Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Who Do You Want As The Next Coach?

2»

Comments

• dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    I wanted Mora, but I was pretty much on board with Petersen once we couldn't get mora. wavered some in 2014 and 2015 no question, but I was willing to wait it out.

I think after PatHadenFS hired sark we were all so happy that it didn't even matter who pool boy got, we were happy to a degree.
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    In everyone's defense...

1 After past hirings we were all desperate for something close to reasonable and at the time Mora looked reasonable
    2 The track record of Boise coaches outside Boise wasn't stellar.

But I too am glad I wasn't in the thread.
  • AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    mobey said:

This was the argument I never understood.

The fact Dirk Koetter was mediocre at ASU had nothing to do with Petersen. The fact Hawkins was a disaster at CU suggested Petersen was one of the reasons Hawkins had been so successful at BSU.

• mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    AIRWOLF said:

mobey said:

This was the argument I never understood.

The fact Dirk Koetter was mediocre at ASU had nothing to do with Petersen. The fact Hawkins was a disaster at CU suggested Petersen was one of the reasons Hawkins had been so successful at BSU.

And that was the other side of the argument.

However remember when Koetter was underwhelming it was because Hawkins was the brains.

Then when Hawkins was a disaster it was because Petersen was the brains.

The fear was that Boise St was the Gonzaga of football and that the success wouldn't translate.

Thank Gawd it appears those were unfounded.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    dhdawg said:

I wanted Mora, but I was pretty much on board with Petersen once we couldn't get mora. wavered some in 2014 and 2015 no question, but I was willing to wait it out.

I think after PatHadenFS hired sark we were all so happy that it didn't even matter who pool boy got, we were happy to a degree.

This describes exactly how I felt too.