Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Bruce Wayne lives

Last year UW took 2 of our 3 late targets:

Tuli and Irvin and missed on Barber Shop

This year UW took 3 of our 4 late targets:

Heimuli, Turner, Nacua and missed on TootToot

This year's isn't as impressive because we went into the late period a massive favorite for Heimuli and having had a commit from Turner, but honestly we were only considered the favorite for Heimuli out of the 4 and not super involved on Nacua or Toots. Also you could add Ford to the misses I suppose which makes it 3 out 5.

If you add late commits in the early period you can add Taimani and Gordon to last year's tally as well as Kaho (lol). This year we reeled in McDuffie and Latu late in the early period.

Bottom line is this staff is far above average at locking up solid classes early and has come a long way in their ability to close key targets in December and beyond.

This is all assuming Nacua signs of course.

PTSD doesn't go away in two classes.

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

WE FUCKING CLOSED.

Bruce Wayne lives in Malloe's pants, man. He's like the reasonable guy that stops fights in bars, then takes the bitch home because they feel safe.

He should be paid more than KB
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think more needs to be said about USC's recent neutering in the recruiting game. Yes, their on-field product sucked this year, which absolutely contributed to their struggles. But it sure looks like this newer generation of LA kids are a lot more willing to leave the SoCal bubble than they have been in year's past. USC use to have about as much trouble as Texas did in just sleepwalking their way into landing local blue chip after blue chip. You always knew, regardless of who was doing the recruiting, that there was a large contingent of very talent recruits that just had no interest in leaving the greater LA area. That trend seems to be, or has already faded. USC may be losing their biggest inherent advantage that they've had for decades, and that opportunity can't be overlooked.

Until someone like Urbs takes over. Then the conference will be pillaged by the Trojan hordes with only the purple kingdom to the north to stand in their way.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I think more needs to be said about USC's recent neutering in the recruiting game. Yes, their on-field product sucked this year, which absolutely contributed to their struggles. But it sure looks like this newer generation of LA kids are a lot more willing to leave the SoCal bubble than they have been in year's past. USC use to have about as much trouble as Texas did in just sleepwalking their way into landing local blue chip after blue chip. You always knew, regardless of who was doing the recruiting, that there was a large contingent of very talent recruits that just had no interest in leaving the greater LA area. That trend seems to be, or has already faded. USC may be losing their biggest inherent advantage that they've had for decades, and that opportunity can't be overlooked.

SC will eventually make a great hire and be BACK. Their upside is the same it has always been.

The big difference is they aren’t guaranteed to have top ten classes in the meantime like they always have been.
    I'm going to be legitimately worried if they manage to get Franklin this year.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited February 2019

SC will eventually make a great hire and be BACK. Their upside is the same it has always been.

The big difference is they aren’t guaranteed to have top ten classes in the meantime like they always have been.
    Why is this? Even Ty managed to get Jack Locker and Kevario Middleton. Even the most inept coaching staffs at the worst programs are going to be able to keep some percentage of local studs home.

I mean besides WSU of course.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why is this? Even Ty managed to get Jack Locker and Kevario Middleton. Even the most inept coaching staffs at the worst programs are going to be able to keep some percentage of local studs home.

Franklin would legitimately bite into our expanded recruiting footprint(Oregon, Utah, Hawaii, etc.) and immediately put SC back on the map. He's a rilly rill recruiter and not at all a bad developer or in-game coach.

Washington State doesn't produce enough talent to get us over the hump. We have to recruit beyond that. It will be a lot harder with a resurgent USC.

Also, one bad recruiting class could easily be made up with their current numbers. Franklin could come in and be competing for the Pac12 title in 2020 with a still loaded roster.

Prayingdoog.gif that Helton hangs on for another year because of the administrative mess at USC or that they flop and hire some bad NFL retread or otherwise useless coach.

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Franklin would legitimately bite into our expanded recruiting footprint(Oregon, Utah, Hawaii, etc.) and immediately put SC back on the map. He's a rilly rill recruiter and not at all a bad developer or in-game coach.

Washington State doesn't produce enough talent to get us over the hump. We have to recruit beyond that. It will be a lot harder with a resurgent USC.

Also, one bad recruiting class could easily be made up with their current numbers. Franklin could come in and be competing for the Pac12 title in 2020 with a still loaded roster.

Prayingdoog.gif that Helton hangs on for another year because of the administrative mess at USC or that they flop and hire some bad NFL retread or otherwise useless coach.

I thought you meant Troy Franklin not James Franklin.

Disregard.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

The big difference is they aren’t guaranteed to have top ten classes in the meantime like they always have been. The floor has dropped considerably.
    This.

22nd ranked class with only 7 Blue Chip and 18 Three Stars at a school not exactly known for developing their players.

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    No Puka paperwork. We?re going to get what we deserved for gloating.