who's never been healthy in three years) and a bunch of freshman. OK!

Again I brought up the pass rush deficiency in the Bruener thread and you got all bent out of shape because you said it wasn't the defense that was the problem, it was Jake Browning and the offense. You're all over the fucking place.

Also, I like that you searched back to a poast I made FIVE WEEKS ago, so you could start a fight... and this is the best you could do? You seem hurt. And obsessed.
    My guy I dont know why you are taking this personally. I didnt even know you made the post 5 weeks ago I just read this thread for the first time.

And yes the offense is the biggest issue, but the DL still needs to improve more than the LB crew for us to take the next step to elite status. Those things arent mutually exclusive.

Everyone hopes Levi can play at AA level but lipo. The talent there is also good. However, Jaylen played his best game against Bama in the playoff then seemingly regressed. We need the line to generate a pass rush if we are ever going to win NY6 let alone a natty
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

guntlove said:

My guy I dont know why you are taking this personally. I didnt even know you made the post 5 weeks ago I just read this thread for the first time.

And yes the offense is the biggest issue, but the DL still needs to improve more than the LB crew for us to take the next step to elite status. Those things arent mutually exclusive.

Everyone hopes Levi can play at AA level but lipo. The talent there is also good. However, Jaylen played his best game against Bama in the playoff then seemingly regressed. We need the line to generate a pass rush if we are ever going to win NY6 let alone a natty
    I am more pro Gregory than many on this bored but the DL is ahead of the LBs at this point.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

guntlove said:

I am more pro Gregory than many on this bored but the DL is ahead of the LBs at this point.
    DL and Buck really need to generate more of a pass rush. It seems our best pass rush since Mathis left was Vea bulldozing guards
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784

guntlove said:

Alright man. You and I have never disagreed on the offense being a problem. My points about the LBs were both made in threads about LB recruits, so it didn't seem like the place to discuss our offensive ineptitude. Agreed on Jaylen... though I think Levi's had a better & more consistent body of work up to this point - so I think he's a safer bet.

It's LIPO at every position I suppose... but if Levi brings it, Tyron takes a BIG step, Wellington stays healthy, and Danny Hammers & Josh Calvert are really fast learners, then we'll be laughing about all this stupidity by the end of the year.

gunt.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,214
    Founders Club
    edited June 2019
    guntlove said:

guntlove said:

Tyron takes a BIG step

• Options

dnc said:

guntlove said:

DL and Buck really need to generate more of a pass rush. It seems our best pass rush since Mathis left was Vea bulldozing guards
    DL's job is push up the middle. They've done their part by and large, and are highly likely to do it this year. The DL is much more likely to be excellent this year than the LBs are. BBK is a huge loss.

The edge rushers haven't done their part but that's a different position, different position coach and different discussion. I don't think anyone is arguing edge has been a strength.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

DL's job is push up the middle. They've done their part by and large, and are highly likely to do it this year. The DL is much more likely to be excellent this year than the LBs are. BBK is a huge loss.

The edge rushers haven't done their part but that's a different position, different position coach and different discussion. I don't think anyone is arguing edge has been a strength.
    BBK not a big loss. The jockey won't be missed. Wellington is better.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

• Options
    ThoroughDawgThoroughDawg Member Posts: 186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

Where’s my $10.95?
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

I love how a 230 pound All-American is considered a jockey that won't be missed. That's rich. Wellington is 223.

He wasn't 230. He was 205-208lbs. That is what he told the athletic before the draft. If he was 230 he would have gone higher. He went in the 5th because they watched the Stanford, Bama and Penn St. tape and laughed.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,214
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

I love how a 230 pound All-American is considered a jockey that won't be missed. That's rich. Wellington is 223.

He wasn't 230. He was 205-208lbs. That is what he told the athletic before the draft. If he was 230 he would have gone higher. He went in the 5th because they watched the Stanford, Bama and Penn St. tape and laughed.
    205 or 230, he's still way too large to successfully race horses.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

205 or 230, he's still way too large to successfully race horses.
    I find it weird that he can gain wait after he leaves but he couldn't while he was here.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

dnc said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

LMAO! What the fuck? He earned the nickname "the jockey" because he rode on the backs of ball carries to bring them down you idiots! Not because of his lack of size. But because he was always getting dragged for extra yards after contact.

Yeah he won't be missed. Doesn't mean he wasn't a good player for us. Timu was good for us...and wasn't missed when he was gone. More talent is better. We can revisit this after the season and see if anybody misses BBK. I doubt anybody will.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

LMAO! What the fuck? He earned the nickname "the jockey" because he rode on the backs of ball carries to bring them down you idiots! Not because of his lack of size. But because he was always getting dragged for extra yards after contact.

Yeah he won't be missed. Doesn't mean he wasn't a good player for us. Timu was good for us...and wasn't missed when he was gone. More talent is better. We can revisit this after the season and see if anybody misses BBK. I doubt anybody will.
    Unlike Timu BBK forced turnovers.

He’s very underrated around here. He might not be missed by posters who don’t appreciate him. He’ll absolutely be missed by the defense.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

guntlove said:

Unlike Timu BBK forced turnovers.

He’s very underrated around here. He might not be missed by posters who don’t appreciate him. He’ll absolutely be missed by the defense.
    Sure, he was very heady and had great ball awareness. Timu forced turnovers too and had 100 tackle seasons too. Timu was a starter since he was a RS Freshman. Nobody gave a fuck as soon as we got a look at Azeem Victor. I don't think the defense will miss the lack of swag and hard hitting BBK brought and I think Wellington will make us forget BBK pretty quickly.