Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Trump said he wouldn’t cut Medicaid, Social Security and Medicaid

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,185
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Direct charity doesn't require the government and makes a huge impact on the lives of people it's there for. Maybe try that.

I mean, I'm sure you won't, but it's worth being said.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,110
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Spending needs to be cut. Including military. Cuts to nearly every agency, if not eliminating some altogether are needed.

I'd start with 15% off the military budget for openers, and then trim significant chunks (25%+) off all entitlement programs and completely do away with useless shit like the National Endowment for the Arts. Oh yeah, and huge cuts to the Department of Education (lolwut?) and the EPA (FTG). There are probably tons of meaningless agencies that could be shuttered completely.
    Cut 100% to the UN and 75% of foreign aid. Cut 100% of foreign aid to where they chant "death to America".
    The real money is in the entitlement programs but there is no political will to go after them
    Absolutely correct. And mall cop would squeal like a stuck pig if you cut any of his entitlements.

Raising taxes is inevitable. We could start now and reduce the pain.
    We? You mean “we” should raise taxes on other people. Not you.
    What makes you say stupid shit? I'm a one percenter. My taxes would be going up under any proposal I could make.
    Nothing stopping you from writing a bigger check to the Government right now O'Keefed. You don't need a change in the tax law for you to do what you want to have done. Put your money were your mouth is and write the fucking check.
    Yes, yes. Mikey already beat you to it. The old, "Why don't you just volunteer to pay more?" dodge.
    The old, I'm a fucking hypocrite who wants to force other people to do what I'm unwilling to do right now dodge.
    Many hands make light work. I'll pay more, but I want rich dudes like you to pay more too, blob.
    So you’re a hypocrite. Good to know.
    I've never advocated a voluntary tax system. Add hypocrite to the list of terms you don't understand.
    Of course not. You would never pay if not forced. Yet you talk about the wonderful things that need to be funded. Hypocrite.
    blob has correctly noted that we won’t see any cut to entitlement spending. Wonderful? Doesn’t matter.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Spending needs to be cut. Including military. Cuts to nearly every agency, if not eliminating some altogether are needed.

I'd start with 15% off the military budget for openers, and then trim significant chunks (25%+) off all entitlement programs and completely do away with useless shit like the National Endowment for the Arts. Oh yeah, and huge cuts to the Department of Education (lolwut?) and the EPA (FTG). There are probably tons of meaningless agencies that could be shuttered completely.
    Cut 100% to the UN and 75% of foreign aid. Cut 100% of foreign aid to where they chant "death to America".
    The real money is in the entitlement programs but there is no political will to go after them
    Absolutely correct. And mall cop would squeal like a stuck pig if you cut any of his entitlements.

What makes you say stupid shit? I'm a one percenter. My taxes would be going up under any proposal I could make.
    Nothing stopping you from writing a bigger check to the Government right now O'Keefed. You don't need a change in the tax law for you to do what you want to have done. Put your money were your mouth is and write the fucking check.
    Yes, yes. Mikey already beat you to it. The old, "Why don't you just volunteer to pay more?" dodge.
    The old, I'm a fucking hypocrite who wants to force other people to do what I'm unwilling to do right now dodge.
    Many hands make light work. I'll pay more, but I want rich dudes like you to pay more too, blob.
    I've never advocated a voluntary tax system. Add hypocrite to the list of terms you don't understand.
    Of course not. You would never pay if not forced. Yet you talk about the wonderful things that need to be funded. Hypocrite.
    blob has correctly noted that we won’t see any cut to entitlement spending. Wonderful? Doesn’t matter.
    We'll see cuts when the programs implode.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Fine with me. Hypocrite
  • Options

Direct charity doesn't require the government and makes a huge impact on the lives of people it's there for. Maybe try that.

