Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Boise State Admin sez Petersen Would Come to UW If Offered

Don't know if its been discussed here yet, but one of the BSU bored admins came onto the higher discussion bored and dropped that little nugget...

Comments

• BiggusDickusBiggusDickus Member Posts: 553
    Another guy claiming to have some insider info sez that the AD's short list is: Nuss, Petersen, Mora.

He also sez that Wilcox and Tosh are gone, Heyward is probably gone, and Sirmon wants to be DC so is wavering. Nansen is gone. No information on Tui or Kiesau.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,652
    Heyward is the only one I'd really like to keep. Wouldn't be heartbroken if Sirmon stays, though not as DC.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,499
    I actually would be ok with Sirmon stepping up to be DC as our linebacking play has seemed to have gotten a lot better since he got here (Sure he got Shaw but Timu has become a much better player).

Honestly Sirmon and Heywerd were the 2 most valuable of the staff so if we could retain them and they take Sark and Tosh that would be perfect.
  • HuskyHalfBrainHuskyHalfBrain Member Posts: 1,300
    Need to keep Heyward.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    edited December 2013
    I regret to admit, I think Petersen would be a very appealing hire for Woodward and UW Admin. Not a big fan of Petersen. Not the best UW could do, but better than Sark.
    I like what Petersen does at Boise State but like many others am leery of what his Bronco colleagues have done when they move to the upper division (Hawkins, Koetter, et al)
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133

I regret to admit, I think Petersen would be a very appealing hire for Woodward and UW Admin. Not a big fan of Petersen. Not the best UW could do, but better than Sark.

Petersen is the best any school could do. He'd parlay uw and its 18 returning starters into the rose bowl next year. HE'D win more games with Sark's players than Sark would next year. Would be a magical hire For sooooo many reasons. Please lord make it happen. In case you ignant buttsniffers dont remember, he has no problem beating Oregon.
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

I like what Petersen does at Boise State but like many others am leery of what his Bronco colleagues have done when they move to the upper division (Hawkins, Koetter, et al)

I think it's fucking stupid to not like Peterson because of Hawkins and Koetter.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 105,107 Founders Club
    He does have a problem beating Ty and Sark
    leery =/= do not like

It's not fucking stupid to note the poor track records of former BSU coaches at AQ schools. I would be happy with Petersen, but less so than with Mora
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Cowherd said Peterson will listen

I think it's fucking stupid to not like Peterson because of Hawkins and Koetter.
    I don't know man, there seems to be some strong evidence that Boise is set up for success even without fantastic coaching. Hawkins and Koetter prove you can win big at Boise without being a great coach. If there are other reasons to think Peterson is significantly better than Hawkins and Koetter I'm open to hearing them, and I do think we should consider him, but as of right now I'd be very not thrilled if he's the hire.

Like I said in another thread, he's not necessarily a disaster but he'd be a big risk IMO.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    Peterson is a name I won't like but I'll be able to at least say, "we knew sark wasn't the guy. We don't know if Peterson isn't the guy"
    dhdawg said:

Peterson is a name I won't like but I'll be able to at least say, "we knew sark wasn't the guy. We don't know if Peterson isn't the guy"

agreed

• topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

Change your mind after throwing in Houston "Busta" Nutt?
    lol
    topdawgnc said:

Change your mind after throwing in Houston "Busta" Nutt?
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

Don't know if its been discussed here yet, but one of the BSU bored admins came onto the higher discussion bored and dropped that little nugget...

I would believe this to be total bullshit. There has arisen over here in Boise the past two years some anti-Peterson commentary, mostly amongst the print and radio media trying stir up some controversy. However, what I hear from friends and neighbors who are die-hard Bronco fans and who know football, it's understood that Peterson is in a rebuilding year after recruiting which appears to be on the rise again had dropped off a bit. But, we can never know what a few losses can do to fanatics in something like Broncomania that had been high in the saddle for so long. They do not like to lose here and if deep-pocket boosters and the AD back off even a little on maintaining coaching salaries, anything is possible. Peterson has lost a number of coordinator level assistants like Justin Wilcox to bigger schools over the past 3 or 4 years ands a new outsider AD was installed last year before the 2012 season. Still, Peterson and his young family have strong ties to the community and I think it likely he doesn't wish to move anytime soon.

• Dawgs4everDawgs4ever Member Posts: 170
    38-3. Wouldn't excite me.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    Tailgater said:

I would believe this to be total bullshit. There has arisen over here in Boise the past two years some anti-Peterson commentary, mostly amongst the print and radio media trying stir up some controversy. However, what I hear from friends and neighbors who are die-hard Bronco fans and who know football, it's understood that Peterson is in a rebuilding year after recruiting which appears to be on the rise again had dropped off a bit. But, we can never know what a few losses can do to fanatics in something like Broncomania that had been high in the saddle for so long. They do not like to lose here and if deep-pocket boosters and the AD back off even a little on maintaining coaching salaries, anything is possible. Peterson has lost a number of coordinator level assistants like Justin Wilcox to bigger schools over the past 3 or 4 years ands a new outsider AD was installed last year before the 2012 season. Still, Peterson and his young family have strong ties to the community and I think it likely he doesn't wish to move anytime soon.

BSU has deep pocket boosters?
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389

He does have a problem beating Ty and Sark

But not Oregon. Go figure.

I actually think the ducks may have struggled again against Peterson had BSU played Oregon this year, especially if they had played here on the blue. It's strange, but Peterson seemed to match-up with and figure the ducks out like Ty and Sark never could.