Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Budos Band review - Neumos 4.20

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Went and saw some live music for the first time in like 5 years last night. Budos Band at sold out Neumos with all the hipsters up on Capital Hill. I was really into them 10 years back but kind of lost track after the first couple albums. At any rate, they are still a kick ass show and it’s been interesting to seem them transition from mostly jazz/heavy Afro funk to more of a hybrid of heavy psychedelic/Sabbath mixed with funk and jazz.

Think: Blues Brothers on extreme amounts of acid.

Old Budos circa 2005
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1wrrkbfy_GI

New Budos album circa 2018
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3FrMfp5iE34

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My favorite quote of the evening, was from the lead trumpet player who said, "You know why the mother fucking Budos Band kicks ass? Because on our 1st album we had a Volcano on the cover; and our 2nd a Scorpion; but on our 3rd album cover we had a MOTHER FUCKING COBRA!!"

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538

My favorite quote of the evening, was from the lead trumpet player who said, "You know why the mother fucking Budos Band kicks ass? Because on our 1st album we had a Volcano on the cover; and our 2nd a Scorpion; but on our 3rd album cover we had a MOTHER FUCKING COBRA!!"

#jakebrowning
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

#jakebrowning
    He was the first thing I thought of.