Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Message from a soon-to-be former Hardcore Poster.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

Thisi s 81% accurate. Maybe some of us need to take a walk on the beach with the wife and gain a little perspective. Most of us probably should DIAFF or TBS a little less.

I say HH wins rather easily, say 34-17?

After 23 times of the same joke it just isn't funny anymore.

Mods?

This forum is what happens when 20+ trolls meet. I get really fucking irritated with some of the repetitive jokes here...it's not funny IMO. I yawn.. That said, I post on some various facebook boards and typically become one of the dominant-asshole-trolls myself on many of those boards, out of boredom. I probably get called an asshole at least once a week on at least one of those. Ive realized that I am an arrogant prick. There are a lot of narcissistic trolls here on this site, myself included....perhaps we are just naturally drawn to one another...sort of like how inmates are drawn to each others' criminal knowledge in a prison. I accept that some are going to possibly annoy me as much as I will probably and inevitably annoy them with my own style of posting...but ultimately I would appreciate this site more if it cut out the fat and were less repetitive and had more creativity. I get bored easily with the 23 daily repitions. Props to Derek Johnson for moderating this site...I wouldn't want that job.I suspect one day hell get very tired of doing it, especially with the repeated stuff.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I need help @GrundleStiltzkin - now which part is the latter and which is the former? I always get those screwed up - TIA
    Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

I need help @GrundleStiltzkin - now which part is the latter and which is the former? I always get those screwed up - TIA

Well, here's the thing. For it to be unscripted and unfiltered, we must allow 99% of what transpires to remain without deleting or banning. People here can post about virtually anything they like. In 11 months I've deleted less than 10 posts.

Overall I love the jokes and barbs, but there are some things that I find juvenile, distasteful or worn out. I read some of these threads and we're hammering the same points over and over and it can get monotonous, especially if you're not getting the humor.

Recently I was concerned about the overall content of the boards. I asked a friend about it, who has many more years of message board experience than I do. He said that a football message board is always going to reflect how the season is going. And he's right. If we hadn't screwed the pooch against Stanford, and/or had beaten Oregon, do you think the tone on here would be bitter and negative? No it wouldn't. As Race Bannon said in his podcast, we would be changing our handles and doogin' it up right now.

You and I see the world very differently, and yet we both have major issues with Sark. And that's the whole point: This is an unfiltered board and it is reflecting the season and people's current thoughts.

If anybody wants to come post football topics, there are plenty people here who will discuss them. But our board isn't for everybody, especially those easily offended.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So when I say DIAFF, it’s assumed I’m joking?

Disappointing.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I dont know which posts in this thread are "real", which are paste jobs, and which are just nonsense. What I do know is that this is the worst offseason ever, and I want everyone to die.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    chuck said:

I dont know which posts in this thread are "real", which are paste jobs, and which are just nonsense. What I do know is that this is the worst offseason ever, and I want everyone to die.

none
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    chuck said:

Seems ironic to complain about people on the Internet questioning your intelligence while also calling them idiots via the Internet.

I'm also not sure why he's so interested in talking football with people that he considers idiots.

In conclusion, if he'd like to jerk off to X's and O's talk he can email you. If he'd like to take the sand out of his vagina, start acting like a man and post here again then fuck off. We don't want him anyways.
    Standard Supporter

Disappointing.

Did DJ let you know how to contribute $$ to the site? Or are you and the mystery PM'er complaining about free beer in the middle of the store?
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

this message board is a lot more watered down from the other HHB-type boards in recent years. On those boards the posters got hazed for a few days.

Part of the problem comes down to fans having deep cynicism due to stupid decisions like hiring Coach Willingham. It all stems from the 'half brain' characterization.

some tips.... don't ever get pissed of or let a poster rattle you.... don't produced arguments of tortured ratiocination, deeply reasoned football posts are bullshit. Even half reasoned logic is usually a waste of time. Football posts show every conceivable logical fallacy and should be studied by logicians who could find new ones.
    this message board is a lot more watered down from the other HHB-type boards in recent years. On those boards the posters got hazed for a few days.

Standard Supporter

chuck said:

none

To be honest a lot of you really haven't explored the internet if you think this place is bad. Go give 4chan a whirl and you will come back thinking this place is Sesame Street.
    Standard Supporter
    FirePete said:

chuck said:

Seems ironic to complain about people on the Internet questioning your intelligence while also calling them idiots via the Internet.

