Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Husky Jacks open thread [2019]

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If Cam Williams starts for us at S this fall, that will be super duper. The thing about having great talent and great coaching is that people winning the job probably deserve it.

If you don’t have any talent and guys are playing by default, that’s bad. Yes, we are a bit thin at S, but ultimately we’ve got talented guys and talented options so if Cam wins it so be it.

@LaMichael_Corleone loved him during his recruitment and LMC knows his shit. It wouldn’t surprise me to to see CW play a lot.

Bald is beautiful.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

If Cam Williams starts for us at S this fall, that will be super duper. The thing about having great talent and great coaching is that people winning the job probably deserve it.

If you don’t have any talent and guys are playing by default, that’s bad. Yes, we are a bit thin at S, but ultimately we’ve got talented guys and talented options so if Cam wins it so be it.

@LaMichael_Corleone loved him during his recruitment and LMC knows his shit. It wouldn’t surprise me to to see CW play a lot.

Bald is beautiful.

@RoadDawg55 had Bonner for this kid before LMC. Sorry DDY, I am just a little skeptical of black guys that is into wrestling. I know I know, ISAFNRC
    If you want to be official about it, @KrunkJuice @bananasnblondes and @1to392831weretaken all gave him 5's in the Kaho rankings.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Doogles said:

Bald is beautiful.

@RoadDawg55 had Bonner for this kid before LMC. Sorry DDY, I am just a little skeptical of black guys that is into wrestling. I know I know, ISAFNRC
    If you want to be official about it, @KrunkJuice @bananasnblondes and @1to392831weretaken all gave him 5's in the Kaho rankings.
    That's for Cam Davis. @1to392831weretaken is the only 5 for Cam Williams.
    Too many Cams imo.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,308
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    guntlove said:

Doogles said:

Bald is beautiful.

That's for Cam Davis. @1to392831weretaken is the only 5 for Cam Williams.
    @alopeciadawg is a @1to392831weretaken alt?! Big if true.

I've been an alopeciadawg alt and BBK's HH account all in one month! I guess I just never boo the players is all.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,976
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bald is beautiful.

Thanks for the props. Football IQ is real and Cam is great at making plays on the ball. Some guys have superior instincts and Cam is one of them. He’s a freshman I’m not worried about playing.

We’ll trot out the best 5. We are loaded at CB and Irvin still hasn’t played. I don’t think we are that thin at safety actually.
    Here's a list of players:
    1. Keith Taylor
    2. Elijah Molden
    3. Myles Bryant
    4. Brandon McKinney
    5. Dom Hampton
    6. Kyler Gordon
    7. Cameron Williams
    8. Julius Irvin
    We'll end the list at just who's in camp right now. Okay, I come from the future and tell you that all of these guys play in the NFL some day. Who's the one that surprises you? Three more freshmen are coming in with that potential as well, including the DB with the highest composite ranking since Byron Murphy. That's nearly two full defensive backfields of exclusively NFL talent. Six of those guys would do just fine at safety. I wholeheartedly agree that the back five will be juuuuuust fine this season.
    8 DBs isn't even close to two full backfield when we start 6 DBs in our base Defense.
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,265
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Who was the asshat that was on here awhile back saying we were screwed at S?

All I know is it better not snow on the Coug next November....
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Bald is beautiful.

That's great and he's been one of the stars of Spring ball so far no doubt. But...he's definitely the best guy by default right now. Irvin has been injured all Spring. Gilchrist sucks and kept getting burned so they moved him to nickel. Bryant is the returning starter at nickel. There's literally nobody else at free safety right now. Maybe Kam Fab will start out at free safety when he joins the team over the Summer along with a healthy Julius Irvin and those two will make it a real competition? Either way, Williams' emergence is exactly what the secondary needed. Now if the defense could just sack the QB this season we'd be good.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited April 2019
    dannarc said:

I said we were fucked at safety unless a true Freshman or RS Freshman stepped up big-time for us. Well, one of them has. Good for us.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dannarc said:

I said we were fucked at safety unless a true Freshman or RS Freshman stepped up big-time for us. Well, one of them has. Good for us.

Coaching doesn't matter if the talent, depth, and/or experience you have at that position sucks. Budda and Sidney got torched as true Freshman. Did Lake not know what he was doing then and yet we still sucked. It's a similar situation at safety right now. I have a strong feeling Gilchrist sucks ass. We are fucked at free safety if it's either Gilchrist or a Freshman starting for us. Obviously Lake fucked up somewhere recruiting that position because we don't have a RS Junior, sure fire, future NFL stud to replace Rapp that nobody is worried about.

Bottom of this page, buried poast (obviously).

YAWFMS

Crisped.