Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Men that wear ripped jeans

Comments

• Options
    MariotaTheGawdMariotaTheGawd Member Posts: 1,441
    5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes Name Dropper

Inscrutable. What’s the difference?

Lemme guess: “Fag” is like icky out fairy boys. “Gay” is like what goes on during your boys’ trip to Vegas for “the NCAA tournament,” (and stays there, of course).

You either don't know many gay men, or the ones you do know are weird and out of touch.
    i'm sure you know lots of them heh heh
    I knew I could tease out MTG's classic Homophobia, and there it is folks.
    project project project
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Lemme guess: “Fag” is like icky out fairy boys. “Gay” is like what goes on during your boys’ trip to Vegas for “the NCAA tournament,” (and stays there, of course).

You either don't know many gay men, or the ones you do know are weird and out of touch.
    project project project
    ...says the guy with the Gayest Avatar and Moniker ever.

Pro Tip: Google "projection" before you misuse it, son.
  • Options

project project project

sledog is a better poster than you, which is saying something
  • Options
    So with HHusky forever branded for his racism, and MTG forever branded for his Homophobia, who's the next idiot to fall from grace on these boards?

Place your bets.
  • Options

project project project

sledog is a better poster than you, which is saying something
    You're done, Homophobe. Cooked.
  • Options

So with HHusky forever branded for his racism, and MTG forever branded for his Homophobia, who's the next idiot to fall from grace on these boards?

Place your bets.

you don't have to try so hard all the time. sometimes less is more.
  • Options
    TripleRainbowDawgTripleRainbowDawg Member Posts: 76
    First Anniversary Photogenic 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

I know more than a few, including friends and family. I still don't understand this distinction you make, and what it has to do with people here dropping "fag" and "cocksucker" continuously. Enlighten me, please.
  • Options

Place your bets.

you don't have to try so hard all the time. sometimes less is more.

• Options
    edited March 2019

I know more than a few, including friends and family. I still don't understand this distinction you make, and what it has to do with people here dropping "fag" and "cocksucker" continuously. Enlighten me, please.
    You don't understand because you've been brainwashed by PC culture.

And/Or you run with a dull, outside-the-know crowd.

Lurk awhile longer and you might figure it out.
  • Options

I think I've got it now:

"Peter Robinson, a professor of Sociology at Swinburne University, told me that 'the usage of these slurs goes to what sociologists call "in-group behaviour," where some will use derogatory terms as terms of endearment for each other.'

So is there a feeling that the word 'fag' could be used by a group of gay men to show a sense of belonging with each other — finding common ground by saying a word only we can say without a large amount of backlash."

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/08/25/is-it-ever-ok-to-say-fag/

Sound about right?
  • Options

I think I've got it now:

"Peter Robinson, a professor of Sociology at Swinburne University, told me that 'the usage of these slurs goes to what sociologists call "in-group behaviour," where some will use derogatory terms as terms of endearment for each other.'

So is there a feeling that the word 'fag' could be used by a group of gay men to show a sense of belonging with each other — finding common ground by saying a word only we can say without a large amount of backlash."

Sound about right?
    STOP. JUST STOP. I tried to help, but I can't watch anymore.

• Options

I think I've got it now:

Sound about right?
    No. Sounds like what an academic would conclude from substituting reading materials for real life experience.
  • Options

I think I've got it now:

Sound about right?

Turd, my working theory is not active vitriolic hatred, but that you and others wish for this board to be a nostalgic "safe space" for people like you to continue using the same brand of (ostensibly harmless) homophobic humor that you used in the halcyon high school and/or frat days. Since then, you have felt increasingly oppressed by "PC culture" seeking to prevent you from using homophobic slurs in polite society. Confirm, and I'll drop this.
  • Options

I think I've got it now:

Sound about right?

Turd, my working theory is not active vitriolic hatred, but that you and others wish for this board to be a nostalgic "safe space" for people like you to continue using the same brand of (ostensibly harmless) homophobic humor that you used in the halcyon high school and/or frat days. Since then, you have felt increasingly oppressed by "PC culture" seeking to prevent you from using homophobic slurs in polite society. Confirm, and I'll drop this.
    I'm afraid you're beyond help. Thick as a fucking brick. I tried.
  • Options
    You didn't really. I have been. Give me your take. Tell me in 1-2 sentences what explains the frequency of homophobic slurs on this board. TIA.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,809
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2019

I think I've got it now:

Sound about right?

Were you born gay or sucked into it?

Also this Alt account. Are you the gay one or Mariota?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,381
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think I've got it now:

Sound about right?

Great take faggot
  • Options

I think I've got it now:

Sound about right?

Great take faggot
    Am I wrong?
  • Options

I think I've got it now:

Sound about right?

Great take faggot
    Am I wrong?
    Yes. Matches and Lighter Fluid. Get on with it.
  • Options

You didn't really. I have been. Give me your take. Tell me in 1-2 sentences what explains the frequency of homophobic slurs on this board. TIA.

Why so secretive?