I'm also not sure why he's so interested in talking football with people that he considers idiots.

In conclusion, if he'd like to jerk off to X's and O's talk he can email you. If he'd like to take the sand out of his vagina, start acting like a man and post here again then fuck off. We don't want him anyways.
    Interesting pov. The issue is, I am not sure this site isn't already the legitimate voice of Husky Football. I mean, ultimately DJ will determine where this goes, as it is his site. But, look at the content here. MUCH better than anything Roof or the tard crew at Doogfarm ever puts together.

Ramblings > Meanderings
    DFI > Thoughts from the Weekend
    Fearless Friday Forecasts > Doogfestival weekly picks
    DJ's articles with quotes from REAL Husky Legends > Boy stalking Ektard lies

Also, I am pretty sure the AD SHOULD be tuning into this site. DJ will never say how many active (once a week types) posters and lurkers we have here, but it is a ton. Sure, 10 or so dominate the conversation, but I bet you ten times that many read it all the time (HI KIM). And, perhaps most importantly, why would the AD need to monitor a site like Doogfarm? It's a rainbow circle jerk Sark is great unicorn fart land over there.

However, here, you have people like me, who used to give thousands per year to the AD, and have not gone to one game, bought one shirt, or sent one dime in donation to the AD since 2007. And look, I am not some big wallet type at all, but I still used to contribute, as much as I could afford, because Husky Football was SUPER important to me. I am not the only one here who used to contribute and no longer does. The AD should be all over this site, because it IS the target audience they are trying to woo back - Scott, if you are reading this, knock off the in game theatrics, light whoever started the Crazy larry ad campaign on fire, and get a real coaching staff, and I will begin sending my steady stream of donations again.

You are correct, the over the top nature of this site will deter a segment of the fanbase. However, sometimes mockery is the best medicine, and this stuff needs to be said. Other than Softy's FB page, and the Times comments section, where can you go to see the people who are sick and fuckign tired of losing or being mediocre? Well, here. So, if you are here, then take the good with the bad, contribute or lurk, but realize this won't be happy unicorn land until we start winning, and I will not stop posting picture of hot chicks with tats until I can replace those with a real Coach hoisting a Rose Bowl trophy.

chuck said:

none

To be honest a lot of you really haven't explored the internet if you think this place is bad. Go give 4chan a whirl and you will come back thinking this place is Sesame Street.
    Don't let the door hit this Guy in the cunt on his way back to kimman.com
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,065
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

MelloDawg said:

I know the OP is an HH meme, but it's sad I can't figure out if all the subsequent posts in the thread are original or part of the schtick that's just been extended over the years

Since you are offering I have always wondered where your name originates from. I am also new to all this lingo and have figured out at least 81% of it myself just lurking but still haven't figured out your name yet.
    Husky Band 2000-03. Mellophone player (see photo).

And there you have it
    Standard Supporter
    MelloDawg said:

MelloDawg said:

I know the OP is an HH meme, but it's sad I can't figure out if all the subsequent posts in the thread are original or part of the schtick that's just been extended over the years

Since you are offering I have always wondered where your name originates from. I am also new to all this lingo and have figured out at least 81% of it myself just lurking but still haven't figured out your name yet.
    Husky Band 2000-03. Mellophone player (see photo).

And there you have it
    What are you wearing?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,377
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ I am 6'5" 260 lbs. Former Army Ranger and college basketball player. You really don't want any in real life. You are little more than a cowardly pussy.
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ I am 6'5" 260 lbs. Former Army Ranger and college basketball player. You really don't want any in real life. You are little more than a cowardly pussy.

Slather my butthole in buttery maple syrup and eat it motherfucker!
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,100
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

none

This place IS sesame street. Maybe the early 80's version where half the crew was boofing coke into prostitutes assholes on Sunday morning before filming but still the same upbeat trying to have a good time kind of gang.

The interwebs is dark and full of terrors.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

Be a better poster.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Disappointing.

Did DJ let you know how to contribute $$ to the site? Or are you and the mystery PM'er complaining about free beer in the middle of the store?
    Free beer?