Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

March Recruiting Tidbits

From the West Region Recruiting Chat with Angulo:

Question: How do you feel about your Washington CB for Johnny Wilson?

Angulo: I don’t feel 100 percent confident in Wilson to UW or even as confident as I did when I put in the Crystal Ball last year, but I’m sticking with the Huskies for now. He really likes that staff, the direction of the program and has been thoroughly impressed on his previous visits to campus. Texas, Ohio State, Oregon and UCLA are all in the mix as well and official visits will be very key. The Huskies need playmakers out wide and Wilson recognizes that opportunity.

Question: How big of lead does Texas have for Ringo?

Angulo: I think right now it’s a considerable lead, enough for me to have put in a Crystal Ball vote recently. He’s been to Austin a handful of times, loves the culture of the program and raves about the staff. Ringo has also felt like a No. 1 priority since the moment the Longhorns offered and that's big.

Question: How do you think UW is doing with Nick Herbig and Jordan Botelho? I know you have a UW crystal ball for Jordan Botelho, do you still feel confident in that pick? And when do you think Nick and Jordan make there decisions?

Angulo: I think UW is in a good spot for both Herbig and Botelho. I have the pick on Botelho to the Huskies, but don’t feel completely sure on that one. I think Oregon has made up a lot of ground on that front and Botelho also wants to get a closer look at some of the national offers he has picked up in recent months so there is some way to go. Herbig likes UW a lot and I’d say the Huskies are probably in his top two or three right now. Wisconsin is another one to watch for him and I think the opportunity for early playing time is going to be an important factor. Both Herbig and Botelho have told me they would like to make their decisions by the end of summer but won’t rush anything if they’re not ready. I think Herbig could possibly come off the board before Botelho.

Question: I saw you put in a crystal ball for Jalen McMillan to UW along with Greg and Brandon, what made you do that? Which OL is UW doing well with right now and have a realistic shot at landing?

Angulo: McMillan talked up the Huskies at adidas 7v7 West Regional earlier this month and I had Oregon as my pick so felt compelled to flip that choice. UW is in a good spot for the likes of Myles Murao, Geirean Hatchett, Noah Nelson and Jeffrey Persi right now along the offensive line. A lot can change of course as the spring eval period begins soon and more players are added to the board.

Question: Who do you think UW lands out of Smalls, Ringo, J. Wilson, and McMillan, if any?

Angulo: In order of confidence — McMillan, Smalls, Wilson and Ringo. But it’s March so don’t hold me to that lol

Question: If you were predicting UW’s WR and DB classes for ‘20 today... who would those recruits be?

Angulo: WR Jalen McMillan, WR Johnny Wilson for now… DB Ayden Hector, DB Zion Alefosio (no offer), DB Nicolas Session (no offer)

Question: Blair, are you able to offer any more insight on your crystal ball of Jalen McMillan to UW? After his strong 7x7 performances recently, Do you seem Sam Huard eventually moving into the top 10/5 overall for 2021, and how would he rank compared to the 2020 QB's? Who do you see as the leader for Johnny Wilson at the moment?

Angulo: McMillan talked up Washington a lot and has been feeling like priority No. 1 for the Huskies. That and the fact that UW is in desperate need of play-making wideouts was a big reason for the CB flip. A move up could happen for Huard. He’s a special player. Calm in the pocket, composed under pressure, strong, accurate arm with touch when he needs it. Strong leader. All the makings of a big-time QB at the next level. I think he’d rank favorably among the 2020 class, a top 5 prospect in the pro-style QB rankings. I’m sticking with UW for Johnny Wilson for the time being, but I have heard some whispers about him possibly leaning toward playing closer to home in LA for the Bruins. I think UCLA’s product on the field will have a lot of impact on that front.

Comments