Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If we actually pay Mora a top 5 CFB coach salary......

do you think that we go cheap for the coordinator positions, or do you think Mora would also demand a solid budget for position coaches/coordinators?

I'm worried at what point Mora would become too expensive to acquire moreso than if he'd be willing to make the move in general.

Comments

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Mora's rich. He's not coming to UW to get richer, he's coming to craft a legacy. That doesn't mean UW can go cheap, they have to demonstrate real commitment. But there's no way he's coming here to put together a staff on a shoestring budget. If he's coming, he's coming because we've committed to do what it takes to win.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Heaven forbid that we might actually want to be a football school again ...
  • It doesn't matter. If you have the right head coach then the assistants will become good assistants.

There is a reason why Nick Alioti was hated by Duck fans under Brooks, Bellotti then was "good" under Kelly to now hated again under Sling Blade.

Mora won't be too expensive. Also by paying him top 5 in the country just like when Hedges made Slick Rick #3 in the nation it's announcing to the nation "we aren't fucking around anymore!"

UW just lost their first coach since the mid 1950's to a rival school nonetheless so the perception is we are small time.

Gotta break that trend and show Mora we are ready to start competing for Rose Bowls.

I guarantee with Mora there will be no gatorade baths for 8-4, "house money" after winning a 6th game, bull shit game day championships, etc. Mora will save the celebrating for when there is time to celebrate like winning a division title, then winning a conference title.

I mean how jacked up would you be if UW was let's say 6-0 heading into Autzen stadium with Mora as our head coach? Man I'd be so fired up! It would be like the early 2000's all over again.