Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Favorite Tropical / Boat Drink?

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mai Tai

I got you yella!

I’ve long wondered @creepycoug if the Cuban Bicardi was better than the current Puerto Rican stuff.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Cuba Libre, aka the @creepycoug

I got you yella!

I’ve long wondered @creepycoug if the Cuban Bicardi was better than the current Puerto Rican stuff.
    I'm told, Yes!!
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Mai Tai

Tequilla said:

I hate the bullshit when they do line juice and agave nectar and tequila and call it a margarita.

Need real orange liquer bitch.
    Then it's good.

At minimum, triple sec is required. At best an orange liqueur plus fresh squeezed limes and some agave is preferred
    I'm pretty much at the point I never order cocktails when out. Beer and wine.

In a hotel bar for like 20 bucks they make a good cocktail but that's pretty much it.
    I try to avoid anything too fancy when out ... you’d be shocked at how many places make a shit Collins

Bourbon and coke is hard to fuck up ... those places that serve stiff drinks get my business

Places that have Pepsi vs Coke deserve to be run out of business
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mai Tai

I hate the bullshit when they do line juice and agave nectar and tequila and call it a margarita.

Then it's good.

I've said this before, but it's NOT A MARGARITA if it doesn't have orange liqueur.

The word for a 'sour' (which is a drink with lemon/lime juice in it) that is sweetened with orange liqueur is a DAISY (because typically they would appear yellow).

The TEQUILA version got the SPANISH name for DAISY: Margarita.

Anything else is a Tequila Sour.
    So I've been on the a quest for the perfect pour man's orange liquor and have to give the Patron Citron 2 thumbs down. It's way too dry compared to Cointreau which is the best stuff to use in a Marg. I should have know better since Parton is a product geared towards douche canoes like Sark.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Margarita

Then it's good.

I've said this before, but it's NOT A MARGARITA if it doesn't have orange liqueur.

The word for a 'sour' (which is a drink with lemon/lime juice in it) that is sweetened with orange liqueur is a DAISY (because typically they would appear yellow).

So I've been on the a quest for the perfect pour man's orange liquor and have to give the Patron Citron 2 thumbs down. It's way too dry compared to Cointreau which is the best stuff to use in a Marg. I should have know better since Parton is a product geared towards douche canoes like Sark.

Total Wine sells a good orange liquer....I forgot what it's called. 79 or something. It's like 16 bucks too.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The folks would always bring back an umbrella or stir stick after they went to Trader Vic's after the Huskys game. I would assume my dad drove home drunk
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mai Tai

The folks would always bring back an umbrella or stir stick after they went to Trader Vic's after the Huskys game. I would assume my dad drove home drunk

That's where the Westin be now.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mai Tai

Tequilla said:

Then it's good.

At minimum, triple sec is required. At best an orange liqueur plus fresh squeezed limes and some agave is preferred

In a hotel bar for like 20 bucks they make a good cocktail but that's pretty much it.
    Maybe in Arizona. I can throw a rock and hit three different good bars in downtown Long Beach.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Trader Vics was at that Westin in my bar hopping days
    Swaye's Wigwam

I saw @RaceBannon drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic’s and his hair was perfect.
    And I had love in my heart
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mai Tai

I saw @RaceBannon drinking a pina colada at Trader Vic’s and his hair was perfect.
    And I had love in my heart
    Words cannot describe the love in my heart for Warren Zevon.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Margarita

Tequilla said:

Then it's good.

Maybe in Arizona. I can throw a rock and hit three different good bars in downtown Long Beach.
    I'm talking about vegas yo
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mai Tai

Then it's good.

Gran gala. I use it for drinks all the time especially when they are for company that won't know the difference anyways.

Swaye's Wigwam
    Mai Tai

Tequilla said:

Then it's good.

I'm talking about vegas yo
    Oh thats right, forgot about that. Vegas sucks for cocktails unless you are either paying too much or find a divey local place that can do classics.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mai Tai

Then it's good.

Gran gala. I use it for drinks all the time especially when they are for company that won't know the difference anyways.

What’s the proof?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mai Tai

Then it's good.

What’s the proof?
    80 proof 40% abv and at least here its $17.99-19.99 for a fifth.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Mai Tai

Then it's good.

Gran Gala is good. In a marg there’s no way to really tell the difference between that and Grand Marnier.

It’s not quite the quality of GM; but it’s well done. It’s more like a Toyota Land Cruiser vs a Range Rover.

But those guys aren’t triple sec: they are orange liqueur with a brandy base. Cointreau is triple sec.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mai Tai

Then it's good.

Gran Gala is good. In a marg there’s no way to really tell the difference between that and Grand Marnier.

It’s not quite the quality of GM; but it’s well done. It’s more like a Toyota Land Cruiser vs a Range Rover.

But those guys aren’t triple sec: they are orange liqueur with a brandy base. Cointreau is triple sec.
    Bruh, a new Land Cruiser these days is over $80K MSRP