Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Ray Dalio earned 2 billion last yr says

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    What’s the problem? Did he steal the money from someone?
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,516
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    SFGbob said:

What’s the problem? Did he steal the money from someone?

It's possible. He is a hedge fund guy.
    Standard Supporter
    Who did he steal it from?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m missing the problem. What needs to be solved?
    Standard Supporter

He goes into further detail in the linked article.
    Standard Supporter
    jecornel said:

Why can’t you just tell us?
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    jecornel said:

I read the whole thing. What’s the problem that needs to be solved?
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    jecornel said:

Thanks for assuming I know how to read. Fucking elitist.
    Standard Supporter

jecornel said:

I read the whole thing. What’s the problem that needs to be solved?
    No problem. Just a perspective a billionaire has about America.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    So, let me get this straight: Leftards have destroyed the US public education system. Leftards have worked to destroy the American family. Leftards have celebrated incivility. Leftards have promoted open borders and brought tens of millions of illegal immigrants into this country that don’t have capitalism and the rule of law and don’t have free markets and incentives promote wealth creation and that have no culture of education. Yet, capitalism is to blame? I’ll vote no.
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-how-capitalism-needs-reformed-ray-dalio/?dlbk
    I’ve also studied what makes countries succeed and fail by taking a mechanistic perspective rather than an ideological one because my ability to deal with economies and markets in a practical way is what I have been scored on.  If you’d like to see a summary of my research that shows what makes countries succeed and fail, it’s here (link). In a nutshell, poor education, a poor culture (one that impedes people from operating effectively together), poor infrastructure, and too much debt cause bad economic results. The best results come when there is more rather than less of: a) equal opportunity in education and in work, b) good family or family-like upbringing through the high school years, c) civilized behavior within a system that most people believe is fair, and d) free and well-regulated markets for goods, services, labor, and capital that provide incentives, savings, and financing opportunities to most people. 
    Naturally, I have watched these things closely over the years in all countries, especially in the US. I will now show the results that our system is producing that have led me to believe capitalism isn’t working well for most Americans.    
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 18,954

So, let me get this straight: Leftards have destroyed the US public education system. Leftards have worked to destroy the American family. Leftards have celebrated incivility. Leftards have promoted open borders and brought tens of millions of illegal immigrants into this country that don’t have capitalism and the rule of law and don’t have free markets and incentives promote wealth creation and that have no culture of education. Yet, capitalism is to blame? I’ll vote no.
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-how-capitalism-needs-reformed-ray-dalio/?dlbk
    I’ve also studied what makes countries succeed and fail by taking a mechanistic perspective rather than an ideological one because my ability to deal with economies and markets in a practical way is what I have been scored on.  If you’d like to see a summary of my research that shows what makes countries succeed and fail, it’s here (link). In a nutshell, poor education, a poor culture (one that impedes people from operating effectively together), poor infrastructure, and too much debt cause bad economic results. The best results come when there is more rather than less of: a) equal opportunity in education and in work, b) good family or family-like upbringing through the high school years, c) civilized behavior within a system that most people believe is fair, and d) free and well-regulated markets for goods, services, labor, and capital that provide incentives, savings, and financing opportunities to most people. 
    Naturally, I have watched these things closely over the years in all countries, especially in the US. I will now show the results that our system is producing that have led me to believe capitalism isn’t working well for most Americans.    

So much has been destroyed. Tell the nurse to pour you a tall one. The end is nigh and doctor's orders be damned!
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,253
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    HHusky said:

So much has been destroyed. Tell the nurse to pour you a tall one. The end is nigh and doctor's orders be damned!
    Ah yes, the democrat who is bad at math scoffs at those who deride his religion of liberalism and the bad direction it is turning the country.

Politics above all else HHuskey. Go down with the ship buddy!

HHusky said:

Ah yes, the democrat who is bad at math scoffs at those who deride his religion of liberalism and the bad direction it is turning the country.

Politics above all else HHuskey. Go down with the ship buddy!
    You mean we're not getting great again?
  • BendintheriverBendintheriver Member Posts: 5,253
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Oh we're great again, otherwise why would you be on here bitching?

Oh we're great again, otherwise why would you be on here bitching?

I think you must have meant this for Westy.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 13,701
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    The issue which you are avoiding counselor is that capitalism hasn’t destroyed Detroit. Capitalism hasn’t destroyed the California public education system. Capitalism hasn’t created a black illegitimacy rate of 75%. Our NY billionaire, unlike tax sheltered Trump, is paying hundreds of millions of dollars on stock market gains. How he thinks his hedge fund activity is hurting poorly educated single parent households is at best a confused thought.