Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NBA ratings

greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
When the AAF semi-pro league gets better ratings than Rockets/Thunder in prime-time, you might have an image problem.

Comments

• Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I miss the heyday of the NBA...when Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc. used to play. I loved pro basketball back then.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    The bad boys, Reggie Miller's Pacers vs Patrick's Knicks, Penny and Oneal, Stockton and Malone, Robinson and Duncan, Kemp and Payton. Watching them, collecting basketball cards and buying the latest issues of Beckett magazine, were the best. Then, basketball cards went the way of comic books and Beanie Babies. At about the same time the NBA abandoned the pick and roll and the mid range jump shot.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    It’s because everyone knows who’s going to win the championship lol
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2019

I miss the heyday of the NBA...when Jordan, Bird, Magic, etc. used to play. I loved pro basketball back then.

The bad boys, Reggie Miller's Pacers vs Patrick's Knicks, Penny and Oneal, Stockton and Malone, Robinson and Duncan, Kemp and Payton. Watching them, collecting basketball cards and buying the latest issues of Beckett magazine, were the best. Then, basketball cards went the way of comic books and Beanie Babies. At about the same time the NBA abandoned the pick and roll and the mid range jump shot.

Heh. True. I did compose that post while sitting in a rocking chair on my front porch right before I told the young’ins to

Now if you’ll excuse me, I have a Matlock marathon to watch.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't get to call people old very often

As my mom was slipping into dementia she became a huge fan of Walker Texas Ranger

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272

As my mom was slipping into dementia she became a huge fan of Walker Texas Ranger

Are you sure you aren’t confusing Walker Texas Ranger with Gunsmoke?
  • FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The NBA has a regular season issue. Nobody cares to play during the regular season b/c bron, the spurs, and now GS have shown for years it doesn't matter. Even getting in with a 2/3/4 seed isn't worth the pounding on your body to squeak out an extra few wins.

One of the other issues is that the NBA is like a 10 month season. By the time it ends in almost July, nobody wants to even look at it until spring of the following year, about the time when playoffs start.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Are you sure you aren’t confusing Walker Texas Ranger with Buffalo Bill's Wild West?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

u saw bird and magic play?
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Many episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger were shot at my Great Uncles ranch in Texas. He raised quarter horses. I never got to meet Chuck Norris but my Great Uncle did make me clean up horseshit a lot while growing up. Basically my summers were either kicking cans and playing with dirt piles with Grandma at the res, or shoveling horseshit at the horse ranch. This is probably why I turned to a life of drugs, women of ill repute and mayhem later in life.

Cool story, I know.
    Breed any big winners at the races ?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Many episodes of Walker, Texas Ranger were shot at my Great Uncles ranch in Texas. He raised quarter horses. I never got to meet Chuck Norris but my Great Uncle did make me clean up horseshit a lot while growing up. Basically my summers were either kicking cans and playing with dirt piles with Grandma at the res, or shoveling horseshit at the horse ranch. This is probably why I turned to a life of drugs, women of ill repute and mayhem later in life.

Cool story, I know.
    He had an entire house full of trophies. All rodeo stuff though. Specialized in breeding and training roping and cutting horses. I did none of that cool stuff. I shoveled shit all day instead.
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,309
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Cool story, I know.
    He had an entire house full of trophies. All rodeo stuff though. Specialized in breeding and training roping and cutting horses. I did none of that cool stuff. I shoveled shit all day instead.
    Great training for your bored moderator jerb