Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The usage of Will Harris is completely illogical

These were Harris' first follows right after he got the job

And now here he is spending all week in Texas

We hired a swaggy so-cal dude to recruit Texas. Here's and idea, if you want to recruit Texas, maybe hire someone from Texas.

Meanwhile, as clearly the best DB school in the west, we are getting blown the fuck out on Elias Ricks, Kelee Ringo, Clark Phillips and Lathan Ransom. You don't need to recruit ANY defensive backs in Texas, there are fucking plenty of them on the West Coast, maybe recruit them. Its a good thing we have two DB coaches!

Our defensive backs class will probably still be good, because Jimmy Lake, but that's not really the point.

What is the best usage of Will Harris' strengths? If you hire Will Harris as an 'extra coach', (meaning that Lake is still going to recruit all the DBs) let Harris go all out recruiting the elite so-cal guys. We might actually have a shot at Justin Flowe, Jordan Banks, or Elias Ricks if Harris was laser focused on getting them.

I don't mind recruiting Texas as much as some people. If you want to send Coach K to Dallas to offer a few high upside Nigerian defensive ends, I have no problem with that. But what do we think we are doing investing so many resources into Texas for a coach WHO HAS NO EXPERIENCE RECRUITING TEXAS? Do we actually think we are going to compete with Texas or A&M for kids?

Will Harris seems like a charismatic dude, and I'm sure he'd do fine recruiting Texas kids. But I don't think you can convince me that is the best use of him as a recruiter.

Free Will Harris from this bullshit

Comments

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,973
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    Another armchair recruiter, sitting in his own shit-stained boxers, getting off on the smell of his own farts, thinking they know more than the coaches. Standard operating procedure.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,828
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Another armchair recruiter, sitting in his own shit-stained boxers, getting off on the smell of his own farts, thinking they know more than the coaches. Standard operating procedure.

They suck until the don’t... right?

No ballz and Malloe don’t suck right now... until they do.

Last years class sucked, until it didn’t... (couple splashes at the end could’ve made it amazeballz but we don’t have bagmen.)

Our current strategy sucks, until it doesn’t.

Yes, that’s the typical MO.

Side note- who doesn’t like the smell of their own farts? Asken for a fren.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Harris in Texas? Well KB is our recruiting coordinator. Pretty much explains it.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I was going to make a similar thread. It seemed he was hired to replace Lake because it looked like Lake was going to leave soon. That clearly wasn't the case and Harris seems a little bit redundant. But what do I know.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,973
    Founders Club

There's liking the smell of your own farts and then there's masturbating to the smell of your own farts. Completely different ballgame.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Word is he was told to dust of his resume
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,828
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019

There's liking the smell of your own farts and then there's masturbating to the smell of your own farts. Completely different ballgame.

• Options
    doogvilledoogville Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    FirePete said:

Word is he was told to dust of his resume

Does Pete know you’re allowed to fire more than one assistant per year?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited May 2019

These were Harris' first follows right after he got the job

And now here he is spending all week in Texas

We hired a swaggy so-cal dude to recruit Texas. Here's and idea, if you want to recruit Texas, maybe hire someone from Texas.

Meanwhile, as clearly the best DB school in the west, we are getting blown the fuck out on Elias Ricks, Kelee Ringo, Clark Phillips and Lathan Ransom. You don't need to recruit ANY defensive backs in Texas, there are fucking plenty of them on the West Coast, maybe recruit them. Its a good thing we have two DB coaches!

Our defensive backs class will probably still be good, because Jimmy Lake, but that's not really the point.

What is the best usage of Will Harris' strengths? If you hire Will Harris as an 'extra coach', (meaning that Lake is still going to recruit all the DBs) let Harris go all out recruiting the elite so-cal guys. We might actually have a shot at Justin Flowe, Jordan Banks, or Elias Ricks if Harris was laser focused on getting them.

I don't mind recruiting Texas as much as some people. If you want to send Coach K to Dallas to offer a few high upside Nigerian defensive ends, I have no problem with that. But what do we think we are doing investing so many resources into Texas for a coach WHO HAS NO EXPERIENCE RECRUITING TEXAS? Do we actually think we are going to compete with Texas or A&M for kids?

Will Harris seems like a charismatic dude, and I'm sure he'd do fine recruiting Texas kids. But I don't think you can convince me that is the best use of him as a recruiter.

Free Will Harris from this bullshit
    Where are the tweets from the Washington HS schools thanking UW assistants for stopping by? Exactly. Pete’s strategy is befuddling

It really isn’t. It’s a waste of time and money!
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Maybe he's the patsy? Maybe he's driving around Texas with bags full of money and handing it out to all the coaches down there to plant the UW seed, and if we get busted he can take the fall?
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,442
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t get the focus on Texas. We’ve only signed a couple of guys from Texas since Pete’s been here.

One of them was Levi though. Sometimes you gotta long play some stuff as an organization. I don't mind it too much
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

This can’t be real can it? Are you guys literally turning this place into dawgman?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Let’s tweet out all the great high school programs we are visiting in Texas when we haven’t decided if we are going to offer the highly sought after talented kids within a 30 minute drive from campus!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

This can’t be real can it? Are you guys literally turning this place into dawgman?
    Doogman 2.0
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

We are literally trying harder in Texas than LA.

Texas got that OKG hospitality though.