Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official 8pm kickoffs are bullshit game thread

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    they sure is fuck play with great effort on defensive end...praise allah
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Huge game for Noah, fuck yeah
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2019
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I wish Thybulle was a plus 3 pt shooter. He could have a place in the league if he did.

The fuck? He's going to play in the league for over a decade. He'll be a 40% three point shooter in the NBA rather easily, his stroke is fundamentally fine, once he's paid to do nothing but play basketball it will click within a couple of years. With his length and athleticism and just unreal defensive instincts he's going to play for a long damn time. He's basically the perfect three and D player. Doesn't need to touch the ball much to stay involved in the game, will hit the corner three when asked to.

He has enough offensive tools he might be more than that eventually.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I wish Thybulle was a plus 3 pt shooter. He could have a place in the league if he did.

The fuck? He's going to play in the league for over a decade. He'll be a 40% three point shooter in the NBA rather easily, his stroke is fundamentally fine, once he's paid to do nothing but play basketball it will click within a couple of years. With his length and athleticism and just unreal defensive instincts he's going to play for a long damn time. He's basically the perfect three and D player. Doesn't need to touch the ball much to stay involved in the game, will hit the corner three when asked to.

I think you're minimizing how far he's away offensively.
  • Options

I think you're overrating some bad variance this year from three. His shot is not broken it's just not going down. His form is as good as it's ever been, it's just rimmed off a lot this season. He's a killer from the line which is always the sign of a good shooter. I'll bet you anything he has a long NBA career.

He's not fundamentally any worse offensively than Justin Holiday was. In fact he has better career shooting percentages from 2pt, 3pt and the free throw line (and better senior numbers from everywhere but three). And Thybulle's significantly better defensively. Holiday's had a solid career. Thybulle will do the same he just won't take a couple years after he graduates to get his shot. He's in a rotation next season.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I think you're overrating some bad variance this year from three. His shot is not broken it's just not going down. His form is as good as it's ever been, it's just rimmed off a lot this season. He's a killer from the line which is always the sign of a good shooter. I'll bet you anything he has a long NBA career.

He's not fundamentally any worse offensively than Justin Holiday was. In fact he has better career shooting percentages from 2pt, 3pt and the free throw line (and better senior numbers from everywhere but three). And Thybulle's significantly better defensively. Holiday's had a solid career. Thybulle will do the same he just won't take a couple years after he graduates to get his shot. He's in a rotation next season.
    He’s not getting enough rotation.
  • Options

That will get fixed rather easily once he doesn't have to play school.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

That will get fixed rather easily once he doesn't have to play school.
    Exactly. I agree with you.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Jesus Christ, Justin Holiday is a "good" NBA player. The Painter will become a decent shooter in the NBA and will probably be the type of guy that winning teams put on the floor late in games to preserve leads and close out games. He is an unreal defensive guard.
  • Options

Jesus Christ, Justin Holiday is a "good" NBA player. The Painter will become a decent shooter in the NBA and will probably be the type of guy that winning teams put on the floor late in games to preserve leads and close out games. He is an unreal defensive guard.
    yep
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Motown said:

Porter has been trying to prove it all game. A couple of pretty passes from quick penetration. But lots of forced shots. Not impressed

He's a true freshman that has been suspended for a chunk of the season playing in his home town. He is a man child.
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Andre Roberson is a good NBA player who is getting 10 million a year. A great defender who shoots 25% from 3. There's a spot for Thybulle in the NBA.