Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Expectations Tomorrow

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
Honestly, how would you feel if Heimuli was our signee tomorrow...and that is all?

I think I would only feel “real disappointment” if we didn’t get Heimuli. Not getting him (or HT and Nacua) would suck.

But if we get Heimuli and nobody else I’d probably be pretty stoked with this overall class.

Getting Heimuli and either of the other two would be fucking celebratory.

Addition: If Adams can recruit and develop WRs half as well as people say, our future at that position is bright.

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At the end of the day I'd to see the best team since

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    At this point I feel we should expect more. I love some of the new guys but to mitigate some of the misses I think closing all three is a must.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    What’s the Big gun or big uns guy say?
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

We already have ALL OF THEM committed so I expect to sign them all. I would be disappointed if any of them had a last second change of heart and didn't sign with UW.

I think you're right. Henry is the biggest question imo.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    I think we get all but Henry. Feel like we'd see more smoke right now if he was leaning our way.

Henry is the bigger get, but Puka might be the bigger impact for our team.

Disagree

• whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,428
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

At the end of the day I'd to see the best team since

Race was there
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

chuck said:

Turner and Hammer would have me content with the close and pleased with the class overall.

Those two plus Nacua and I'm thrilled with the close and the class.

The first two plus Tootoo, no Nacua, and I'd be equally thrilled.

The first two plus both wildcards and id too stoked to actually admit how stoked I am.

Pretty much how I feel, but would prefer To’oto’o over Nacua if I had to choose: I’ll take a stellar LB over a stellar WR 90% of the time.
    Assuming Heimuli is in (and I like to do that), To'oto'o would make a seventh linebacker in a single class--five inside. Following a year of four linebackers (counting Ulofoshio, and I also like to do that). And we're not just talking linebackers, we're talking potential-to-dominate linebackers across the board. On the other hand, it would be easy to argue that Nucua would come into the program with a combination of speed, size, and ball skills that nobody on the roster has. Either addition creates a roster balance at the position, at least temporarily, but the four receivers leaving the program in the next year makes the overstaffing at that position a much more temporary situation.

To'oto'o is a don't-pass-under-any-circumstances player, but I'd have a hard time arguing he'll have a bigger impact than Nacua, current roster considered.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Passion said:

chuck said:

Turner and Hammer would have me content with the close and pleased with the class overall.

The first two plus both wildcards and id too stoked to actually admit how stoked I am.

Pretty much how I feel, but would prefer To’oto’o over Nacua if I had to choose: I’ll take a stellar LB over a stellar WR 90% of the time.
    For class and roster balance prefer an elite WR right now. Puka is elite.
    OTOH, TootToot is elite as well and I honestly think LB is a bigger need right now thanks to all the couch sales (Eifler, Beavers, Kaho, Amandre).

I love Nacua's film but I felt heading into the year that we only needed one WR in this class. I hope we add him but I don't think WR is a major need. LB is definitely a big time need.

I'll gladly take either and kill for both but I think I'd take Henry by a nose.

Probably doogish but I also think beating Bama and UT is more significant than beating Oregon, Utah and SC fwiw.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

chuck said:

Sinceredawg said it for me. I think an impact WR is the bigger need right now. Normally I'd completely agree with you.
  • sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 766
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

chuck said:

For class and roster balance prefer an elite WR right now. Puka is elite.
    OTOH, TootToot is elite as well and I honestly think LB is a bigger need right now thanks to all the couch sales (Eifler, Beavers, Kaho, Amandre).

I love Nacua's film but I felt heading into the year that we only needed one WR in this class. I hope we add him but I don't think WR is a major need. LB is definitely a big time need.

I'll gladly take either and kill for both but I think I'd take Henry by a nose.

Probably doogish but I also think beating Bama and UT is more significant than beating Oregon, Utah and SC fwiw.
    I hear that but I could never hate another organization so completely in all respects like I hate Oregon. It's understandable to lose to Alabama. It's not okay to lose to the Nike corruption flagship.
    Elite skill players are faaaaaaar more available than elite LB’s. As nice as Nuca is his position is way easier to recruit in relative terms.

Toot toot all day long.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,348
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's recruiting, who cares? It's not real life, like playing a walk-on against JJ Arcega Whiteside