Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bernie Sanders a millionaire

Comments

• Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

So you have a million bucks in the bank and you make 250k a year for the next 10-15 years and you don't live an idiot you aren't rich?

Most of America doesn't have a savings account or the ability to pay a 400 dollar emergency bill.

I guess if you want to be in Medina?

You're describing comfortable, but not rich. Particularly not in Seattle.

So what about Renton? Are you rich in Renton? Or extremely comfortable.
    Rich is wealth that can generate passive income. A million dollars is a lot of money, but it cannot reliably produce a lot of passive income. You’ll need to keep working that $250k job and put as much as you can into savings and investments. If you do that you may very well be “rich”, or close to it, at the end of 10-15 years. A salary isn’t rich. What you have in the bank is the real measure of rich.
    We need to raise taxes on passive income

We need to raise taxes on people earning 250K a year or more

We need to raise taxes on anything you managed to keep and want to pass along

Your Democrats

you say that like it's a bad thing
    Why do you think that? I merely said it because H is pretending it isn't the rich he wants to soak with more taxes

Sounds like you agree with him
    Reps are under the delusional impression that people get rich despite the system instead of because of it, so therefore thy have no obligation to pay back into the system that they took advantage of

Party of I got Mine, Fuck the Rest of You

You must be so proud
    What a load of crap. The top 1% of income earners are currently paying 40% of all the income taxes. I think they have a pretty good idea they have an obligation to pay back into the system.

Income isn’t wealth though and you resist every effort to tax the vastly wealthy.
    Another lie. I resist every effort to raise taxes. The "wealthy" are already paying plenty of taxes and if you weren't such a fucking hypocrite you'd could be paying more yourself right now but you don't.

Large fortunes are comprised mostly of untaxed appreciation. The wealthy pay income taxes at very low rates and are skilled at avoiding the receipt of income. I'm willing to pay more, but only if everyone else does. I'm not willingly subsidizing people as comfortable or more comfortable than myself.
    That's exactly what my chart shows that Bob ignores. He's a simple mind that likes to say that the top 1% of income earners pay 40% of income tax. But ignores the other federal taxes that are paid (and they get a break on such as social security limit and no payroll taxes on most of their income). And ignores how much total income they make compared to the other 99%.

But that talking point sounds so good when he continually repeats it.

And it takes a lying piece of shit to talk about payroll taxes when I specifically and solely mentioned income taxes. It didn't "ignore" them Kunt. I also didn't mention how much pay roll taxes the rich pay. I specifically talked about income taxes in response to one of your liberal dipshit pals who claimed that the rich feel like they have no obligation to pay back into the system. Shocking how you never said a word in response to that line of bullshit but call a statement of fact a lie.

Your chart shows that you're a liar and strawman ass fucking champ Hondo

This is so embarrassing that you don't even see it.
    The word of a pathological liar isn't worth much Hondo.

And it's a documented fact that Trump's team met with a Russian team to discuss giving DNC emails and Hillary emails to Trump.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

With the tax-filing deadline just days away, California residents are worried that a slew of proposed levies on everything from soft drinks to water to tires and car batteries could soon see even more money going out of their pockets in the state that already has the nation's highest income tax.

As Californians grapple with that 13.3 percent income tax – and some leaner-than-usual refunds this year due to the recent federal tax overhaul – lawmakers in Sacramento are looking at a range of other revenue sources. Members of the legislature's Democratic supermajority argue that these new taxes are vital to shore up the state coffers and to provide crucial services such as repairing crumbling infrastructure, cleaning up toxic wells and fighting obesity.

Overall, the California Tax Foundation has added up more than $6.2 billion worth of tax increase proposals pending in the state legislature, with that number expected to rise as bills are amended.

“We have the highest gas tax in the nation and the majority party has gone as far as taxing our air,” California State Senate Republican Leader Shannon Grove said in a statement to Fox News. “Now, they are proposing to tax our water, soda, tires, and more. Higher taxes won’t solve California’s affordability and housing problems, and they will only make things worse.”

A spokesperson for the California Democratic Party declined to comment to Fox News, instead directing questions to lawmakers who proposed the pieces of legislation.

One of the most controversial proposals to come out of Sacramento this year is a proposal from Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom to tax drinking water in order to clean up contaminated water in the state’s low-income and rural areas.

Source is FAUX News

Their numbers are wrong, surprise surprise

https://www.ftb.ca.gov/forms/2018/18_540tt.pdf
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

So you have a million bucks in the bank and you make 250k a year for the next 10-15 years and you don't live an idiot you aren't rich?

Most of America doesn't have a savings account or the ability to pay a 400 dollar emergency bill.

Rich is wealth that can generate passive income. A million dollars is a lot of money, but it cannot reliably produce a lot of passive income. You’ll need to keep working that $250k job and put as much as you can into savings and investments. If you do that you may very well be “rich”, or close to it, at the end of 10-15 years. A salary isn’t rich. What you have in the bank is the real measure of rich.

