Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Not Good BruinReportOnline...

http://ucla.scout.com/2/1353219.html

Breaking news on contract negotiations with Mora. Fuck.

Comments

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    LIFPO, this means we definitely offered him something that has his attention, UCLA would be stupid to not try to counter. Now is when woodward proves he has balls and closes.
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,972
    Testicles dropping commence!
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    brchco12 said:

LIFPO, this means we definitely offered him something that has his attention, UCLA would be stupid to not try to counter. Now is when woodward proves he has balls and closes.

Hope ur right.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    I like Danny Boy in this one.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I'm the internet half brain who's sitting in his bed at 1:13am waiting for nuggets of information, so what the fuck do I know.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    You are an idiot if you think Woody and Mora are talking without conferencing in a Fetters, Bleenor, Biggins, Feldman, etc.
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    Belief is it's over the extension he got earlier this year and the buyout
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

Belief is it's over the extension he got earlier this year and the buyout

BRO says its good news on their twitter. Does it axe Mora to UW chances?
  • Belief is it's over the extension he got earlier this year and the buyout

BRO says its good news on their twitter. Does it axe Mora to UW chances?
    You could be right however I come back to I can't remember a team saying their coach is going to leave.

Until he comes here or flat says no I won't believe anything.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    edited December 2013
    Maybe the BRO guys are pathological liars like the DM guys. Unlikely, but a man can dream.
  • Reading BRO twitter feed they have been putting their head in the sand the past 12 hours vehemently denying Mora would have any interest in UW. I don't trust them.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    edited December 2013
    1. Sark got an offer that Woodward didn't counter because he wanted Sark gone.
    2. Mora got an offer that FUCLA wants to counter. The game is on. FUCLA has never won a football bidding war. They don't pay top dollar for football HC's.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    can't discount the possibility Mora has a good gig going at UCLA, owns the town and just used Woody's desparation and Sarks new fortune to enhance his UCLA deal to a market rate contract.

UCLA has alumni that could pony up $4-5 million/year with pocket change and of course, UCLA got the same $300 Million in TV money everybody else in the conference got. What have they spent it on so far?

edited December 2013

can't discount the possibility Mora has a good gig going at UCLA, owns the town and just used Woody's desparation and Sarks new fortune to enhance his UCLA deal to a market rate contract.

UCLA has alumni that could pony up $4-5 million/year with pocket change and of course, UCLA got the same $300 Million in TV money everybody else in the conference got. What have they spent it on so far?

UCLA is not a separate 501(c)(3), like we are. They're set up like Cal. Everything has to go through the Regents and the Chancellor. The AD can't negotiate independently. Just like when we stole Tosh, Cal couldn't respond quickly. UCLA cannot respond quickly. Woodward has his own money, separate from upper campus. Donors cannot give directly to the AD at UCLA unless the Regents set it up ahead of time. At UW, they can.

Our $300 million went to Woodward. UCLA's money went to the University. If you think State Schools in Washington are strapped, you have no idea how strapped they are in California. The UCLA AD will be lucky to get half that money.

That's why UCLA will always be little brother in LA. USC is private and can do anything they want.

Remember the Tosh bidding, and relax. If Woodward wants this deal, it will work. If he doesn't, it won't.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    If there's a bit of hope we can somewhat rely on, it's that Dan Guerrero could possibly be a bigger fuck up than Woody.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652

UCLA is not a separate 501(c)(3), like we are. They're set up like Cal. Everything has to go through the Regents and the Chancellor. The AD can't negotiate independently. Just like when we stole Tosh, Cal couldn't respond quickly. UCLA cannot respond quickly. Woodward has his own money, separate from upper campus. Donors cannot give directly to the AD at UCLA unless the Regents set it up ahead of time. At UW, they can.

Our $300 million went to Woodward. UCLA's money went to the University. If you think State Schools in Washington are strapped, you have no idea how strapped they are in California. The UCLA AD will be lucky to get half that money.

That's why UCLA will always be little brother in LA. USC is private and can do anything they want.

Remember the Tosh bidding, and relax. If Woodward wants this deal, it will work. If he doesn't, it won't.
    I want to believe you know what you're talking about. What you say makes sense.
  • loadsockloadsock Member Posts: 686
    d2d has been very lucid in this thread
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

not exactly.

UW is a state school. the coach gets a state pension. the football stadium was built with the full faith and credit of the State school. The head coaches contract has to be approved by the Board Of Regents which has the overall University to consider and the political implications of excessive coach contracts when they beg the legislature for money.
    More proof that the UCLA AD did NOT get the $300 million. The Regents got it.

"UCLA intends to build a football-only facility at Spaulding Field, which would include a locker room, weight room, meeting rooms and offices for coaches. The university has hired an architect and is trying to raise $50 million for the project. Washington completed renovations on its football facilities, including Husky Stadium, last summer." LA Times

Hey, I don't know if it will work, but I'm betting on "POOL BOY". I thinks he's got his shot lined up.
    loadsock said:

d2d has been very lucid in this thread

I had lots of time to think when I was cleaning toilets on Wall Street.