Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Browning: shooting in the dark

2»

Comments

• Options
    TacoSoupTacoSoup Member Posts: 148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    jecornel said:

Tyee should not be responsible for supporting the training table. When you serve a large number of athletes you simply cannot provide high-quality food en masse. Most of it is highly processed foods so it doesn't spoil. I have seen the food, and I have seen the food before game day.

Yes, agreed college kids are going to eat shitty food. 100%. Unavoidable. Plus it is cheap. To do a proper supplement regimen and quality food is very expensive. People would be very surprised how little additional income student-athletes have.

The limited time spent with the kids is certainly an issue. UW needs to hire a QB coach. That is crystal clear.

Clemson partners with Aramark (Prison and Dining Hall food leader) and provides "a self-made smoothie bar, a soup bar, a meat-and-three buffet, a salad bar, a bread bar and an ice cream bar. There are also discussions they will have everyday items like hamburgers, pizza and hotdogs as well." They also feed them Gatorade chews and PB&Js. Not exactly gourmet.

One huge difference for Clemson is that it's football only, which absolutely matters.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    The staff did do a disservice to Jake by never recruiting someone who would push him.

This just comes across as whiny and classic Jake blaming others for.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    jecornel said:

Tyee should not be responsible for supporting the training table. When you serve a large number of athletes you simply cannot provide high-quality food en masse. Most of it is highly processed foods so it doesn't spoil. I have seen the food, and I have seen the food before game day.

Yes, agreed college kids are going to eat shitty food. 100%. Unavoidable. Plus it is cheap. To do a proper supplement regimen and quality food is very expensive. People would be very surprised how little additional income student-athletes have.

The limited time spent with the kids is certainly an issue. UW needs to hire a QB coach. That is crystal clear.

UW needs to hire a real OC, but that wouldn't have fixed Browning's throwing motion. By NCAA regs nobody on UW's staff could have spent the time 3DQB did with Browning to fix his throwing motion. That's something he had to take on himself, and unfortunately he chose not to do it until after college.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

jecornel said:

Clemson partners with Aramark (Prison and Dining Hall food leader) and provides "a self-made smoothie bar, a soup bar, a meat-and-three buffet, a salad bar, a bread bar and an ice cream bar. There are also discussions they will have everyday items like hamburgers, pizza and hotdogs as well." They also feed them Gatorade chews and PB&Js. Not exactly gourmet.

One huge difference for Clemson is that it's football only, which absolutely matters.
    http://footballscoop.com/news/alabama-gives-tour-new-25000-square-foot-nutrition-facility/
    Bama's 15 million dollar football-only nutrition facility, comes with 5 full-time trained chefs and four dietitians. If you watched any of ESPN's 'Training Days: Rolling with the Tide' thing, you saw these kids literally have lobster and steak offered every night. It was incredible in one of the segments when they were talking about the quantity of food that is processed daily at that place.