Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Little yella piss has started asking about The Swayes

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
@Swaye got any sage parenting advice? Snowed in watching Peter Pan with the kids but Walt Disney was so rayciss!!

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited February 2019
    The Seinfeld episode where Jerry buys the Cigar store injun was hilarious. Winona, the hot offended object of Jerry's desires was, uh, hot. I'll leave it to @PurpleThrobber to opine and share a jpeg.

I like @PurpleThrobber better when we're talking about hot nasty rather than bobsled interpretations of the constitution. Way more funner.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,815
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The Seinfeld episode where Jerry buys the Cigar store injun was hilarious. Winona, the hot offended object of Jerry's desires was, uh, hot. I'll leave it to @PurpleThrobber to opine and share a jpeg.

I like @PurpleThrobber better when we're talking about hot nasty rather than bobsled interpretations of the constitution. Way more funner.

Wood

Not sure why this hottie showed up searching for Winona - but wood her too.

• Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,497
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How the fuck is that racist? Did they not have red skin and wear headdresses whilst dancing around a fucking teepee?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m a big aficionado of animation, and the racist portrayals of different groups gets brought up a lot. When Warner Brothers released their Looney Tunes Golden Collection, they added this introduction by Whoopi Goldberg to address the issue:

https://youtu.be/HCT1clqci3I

TL;DW - these cartoons were a product of their time...not saying the jokes were OK, don’t twist, but censoring these would be to pretend that stuff never happened, which is not OK.

While I’m not a parent myself, I do have lots of young children that inhabit my sphere of influence, and when I see this type of stuff I think (YMMV depending on the age, etc. of the kid) it’s a good opportunity to use it as an educational moment and have a frank discussion about why people find this offensive, etc.

What year was that released. Seems too reasonable for 2018
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,207
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m a big aficionado of animation, and the racist portrayals of different groups gets brought up a lot. When Warner Brothers released their Looney Tunes Golden Collection, they added this introduction by Whoopi Goldberg to address the issue:

TL;DW - these cartoons were a product of their time...not saying the jokes were OK, don’t twist, but censoring these would be to pretend that stuff never happened, which is not OK.

While I’m not a parent myself, I do have lots of young children that inhabit my sphere of influence, and when I see this type of stuff I think (YMMV depending on the age, etc. of the kid) it’s a good opportunity to use it as an educational moment and have a frank discussion about why people find this offensive, etc.

Seems out of touch, transphobic, and heteronormative.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

2005. And Whoopi recently came down on the aforementioned Disney for trying to hide its history:

https://www.cartoonbrew.com/disney/first-act-disney-legend-whoopi-goldberg-tells-disney-stop-hiding-history-152327.html

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    BearsWiin said:

July 2005: BW starts preparing his children early for the coming race wars

My elementary school library had that book.

I checked it out.

I've eaten at Sambo's more than once, too. As I recall, their breakfast was delicious and their place mats told the story about how little Sambo got chased around a tree by tigers until the tigers chasing him turned to butter - maybe the delicious whipped butter getting spread on your pancakes. Well, it was ghee in the actual Sambo story - but nobody knows wtf ghee is so the place mats said it was butter.

I loved Looney Toons, too.

I had no idea I was such a racist.

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

BearsWiin said:

July 2005: BW starts preparing his children early for the coming race wars

My elementary school library had that book.

I checked it out.

I've eaten at Sambo's more than once, too. As I recall, their breakfast was delicious and their place mats told the story about how little Sambo got chased around a tree by tigers until the tigers chasing him turned to butter - maybe the delicious whipped butter getting spread on your pancakes. Well, it was ghee in the actual Sambo story - but nobody knows wtf ghee is so the place mats said it was butter.

I loved Looney Toons, too.

I had no idea I was such a racist.

We’re all a little bit racist:

https://youtu.be/tbud8rLejLM
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2019
    Peter Pan was one of my favorites and I did not remember any of those scenes. Maybe, just maybe, I subconsciously chin @Swaye so much to make amendments

But while we are at it, when is Capt Hook going to come under fire for that damn hand?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,261
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Why is Snow White always white?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    LebamDawg said:

Peter Pan was one of my favorites and I did not remember any of those scenes. Maybe, just maybe, I subconsciously chin @Swaye so much to make amendments

But while we are at it, when is Capt Hook going to come under fire for that damn hand?

Axe @WilburHooksHands