Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW - Bitchfork Game Thread

12346»

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Gonna take Bitchforks in this one. ASSU got caught looking ahead to us Thursday night but they’ll be up and focused for this one. check We’re also due for an off shooting night check/officiating massacre checkin conjunction with one of our 20 turnover games 17 rounds to 20 so I'm going to count it. I think this is the night. check

Pretty much played out exactly like I expected. Nobody goes undefeated in conference play.

WSU has some confidence and the Wheat Fields are going to be super jacked for that game Saturday. How we bounce back in that game will tell us what this team is. Can't afford to looser it.
    I know you're really good at prognosticating and all that shit, and I really respect you for it. But go fuck yourself with a rusty hammer for making this happen.
  • GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

We've struggled on offense all year and playing an athletic team who defends well is going to exacerbate that problem. We play good defense and the conference sucks so it hasn't bitten us in the ass too often but the level of defensive effort we face is going to ratchet way up in the tournament. I'd be very surprised if we make it past the first round of the tournament.

I mean I won't be surprised, we're probably going to draw a 9, 10, or 11 seed. This team can still dispatch another bubble team with relative ease if we play right. Now the second round? Yeah, I'd be surprised if we survive that.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

We've struggled on offense all year and playing an athletic team who defends well is going to exacerbate that problem. We play good defense and the conference sucks so it hasn't bitten us in the ass too often but the level of defensive effort we face is going to ratchet way up in the tournament. I'd be very surprised if we make it past the first round of the tournament.

I mean I won't be surprised, we're probably going to draw a 9, 10, or 11 seed. This team can still dispatch another bubble team with relative ease if we play right. Now the second round? Yeah, I'd be surprised if we survive that.
    The last CBS bracketology had us at 7 with Michigan State as the 2. That would suck. But.... In the same bracket, the 3 was Houston. I would love a 6 seed with the 3 as Houston.

Of course a lot can change and we probably lose to OSU in the conference tourney again and get a 9 seed.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I'm hearing we won
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

The last CBS bracketology had us at 7 with Michigan State as the 2. That would suck. But.... In the same bracket, the 3 was Houston. I would love a 6 seed with the 3 as Houston.

Of course a lot can change and we probably lose to OSU in the conference tourney again and get a 9 seed.
    Michigan State is very beatable, hth.
  • BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2019

Baphomet said:

We've been exposed.

I presume this is how we will do in the tournament.

Holy shit overreaction of the year. We couldn’t hit anything and they hit everyrhing.
    We're only 40 days into a year of 365, that isn't really saying a lot.

Besides, I was drinking and pissed at how shitty we played.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I love Hopkins dude shows passion and doesn’t allow bullshit

It seems he’s nice to the players individually but rips into the team when needed. The players also know he’s working as hard as possible and wants to win more than anyone. It’s simple stuff the program was lacking.
    Exactly. He's a players coach with high standards.

It can be done.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Gonna take Bitchforks in this one. ASSU got caught looking ahead to us Thursday night but they’ll be up and focused for this one. check We’re also due for an off shooting night check/officiating massacre checkin conjunction with one of our 20 turnover games 17 rounds to 20 so I'm going to count it. I think this is the night. check

Pretty much played out exactly like I expected. Nobody goes undefeated in conference play.

WSU has some confidence and the Wheat Fields are going to be super jacked for that game Saturday. How we bounce back in that game will tell us what this team is. Can't afford to looser it.
    I know you're really good at prognosticating and all that shit, and I really respect you for it. But go fuck yourself with a rusty hammer for making this happen.