Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UDub Coach cited for encouraging players to assault

dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,007
5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
Swaye's Wigwam
other people while on the field... The citation was from dawgman.

Hope you enjoyed that nutsacks! Here's the article- https://247sports.com/college/washington/Article/Washington-Huskies-Football-Adams-Wants-Husky-Receivers-To-Be-In-Attack-Mode-At-All-Times-130864112/

Not the worst article that's come from them. I slightly enjoyed because other than thinking he was constantly high and the short video of him yesterday with the sled, we haven't seen much nor do we know much about him. Enjoy your copypasta:

"I always like to hang my hat on just the mindset of playing the position and just to be in attack mode at all times," Adams told the media following the Huskies' first spring practice on Wednesday. "That's one of the things that we want to preach to this group and harp on to this group of guys is just that edge and compete each snap. One of the first things I said to these guys was that I'm a wide receiver. I go to bed as one, I wake up as one, I walk around as one, I talk like one, I'm just like you guys, so I get it. I think I could bring that mindset and understand why they're thinking the way they're thinking and just that competitive juice, that fire. These guys have made plays, let's not kid ourselves, they've made a lot of plays, so I'm very fortunate to be able to walk into a room with a lot of veterans."

Speaking of those very veterans, Adams returns four seniors -- Aaron Fuller, Andre Baccellia, Chico McClatcher and Quinten Pounds -- but one is out while recovering from third knee injury (Pounds), one is limited this spring (Fuller) and another is coming off of a leave of absence from the team (McClatcher). With that in mind, he's also taken a look at the youngsters in the room and he's excited by what he's seen so far.

"You've got some good young talent in the room. I really do believe that," Adams noted. "They've been good. They've been all ears. They've been sponges. I think we're doing a really good job of just connecting right now. That's the most important thing."

Those youngsters include a pair of four star recruits in Marquis Spiker and Austin Osborne as well as a converted running back who could be deadly out of the slot. Add to that the two talented wideouts -- Puka Nacua and Taj Davis -- and he'll have some bodies to work with, but they'd better figure out how to block down the field.

"We like to say 'no block, no rock'," Adams said with a chuckle. "Long runs come from wide receivers blocking down field and I truly believe that. I think we're going to celebrate touchdown blocks as much as we're going to celebrate touchdown passes. If you watched our practice today, one of the first things we did was get on the sled and started blocking. I think that's the mindset we've got to have at the receiver position, always in attack mode, just playing like our hair's on fire -- 'all gas no breaks', that's what we say in there -- but I think blocking is one of the most important pieces and one of our basic fundamentals.

Adams and the rest of the Huskies get back to work on the field on Friday and he'll be making mental notes of those who figure things out quickly and those are likely to be the players that find their way onto the field for more reps as they continue getting ready for the start of the season on August 31st.

IF home dude ain't fast twitch, I don't know what is. Too early to tell (LIPO) but he needs to prove his ability with player development to lure in WIlson/McMillan IMO. Overall, I feel good about the projectory of the WR room. With skinny, Jake the 3rd, wakoff, and Huard the 5th, we need to be able to close on the potential of the WR's playing with studs. We need to be able to close on the fact that "when you come to deathrow, you learn to block as well" so your NFL value is maxed out. We also need to sell the fact that our WR coach won't be all up in the videos (if you missed that reference, I can't help you). WE = bushes and Jr.

Cautiously optimistic with a half chubby.

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mods?

Faux Lawyers?