Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

PM to my Rowing Machine Aficionados

2»

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

6ks fucking suck in general. At least with a 2k you know it’s over in 6-7 minutes so you just deal with it.

That guy is a freak, I wonder if he can play Buck?

I was always better at 2K than 6K. Much easier mentally to suffer for 6 mins than 19 or 20.

This is what I tell the ladies to get them to sleep with me. At least it will be over quickly.
    @Swaye 500 meter piece is mor your speed. Takes about 1:24
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

My 6k split senior year high school was 1:57 and I was proud. That's just unfathomably fast.

So 1:57 for 6k is pretty respectable for novices in HS or old dudes. On most elite college teams everyone will be under 20 mins so 1:40 splits. If you go in the low 19s then you’re in Olympian territory. But what this guy did was just off the charts.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

My 6k split senior year high school was 1:57 and I was proud. That's just unfathomably fast.

So 1:57 for 6k is pretty respectable for novices in HS or old dudes. On most elite college teams everyone will be under 20 mins so 1:40 splits. If you go in the low 19s then you’re in Olympian territory. But what this guy did was just off the charts.
    I did rowboat in fall of 2005 to get in shape for spring rugby. I was clearly a novice.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    He didn’t even look that tired at the end. I used to roll off the erg on to the floor and die on the spot ever time.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

He didn’t even look that tired at the end. I used to roll off the erg on to the floor and die on the spot ever time.

Yeah he makes it look easy although he was in a world of pain no doubt. Dude is 6’8”. Physics are on his side.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    A couple years back I was doing roughly 1:50 / 500 meter splits for 5k meters. My best was an 18:15 5k. Felt pretty good about that, but was feeling it at the end pretty bad. This guy is a freak.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

A couple years back I was doing roughly 1:50 / 500 meter splits for 5k meters. My best was an 18:15 5k. Felt pretty good about that, but was feeling it at the end pretty bad. This guy is a freak.

What's yer age approximately @BleachedAnusDawg ? 18:15 is a very respectable old guy 5K. I can't do it a present but I'm old with 2 young kids and way out of shape.
  • Options
    Founders Club

What's yer age approximately @BleachedAnusDawg ? 18:15 is a very respectable old guy 5K. I can't do it a present but I'm old with 2 young kids and way out of shape.
    37 now. Also not tall, 5' 10".
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Should add that was on a Concept2 with the setting at the high level for resistance.