Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gwyneth Paltrow is not a GOOD skier

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
#mydeervalley is pure carnage these days. I got crushed pretty bad in a ski crash there and had to be on the morphine for a while. Fortunately, I was too slow strategy to get hooked.

https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/gwyneth-paltrow-sued-after-alleged-utah-ski-accident/

Comments

• Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,278
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    He said/she said...good luck with that. I don't think there are cameras on the slopes, but maybe I'm wrong.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

In the old days, if a chick knocked you down on the slopes, it was fair game to fuck her right between the moguls.
    True story.

With or without Skoal knob shiner?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,810
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

In the old days, if a chick knocked you down on the slopes, it was fair game to fuck her right between the moguls.
    True story.

With or without Skoal knob shiner?
    ABUNDANCE!!!!

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

He said/she said...good luck with that. I don't think there are cameras on the slopes, but maybe I'm wrong.

If there are witnesses and she was the uphill skier she could be in trouble. There's actually case law that skiers that run into other skiers and cause injury can be liable. The "inherent risk" in skiing is so you can't sue the resort if you hit a tree or a piece of snow making equipment. Doesn't absolve reckless skiers of their liability, however, when they crash into others.
    Ski law superiority guy.

But

YRYK
    I speak from experience.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,758
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

If there are witnesses and she was the uphill skier she could be in trouble. There's actually case law that skiers that run into other skiers and cause injury can be liable. The "inherent risk" in skiing is so you can't sue the resort if you hit a tree or a piece of snow making equipment. Doesn't absolve reckless skiers of their liability, however, when they crash into others.
    Ski law superiority guy.

But

YRYK
    I speak from experience.
    #metoo

I was technically the uphill skier in a crash I had, however, the guy dropped out of the trees. Obv didn't see him until too late. He stayed and made sure I was good to go, which I was. Could definitely have been much worse.

• Options
    LaocoönLaocoön Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 529
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Neither was Michael Kennedy. Playing football on skis is a recipe for disaster. A Darwin Awards' winner??
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Yellowsnows clearly at home with the mountain and vinyl knowledge. Props!!!!

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2019
    DawgFader said:

Yellowsnows clearly at home with the mountain and vinyl knowledge. Props!!!!

So the legal case is usually based off the Skiers Code and in this case, Summit County, Utah (where I went to HS) Code. But as @pawz points out sometimes it’s not cut and dry.

At the news conference, Sanderson’s attorneys — Lawrence D. Buhler and Robert B. Sykes — pointed to the National Ski Area Association’s Skier Responsibility Code, which states that skiers must “always stay in control” and that “people ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.”
    They also noted that a Summit County ordinance prohibits “reckless skiing” and mandates that “any skier involved in a collision that results in an injury” must stop, render assistance, notify ski area employees and give their name and address “before leaving the ski area
    https://www.sltrib.com/news/2019/01/29/utah-man-is-suing/