Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

How about Pat Hill as backup to Jim More in case he turns us down?

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
I like Pat Hill as a candidate. He's a great coach who turned 2-star recruits at Fresno State into BCS contenders. His old motto at Fresno State was "Anytime, anywhere." Remember all those upsets of top 25 teams he orchestrated there? He is very much available at the moment. Currently he's the O-line coach for the Atlanta Falcons. If Jim Mora somehow declines to become the Huskies coach by electing to stay put at UCLA, then I would immediately give Pat Hill the job. He's a players coach. While Pat Hill would not be the sexiest hire, he'd be a good hire with a proven winning track-record none to less. He'll bring stability to our program by putting together a good staff behind him, he'll hold most our recruiting class together, he'll win the hearts and minds of our players, and he'll move our program forward. The only concern I have with Hill is his age—61. In 2008 after Steve Woodward fired Ty Willingham, Pat Hill was in the running right behind Sark. Peace.

Comments

• Pat Hill was the only candidate who I'd rather have Sark over back in the 2008 coaching search.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    Haha you beat me to it. You can't make this shit up. Pat Hill and Butch Goncharoff...you can't really go wrong either way.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

Pat Hill was the only candidate who I'd rather have Sark over back in the 2008 coaching search.

I wanted Sark over Hill and Leach, but basically no one else. At least with Sark there was a chance he was a great coach. With Hill and Leach they were proven mediocrities.
  • dnc said:

Pat Hill was the only candidate who I'd rather have Sark over back in the 2008 coaching search.

I wanted Sark over Hill and Leach, but basically no one else. At least with Sark there was a chance he was a great coach. With Hill and Leach they were proven mediocrities.
    That's how I feel now. I don't get why people are so upset that Sark is gone. He is proven mediocrity. Shit even Nuss who I wouldn't want would make me feel better than Sark.

USC bailed us out. I'm sure the knowledgeable Duck fans are worried right now. They figured like we all did that Sark would be here forever.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,378 Founders Club
    I do hear he is TUFF though.
    It just doesn't matter. It just doesn't matter at all. This isn't like we lost a hall of fame level coach. We lost a guy that is pretty replaceable. We lost a guy who had trouble competing with schools who had less resources than he did. Sark was just OK...he wasn't special...good luck to him in the future...next!
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Hill's tough.

I like tough coaches.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Pat Hill would crawl here from Atlanta for this job!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited December 2013
    mobey said:

Hill's tough TUFF!!!!1!!1

I like tough TUFF coaches.

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    dnc said:

I like Pat Hill as a candidate. He's a great coach who turned 2-star recruits at Fresno State into BCS contenders. His old motto at Fresno State was "Anytime, anywhere." Remember all those upsets of top 25 teams he orchestrated there? He is very much available at the moment. Currently he's the O-line coach for the Atlanta Falcons. If Jim Mora somehow declines to become the Huskies coach by electing to stay put at UCLA, then I would immediately give Pat Hill the job. He's a players coach. While Pat Hill would not be the sexiest hire, he'd be a good hire with a proven winning track-record none to less. He'll bring stability to our program by putting together a good staff behind him, he'll hold most our recruiting class together, he'll win the hearts and minds of our players, and he'll move our program forward. The only concern I have with Hill is his age—61. In 2008 after Steve Woodward fired Ty Willingham, Pat Hill was in the running right behind Sark. Peace.

Hello Bill Fleener...... who knew dnc = did not cum.

• TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    Pat Hill was something like 1-10 lifetime versus Boise State
    Tailgater said:

dnc said:

SportsBlueBall!!! True???

• no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 765
    Yes I'm dense, but this is a whoosh right?
    no_uh said:

Yes I'm dense, but this is a whoosh right?

huh?

• SportBlueBallSportBlueBall Member Posts: 14
    dnc said:

Tailgater said:

dnc said:

SportsBlueBall!!! True???

FREE PUB