Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    You should get out to Denver and try some psilocybin.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gwad said:

I went out to Tumwater and did that 45 years ago
  • GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855

Gwad said:

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Gwad said:

You went "out" to Tumwater Oly Bear? Like, the 2 minutes it took to get there?

Btw, what in the fuck are they going to do with the Brewery?
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chinned for spelling psilocybin correctly I think
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,729
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gwad said:

The brewery is hampered by being in the Oly Tumwater sphere of idiot government. The same governments that have been studying how to clean Capital Lake since the mid 80's

Its prime real estate with a world class golf course with some renovations that is nothing but a vast wasteland. It should be a mixed use live, work shop center of the 5 and the 101 interchange

As a kid I saw Arnie and Jack play an exhibition when Tumwater Valley opened. Built by beer money

Gwad said:

The brewery is hampered by being in the Oly Tumwater sphere of idiot government. The same governments that have been studying how to clean Capital Lake since the mid 80's

Its prime real estate with a world class golf course with some renovations that is nothing but a vast wasteland. It should be a mixed use live, work shop center of the 5 and the 101 interchange

As a kid I saw Arnie and Jack play an exhibition when Tumwater Valley opened. Built by beer money
    Agreed. It's a great spot, and developed properly, that could be a magnet of commerce for O town.

Still a nice place to live, except that it has some of Seattle's problems and few square miles with which to hide it. During the day it's ok; after sunsent, down town Oly crawls with vagrancy.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,383
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gwad said:

Agreed. It's a great spot, and developed properly, that could be a magnet of commerce for O town.

Still a nice place to live, except that it has some of Seattle's problems and few square miles with which to hide it. During the day it's ok; after sunsent, down town Oly crawls with vagrancy.
    MY city crawls with vagrancy 24/7 bitch
    PurpleJ said:

Gwad said:

You've come back with a vengeance, J.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,720
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

Gwad said:

Maltby?
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Gwad said:

I think it was on its way to being redeveloped as you line-out, however, the costs associated with getting the ancient building up to code and addressing seismic upgrades and retrofit just didn't pencil out. Unfortunately it's probably a knock down.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,687
    Founders Club

Gwad said:

Disagree.

It needs to be fixed with a good carpet bombing.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

Gwad said:

Disagree.

Carpet munching > carpet bombing
    pawz said:

Gwad said:

Disagree.

@RaceBannon may have a thing or two to say about that.

Also, disagree. Oly has a lot going for it. Some tweaking of the vagrancy laws is what's in order. And maybe bringing the Evergreen kids to heel too.