Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

We just might be entering the glory days of relevant UW athletics

HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
edited January 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
I'm pretty sure UW has never had a sustained run with football and basketball simultaneously at the top of the conference. Pete has won the conference 2 years out of 3 and is leveling up in recruiting while Hop is going to win the conference in his second year and bring in a top 10 recruiting class - with the local talent coming up the next few classes it's not unrealistic to imagine both could run the Pac for the next five to ten years and make some real noise nationally.

LIFPO for damn sure, but I was too young to doog out the last time there was any sort of chance of this (1984-85), and even then I don't think anyone thought Harshmann had much left.

Amazing how far we've come so fast. @Cohen12 might be the GOAT.

Comments

• BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I think we just left it. I've been told 2007-2015 rowboat was a once in a lifetime Dynasty. @YellowSnow true?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

PGOS can eat a fucking dick.

Youre a fucking doog
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,676
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    YKWYWF

wsu-D-word.jpg
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,683
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

1984 was our greatest year in the history of Husky Athletics. We got the triple crown of NCAA bid for Men's Hoop, Won the Football NT on the field (hi @oregonblitzkrieg ) and won the Row Boat Natty. People forget that we sucked at row boat in the early 90's.

Was 1984 the year that we? be a young Mike Cheveski in the tourney? Then lost to Dayton?
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2019
    I was wondering what ya'll think of people who reference Upshaw's year as a reason that we might fall off?

I think ROBERT UPSHAW WAS THAT FUCKING GOOD.

You lose him and have to play Austin Sefarian Jenkins at center? And you're wondering why we fell off the planet?

I don't look at that season as a reason for caution... I look at it as a legit excuse for a what can happen when you lose a major player who is the only reason the team was good to begin with.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Ok so those referencing 2011-2012... and I don't get why this is never mentioned.

ROBERT UPSHAW WAS THAT FUCKING GOOD.

You lose him and have to play Austin Sefarian Jenkins at center? And you're wondering why we fell off the planet?

I don't look at '11-'12 as a reason for caution... I look at it as a legit excuse for a what can happen when you lose a major player who is the only reason the team was good to begin with.

I thought they were talking about the Ross-Wroten conference champ team that didn’t make the tourney.
  • BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Ok so those referencing 2011-2012... and I don't get why this is never mentioned.

ROBERT UPSHAW WAS THAT FUCKING GOOD.

I don't look at '11-'12 as a reason for caution... I look at it as a legit excuse for a what can happen when you lose a major player who is the only reason the team was good to begin with.

I thought they were talking about the Ross-Wroten conference champ team that didn’t make the tourney.
    Yeah. I made an edit... but regardless... framed it in a different lite :expressionless: