Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Feeling a lot like Tosh

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
We made Tosh an offer. He went back to Cal to get a raise. We increased our offer. Tosh to UW.

We have (allegedly) made Mora an offer. UCLA is going to make him an offer to keep him. The question is, will he give us a chance to top it?

We're going to find out a lot about Mora's decision making process in the next 24 to 48 hours. The head has to say UCLA - they're stacked with talent, have a real shot at contending next year and Sark is the new local rival. But the heart clearly says UW.

Mora strikes me as a heart over head kind of guy. The real question is what does his wifey think.

I'm scared to death, but I like UW in this one. As long as Woodward comes correct.

Comments

• I hope that top 5 salary in CFB was true. If so I like UW in this one.

#KissOfDeath
  • MakaDawgMakaDawg Member Posts: 492
    dnc said:

We made Tosh an offer. He went back to Cal to get a raise. We increased our offer. Tosh to UW.

We have (allegedly) made Mora an offer. UCLA is going to make him an offer to keep him. The question is, will he give us a chance to top it?

We're going to find out a lot about Mora's decision making process in the next 24 to 48 hours. The head has to say UCLA - they're stacked with talent, have a real shot at contending next year and Sark is the new local rival. But the heart clearly says UW.

Mora strikes me as a heart over head kind of guy. The real question is what does his wifey think.

I'm scared to death, but I like UW in this one. As long as Woodward comes correct.

Agreed.

That last sentence is what I'm most concerned about. Mora will come to UW if Woodward wants him bad enough OR if Woodward understands how badly the UW football program needs Mora.

Mora is a Dawg. He wants to coach the Dawgs. This is on Woodward to get the job done and bring Mora home, in my opinion.

• HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    edited December 2013
    I agree. The way this came about was also similar to Tosh…very quickly and at a time when the stock of both guys was rising. I think the wife would be pro UW.

Like DP206 told me today…time for those big swinging dicks to do their swinging.
  • Woodward in my opinion has to make this hire. His hand picked guy left the program and Woodward appeared very fine with that.

You can't let the guy you chose to lead this program leave willingly without putting up a fight without a plan.

If Woodward lands Mora then he will re-write his own chapter.

If he fails to land Mora this will forever be his legacy. He HAS to land Mora. I think Woodward knows that.

Perhaps I'm dooging it up but the fact Woodward didn't offer Sark an extension all year with this USC talk, even attempt to keep him or Wilcox tells me he is confident he'll land Mora.

Just hope he can close. If he can close then he can have some coffee as coffee is for fucking closers!
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

Woodward in my opinion has to make this hire. His hand picked guy left the program and Woodward appeared very fine with that.

You can't let the guy you chose to lead this program leave willingly without putting up a fight without a plan.

If Woodward lands Mora then he will re-write his own chapter.

If he fails to land Mora this will forever be his legacy. He HAS to land Mora. I think Woodward knows that.

Perhaps I'm dooging it up but the fact Woodward didn't offer Sark an extension all year with this USC talk, even attempt to keep him or Wilcox tells me he is confident he'll land Mora.

Just hope he can close. If he can close then he can have some coffee as coffee is for fucking closers!

I'm not sure how confident pool boy was about landing Mora but I'm starting to come around on what you and a couple others I've heard are saying. The fact that pool boy didn't offer sark an extension and reportedly let him walk either means he really is that clueless or he didn't really want sark back in the first place. And if that's the case, even if we don't land Mora, that eases my concerns a tiny bit that he'll be comfortable with Nussmeier. If he didn't chase after sark, maybe he knows the pressure's on to hire a winner. If you're pool boy, you don't let sark and wilcox walk to hire doug fucking nussmeier. Unless, of course, he's living up to his nickname.