Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:

Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. If you dare criticize Jimmy Lake, you won't last long.

I have failed as a parent

My son asked for this and received it as his birthday present. FML.

SwayeGrundleStiltzkinUW_Doog_BotMad_SonRedRocketGilbystaintRoadDawg55joeEDangerouslyDooglesbackthepackHuskyJWMikeDamoneDerekJohnsonExtraChrisBDawgWagonDanhuskyhooligancreepycougNEsnake12TequillatheknowledgeFenderbender123

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Posts: 12,910
    Swaye's Wigwam 10000 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    MisterEm said:

At least it wasn't a Sounders scarf.

The peer pressure amongst Seattle yoots to like the Sounders is skrong. I'm fighting the good fight to keep all Sounder gear from my home. Hawks gear is ubiquitous in 5 year old culture and I failed.
    PurpleBazeMad_SonbackthepackMisterEm
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Posts: 663
    Standard Supporter 250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes

MisterEm said:

The peer pressure amongst Seattle yoots to like the Sounders is skrong. I'm fighting the good fight to keep all Sounder gear from my home. Hawks gear is ubiquitous in 5 year old culture and I failed.
    Are you saying the Seahawk’s culture is five years old or your son is? If the former, then I agree about the uptick in bandwagonners but not about the culture. Some of us have been long suffering fans for decades.

That said, that color is a crime against humanity and the jersey should be burned on sight.
    YellowSnowUW_Doog_Botbackthepackdirtysouwfdawg
    USMChawk said:

MisterEm said:

Are you saying the Seahawk’s culture is five years old or your son is? If the former, then I agree about the uptick in bandwagonners but not about the culture. Some of us have been long suffering fans for decades.

That said, that color is a crime against humanity and the jersey should be burned on sight.
    I respeck the TUFF, blue collar, Seahawk culture of the 1980s and the Kingdome. I don't respeck the Seahawk culture of the 12's era.
    theknowledgeUSMChawkEmoterman
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Posts: 14,014
    10000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes

At least he didn't ask for a Mariners Cuog jersey

Cougzz
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Posts: 2,636
    2500 Comments 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Should have given him a Dickson jersey
    Emoterman
  • GilbystaintGilbystaint Posts: 928
    Butler Cabin Supporter 250 Answers 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Miss Bardahl with Schumacher at the helm was one of my favorites.
    DawgWagonDanLebamDawg
  • DooglesDoogles Posts: 8,220
    Swaye's Wigwam 5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary
    Damn, 12 is the worst Jersey to buy. Especially for a growing kid, just get him a Russell Wilson and by the time he grows out of it a new franchise player will come along.

backthepackUW_Doog_BotRoadDawg55FremontTroll
  • RubberfistRubberfist Posts: 679
    250 Answers 500 Up Votes 500 Awesomes 500 Comments
    If he asked for his name on the back you may need to click below.

https://fostercare.com/

backthepackGrundleStiltzkinDooglesBleachedAnusDawgDMP11FremontTroll
  • HuskyJWHuskyJW Posts: 8,172
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 250 Answers 500 Awesomes
    Is your 8 year old son worried about next year's UW team because "Jake Browning is gone....and he was a really good thrower and they won a lot."

I almost changed his name to Kim.

backthepackdirtysouwfdawgMikeDamone
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Posts: 14,014
    10000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes
    "No" is still an acceptable word for parents to use.

Or as in the Throbber household "HELL NO!"

Doogles said:

Damn, 12 is the worst Jersey to buy. Especially for a growing kid, just get him a Russell Wilson and by the time he grows out of it a new franchise player will come along.

It is the worst. But lil' piss wanted the fugly lim green one and that doesn't come in #3 in his size.

Problem is all these lil' rug rats love the Hawks because they all have a bunch of poser, front runner Seattle parents. I need to find a daycare where the REAL Dwag fans are located.
    backthepack