I give to charity. But mall cop still wants his social security and Medicare.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Some cuts, sure. Anyway, cutting expense and raising revenues aren’t alternative courses of action.
  • Options
    I

HHusky said:

Paying more won't help as long as we? keep spending more which we? will

Raise taxes and people dodge them like H

We will spend more. You can help by killing yourself. That's patriotism.
    I'm still working and paying ALL of my taxes. Unlike some here
    I pay all my taxes, Madam. I’m willing to raise them so your entitlements aren’t cut.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,185
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

Writing a check to the Red Cross to avoid taxes isn't direct charity.
  • Options

HHusky said:

Writing a check to the Red Cross to avoid taxes isn't direct charity.
    Does buying my elderly neighbor a bicycle to replace the one that was stolen count? But truth be told, I do take the tax deduction when I give to a 501(c)(3). You don't?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Sledog said:

Swaye said:

Some cuts, sure. Anyway, cutting expense and raising revenues aren’t alternative courses of action.
    But you shit all over the people who do advocate for cutting spending while you vote for and support the people who want to increase spending. You course of action only moves in one direction.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Can't cut spending on entitlements significantly. That's what would be required to reduce spending. Old people are multiplying, and they vote. Young people are not having kids. And Daddy gets elected on anti-immigrant platform to boot.

Spending is going to go up. Shall we pay cash or put it on a credit card?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

Can't cut spending on entitlements significantly. That's what would be required to reduce spending. Old people are multiplying, and they vote. Young people are not having kids. And Daddy gets elected on anti-immigrant platform to boot.

Anti-immigrant? We currently allow over a million legal immigrants into this country each year. Nearly 45 million people currently living in the US weren't born here. Current US population is 327 Million up from 304 million in 2008.

How many is enough O'Keefed?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Getting even more illegals on the dole will help with the deficit
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Anti-immigrant? We currently allow over a million legal immigrants into this country each year. Nearly 45 million people currently living in the US weren't born here. Current US population is 327 Million up from 304 million in 2008.

You can pretend the Right Wing base isn't anti-legal immigrant, as well as being anti-illegal immigrant. But they are.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Getting even more illegals on the dole will help with the deficit

I’m hearing they pay in way more than they take out. Did you know California is the worlds 5th largest economy? All done by liberals with a progressive agenda. How do you like them apples?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    Swaye said:

Pretty close to actual. 15% for military is a no-brainer if/when all the other fuck NATO and UN motherfuckers start paying their own freight.

Just shave 10% across the board. Period. EPA, DEA, FDA, every cabinet department, on and on. SSA could trim that much with all the old fucks that should take forced retirement.

If you can't trim 10% in a bloated organization by just concentrating on getting rid of deadweight and inefficiencies, you shouldn't be in a managerial position. I hold that to be true in pretty much every organization I've ever gone in to clean up. Usually when all is said and done The Throbber/Hatchet realizes bigger cuts than that.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

You can pretend the Right Wing base isn't anti-legal immigrant, as well as being anti-illegal immigrant. But they are.
    We can pretend you're not a lying racist fuck but you are. Your claim was that our ability to pay for these entitlements is being hurt by among other things, the lack of new immigrants. We don't lack new immigrants O'Keefed.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

We can pretend you're not a lying racist fuck but you are. Your claim was that our ability to pay for these entitlements is being hurt by among other things, the lack of new immigrants. We don't lack new immigrants O'Keefed.
    Scandinavian immigrants don't want to change your diapers, blob. #ThinkShitHole
  • Options

Swaye said:

Pretty close to actual. 15% for military is a no-brainer if/when all the other fuck NATO and UN motherfuckers start paying their own freight.

Just shave 10% across the board. Period. EPA, DEA, FDA, every cabinet department, on and on. SSA could trim that much with all the old fucks that should take forced retirement.

If you can't trim 10% in a bloated organization by just concentrating on getting rid of deadweight and inefficiencies, you shouldn't be in a managerial position. I hold that to be true in pretty much every organization I've ever gone in to clean up. Usually when all is said and done The Throbber/Hatchet realizes bigger cuts than that.

I would recommend making larger assumptions about bloat so you can hypothetically cut even more!
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

The only pretending in this scenario is you

The left has spent years trying to blur the line even going so far as to proclaim illegal as hate speech

Pelosi is now calling these children of god our "newcomers"