Your Democrats

Why do you think that? I merely said it because H is pretending it isn't the rich he wants to soak with more taxes

Reps are under the delusional impression that people get rich despite the system instead of because of it, so therefore thy have no obligation to pay back into the system that they took advantage of

You must be so proud
    What a load of crap. The top 1% of income earners are currently paying 40% of all the income taxes. I think they have a pretty good idea they have an obligation to pay back into the system.

Income isn’t wealth though and you resist every effort to tax the vastly wealthy.
    Another lie. I resist every effort to raise taxes. The "wealthy" are already paying plenty of taxes and if you weren't such a fucking hypocrite you'd could be paying more yourself right now but you don't.

Large fortunes are comprised mostly of untaxed appreciation. The wealthy pay income taxes at very low rates and are skilled at avoiding the receipt of income. I'm willing to pay more, but only if everyone else does. I'm not willingly subsidizing people as comfortable or more comfortable than myself.
    That's exactly what my chart shows that Bob ignores. He's a simple mind that likes to say that the top 1% of income earners pay 40% of income tax. But ignores the other federal taxes that are paid (and they get a break on such as social security limit and no payroll taxes on most of their income). And ignores how much total income they make compared to the other 99%.

And it takes a lying piece of shit to talk about payroll taxes when I specifically and solely mentioned income taxes. It didn't "ignore" them Kunt. I also didn't mention how much pay roll taxes the rich pay. I specifically talked about income taxes in response to one of your liberal dipshit pals who claimed that the rich feel like they have no obligation to pay back into the system. Shocking how you never said a word in response to that line of bullshit but call a statement of fact a lie.

And it's a documented fact that Trump's team met with a Russian team to discuss giving DNC emails and Hillary emails to Trump.
    The best part is. You don't even realize you are lying. You just parrot what Rush and Fox news say and roll with it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

Your Democrats

You must be so proud

The best part is. You don't even realize you are lying. You just parrot what Rush and Fox news say and roll with it.
    Naaaah, the best part is when a proven pathological liar calls a statement of fact a "lie" and then acts as if the word of a proven pathological liar is of any value.

The top 1% of income earners are currently paying 40% of all the income taxes. The pathological liar claims that statement is a "lie"

While claiming this complete and total fucking lie is a "documented fact."

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is the sort of thing that stupid, trashy people use as a gotcha moment

Lol I was going to post an image but image uploading via url is broken on mobile. This site sucks ass

Hates the people.
    Hates the content.
    Hates the format.
    Hates the site.

Spends 90% of life on here.

How bad is reality for you?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    Not only is Honda a statist, he's part of the tax-industrial complex that thrives on a tax code so complex that it amounts to a tyranny of its own.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,727
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

With the tax-filing deadline just days away, California residents are worried that a slew of proposed levies on everything from soft drinks to water to tires and car batteries could soon see even more money going out of their pockets in the state that already has the nation's highest income tax.

As Californians grapple with that 13.3 percent income tax – and some leaner-than-usual refunds this year due to the recent federal tax overhaul – lawmakers in Sacramento are looking at a range of other revenue sources. Members of the legislature's Democratic supermajority argue that these new taxes are vital to shore up the state coffers and to provide crucial services such as repairing crumbling infrastructure, cleaning up toxic wells and fighting obesity.

Overall, the California Tax Foundation has added up more than $6.2 billion worth of tax increase proposals pending in the state legislature, with that number expected to rise as bills are amended.

“We have the highest gas tax in the nation and the majority party has gone as far as taxing our air,” California State Senate Republican Leader Shannon Grove said in a statement to Fox News. “Now, they are proposing to tax our water, soda, tires, and more. Higher taxes won’t solve California’s affordability and housing problems, and they will only make things worse.”

A spokesperson for the California Democratic Party declined to comment to Fox News, instead directing questions to lawmakers who proposed the pieces of legislation.

One of the most controversial proposals to come out of Sacramento this year is a proposal from Democratic Gov. Gavin Newsom to tax drinking water in order to clean up contaminated water in the state’s low-income and rural areas.

Source is FAUX News

Yeah didn't read but I trust you. Kind of
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

Your Democrats

You must be so proud

And this is part of what makes you a hypocrite. Even if you can't see it.
    Fortunately for me, I can’t see it.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

Your Democrats

You must be so proud

Naaaah, the best part is when a proven pathological liar calls a statement of fact a "lie" and then acts as if the word of a proven pathological liar is of any value.

The top 1% of income earners are currently paying 40% of all the income taxes. The pathological liar claims that statement is a "lie"

Yes that is a lie. When taken in the context of "the wealthy pay more than their fair share of taxes." You need to take into account all their federal taxes. And you need to take into account the amount of income they generate. If the top 1% pay 40% of the taxes, but make 40% of the income, would you still say they pay more than their fair share?

