Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Post Signing Day Scholarship Chart

2»

Comments

• HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    GOAT said:

Terrell Bynum is a composite 4 star but not a 247 4 star

I had no idea. I went off of memory for pretty much everyone except for the fringe guys. I updated my spreadsheet, but don't feel like posting it again, so it will be reflected in future charts. Refer to the numbers in the original post for the blue chip ratio since it drops back down to those numbers.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,104
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Let's take a moment to remember that this staff turned a 5-11.75, 215 LB into an All American.

That chart is like a yellow to green flow chart, right to left. As we keep recruiting like this...

Last two classes we've signed 42 kids... only 14 have been non-blue chip. If you double that to get a full roster...

84 kids, 56 blue chips, 28 non.

Again, in this case the non-blue chips don't matter. As long as you get ratios like that - if Drew Fowler starts... FINE! He's earned it. He beat out Heimuli and Jack Sirmon. No big deal.

But, when you see that and you think about how special 2022 is going to be, your head could explode.

Which head?
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

As for the blue chip ratio breakdown...

Seniors: 4/17 (27%)
    Juniors: 11/17 (65%)
    Sophomores: 3/10 (30%)
    Freshmen: 27/42 (64%)

Overall: 45/86 (52.3%)

Awkward Sophomore class due to the new redshirt rules. It will be interesting to see how they try to balance out the classes the next few years.

Next year 13 three stars will graduate. Likely Chin and Soderberg sell the couch before then. So let’s say 15 three stars off the roster.

4 four stars graduate and Eason, Hunter, Levi likely go pro. So 7 four stars off the roster.

That’s essentially the reverse of this year’s class. If Pete gets a similar class (which he should with the amount of local talent) then next year the Blue Chips on the roster jump into the low 50’s.

That would be good enough for the 5th most talented roster in College behind just tOSU, Bama, Georgia, and USC (LOLOLOLOLOL).

• BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    why the fuck is Soderberg still on this team!?!?!?!?!
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Awkward Sophomore class due to the new redshirt rules. It will be interesting to see how they try to balance out the classes the next few years.

Next year 13 three stars will graduate. Likely Chin and Soderberg sell the couch before then. So let’s say 15 three stars off the roster.

4 four stars graduate and Eason, Hunter, Levi likely go pro. So 7 four stars off the roster.

That’s essentially the reverse of this year’s class. If Pete gets a similar class (which he should with the amount of local talent) then next year the Blue Chips on the roster jump into the low 50’s.

That would be good enough for the 5th most talented roster in College behind just tOSU, Bama, Georgia, and USC (LOLOLOLOLOL).

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS: WE ARE ALREADY AHEAD OF USC IN TERMS OF BLUE CHIPS, HTH!
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS: WE ARE ALREADY AHEAD OF USC IN TERMS OF BLUE CHIPS, HTH!
    Yes. We just passed them with Puka. But Helton won’t be here for ever and traditionally they have an easy 50+ every year which is ratified air for just those 4 schools. If you don’t thin yo be right back there in just a couple years you’re being an asshole.

My larger point is that UW would be joining that group.

Goddamn kids can’t think beyond 30 seconds before their ADHD kicks in.

But hopefully Lynn Swann will be!
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

why the fuck is Soderberg still on this team!?!?!?!?!

He's not. I'm pretty sure he took a medical.
    The best thing he's ever done as a Husky kicker
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Ok I'm wondering if they try to bring in any transfers with the hot Portal going on right now. We lost 3 with Yankoff, Beaver, Scrempos, then gained 2 with Bronson and Clark getting scholarships. Guess that puts is right @ 85 now. That is it right? So we don't need to waste our time with transfer dreams then. Even if we lose 1 more I imagine them giving our starting ILB a scholarship before getting a transfer. Cool beans.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

Ok I'm wondering if they try to bring in any transfers with the hot Portal going on right now. We lost 3 with Yankoff, Beaver, Scrempos, then gained 2 with Bronson and Clark getting scholarships. Guess that puts is right @ 85 now. That is it right? So we don't need to waste our time with transfer dreams then. Even if we lose 1 more I imagine them giving our starting ILB a scholarship before getting a transfer. Cool beans.

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    Bread said:

Would be interesting to see data on which programs lost players through the portal and through graduate transfer and which teams gained players through the portal or graduate transfer.

For example, ASU has 14 players in the portal, Arizona has 13, and UCLA has 16. Stanford has 0 in the portal. The most transferring in to a Pac-12 school is Colorado with 3 (and it's worth noting Colorado has a new coach).
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428

Chinteresting to see everything that changed between signing day and the end of fall camp. Can already count about 10 changes (including position changes).