Seriously, you are dumb as a box of rocks.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

Your Democrats

You must be so proud

Yes that is a lie. When taken in the context of "the wealthy pay more than their fair share of taxes." You need to take into account all their federal taxes. And you need to take into account the amount of income they generate. If the top 1% pay 40% of the taxes, but make 40% of the income, would you still say they pay more than their fair share?

You mean the "context" I never stated and the "context" that wasn't mentioned by the person I initially responded to? Yeah, what the fuck is wrong with me. I'm not talking about the point Hondo wants to make.

Coming from a fucking dipshit who didn't even know that Social Security existed in the 1950s I can't tell you how much it stings being called "dumb" by someone who is roundly acknowledged to be one of dumbest, if not the dumbest piece of shit to post here.

So to recap. In the pathological lying piece of shit world Hondo lives in a statement of fact is really a lie. While a fucking lie AAnd it's a documented fact that Trump's team met with a Russian team to discuss giving DNC emails and Hillary emails to Trump. is really "true."

• Options
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

Your Democrats

You must be so proud

You mean the "context" I never stated and the "context" that wasn't mentioned by the person I initially responded to? Yeah, what the fuck is wrong with me. I'm not talking about the point Hondo wants to make.

Coming from a fucking dipshit who didn't even know that Social Security existed in the 1950s I can't tell you how much it stings being called "dumb" by someone who is roundly acknowledged to be one of dumbest, if not the dumbest piece of shit to post here.

So to recap. In the pathological lying piece of shit world Hondo lives in a statement of fact is really a lie. While a fucking lie AAnd it's a documented fact that Trump's team met with a Russian team to discuss giving DNC emails and Hillary emails to Trump. is really "true."

That's a lot of bitterness in you brotha. I can't fix your stupidity. Lil lyin Bob.
  • Options

BearsWiin said:

Source is FAUX News

It's a fucking tax table, not an article. Scroll down to the end and you'll see that $100,000 taxable income is taxed at 6.5% if you're single or married filing separately, and 4% if you're married filing jointly.

Facts don't care about your feelings
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Maximum rate is 12.3%

Would it have fucking killed you to just say that? They missed it by a point

Any issues with the rest of the article?https://ftb.ca.gov/forms/2018-california-tax-rates-and-exemptions.shtml
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Source is FAUX News

It's a fucking tax table, not an article. Scroll down to the end and you'll see that $100,000 taxable income is taxed at 6.5% if you're single or married filing separately, and 4% if you're married filing jointly.

The article doesn't say at what income level people are paying that 13.3% and your tax table conveniently stops at $100K in income.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

Source is FAUX News

The article doesn't say at what income level people are paying that 13.3% and your tax table conveniently stops at $100K in income.
    Its 12.3 according to the state website

Had I been asking about 100K in income @BearsWiin had it fucking nailed
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Top rate is 12.3% not 13.3%
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

BearsWiin said:

BearsWiin said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

HHusky said:

jecornel said:

Your Democrats

You must be so proud

That's a lot of bitterness in you brotha. I can't fix your stupidity. Lil lyin Bob.
    Out of lies, Hondo hoists the white flag.
  • Options

Maximum rate is 12.3%

Any issues with the rest of the article?https://ftb.ca.gov/forms/2018-california-tax-rates-and-exemptions.shtml

Very few Californians come close to paying the top rate.

It's an easy lie to challenge, too; hell I did it here a few months ago when some nitwit linked a "why business is fleeing the Golden State" hit piece and they quoted the same fucking rate, but said it starts at some absurdly low taxable income amount. It's not hard to google the fucking tax tables and find that they're lying out their asses when they say shit like that

Faux watchers will still gobble it up tho, a gullible lot
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

I could be convinced that taxing drinking water is immoral

I could be convinced that poor Americans should have clean drinking water too.
    So will there be a meter at the house to not tax the poor? Seems like clean drinking water is a pretty basic function of government. Like you would budget that first out of the general fund
    If only there were a special utility that could charge and tax for their services in order to pay for a water delivery system to every single home in every incorporated area in the state. I guess we could always dream.

Btw, could you cite for me the town or city that sells clean drinking water only to rich people?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

Maximum rate is 12.3%

Very few Californians come close to paying the top rate.

It's an easy lie to challenge, too; hell I did it here a few months ago when some nitwit linked a "why business is fleeing the Golden State" hit piece and they quoted the same fucking rate, but said it starts at some absurdly low taxable income amount. It's not hard to google the fucking tax tables and find that they're lying out their asses when they say shit like that

Faux watchers will still gobble it up tho, a gullible lot
    The top rate had very little to do with the 6.2 billion dollars in additional taxes being considered which was the point of the article

I guess CNN viewers would be easily fooled by someone claiming the rate is 6%. That's a bigger lie than missing it by a point