Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Howard Schultz to run for President as Independent

124»

Comments

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

USMChawk said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

The former Starbucks head blasted Trump in a Sunday "60 Minutes" interview - saying he isn't fit to serve as president, and that both Democrats and Republicans are "consistently not doing what is necessary on behalf of the American people."

In response to the interview, Trump tweeted on Monday: "Howard Schultz doesn’t have the “guts” to run for President! Watched him on @60Minutes last night and I agree with him that he is not the “smartest person.” Besides, America already has that! I only hope that Starbucks is still paying me their rent in Trump Tower!"

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-01-29/democrats-plan-starbucks-boycott-if-egotistical-billionaire-asshole-schultz-runs
    Trump is just egging Schultz's big ego on. The funny thing is seeing the Left freaking out over the prospect...these are the same folks that would be in the streets cheering if John Kasich announced he was running as an independent.

Sad thing is Schultz (who is a POS) is still probably the Dem's last hope for preventing the party being taken over by the true nutjobs (like it hasn't already...I know)...and I'm guessing he's got about a 0.01% of succeeding in that. The Dems should be saying please run, but do it in our primary and give our voters a choice.
    Must always suck Trump's dick.

And it's obvious AOC scares you.
    Hi Mr big boss man who pays so much into the Federal Coffers that he can brag about it on a MB he spends 10 hours a day on but yet can't seem to afford to pitch in to help pay the light bill!!!!

The only thing that scares me about AOC (not really AOC...more of the Bernie-types) is that there are enough morons like you that buy into the free shit for everybody because I need taxpayers to subsidize my existence...we have enough people well enough off that we won't ever go down the Venezuela path, but you can still do a shit-ton of damage to the economy with a few of those type policies.
    Where have I ever said I buy into free shit for everyone? I never supported Bernie. I'm not a free college guy (tho we are transitioning to from a manufacturing economy to an IT economy so I'd support more investment in people getting IT related degrees). I do support food stamps and such because they are such a tiny part of our Federal spending and they help millions of kids have food and shelter.

And I think even if we implemented all the shit the Bernie's and AOCs want, we would never be Venezuela. And anyone who thinks what happened in Venezuela would happen here is a mindless sheep.
    The reason we’ll never be Venezuela is because the half people would rebel, are armed. Don’t kid yourself that it can’t/wouldn’t happen. There are interviews with Venezuelans who say, emphatically, that being disarmed prevented them from ousting the dictatorship that was installed. I’m not advocating for a civil war but I do see the possibility.
    What the fuck is your arsenal going to do against the military? That have like tanks, drones, and attack helicopters (hi J!).

Seriously, no one is going to revolt against the country over free college. And we would never change to a dictatorship.

Other than that, nice rant.
    Simpletons of all stripes don't understand the fundamental thing about armed citizenry as a counter to tyranny. It's not about Chehalis holding off a full assault from the 2nd Infantry Division rolling out from Fort Lewis in some sort of fanciful doomsday scenario. A legally armed citizenry dramatically raises the cost of tyrannical action by a government run amok. It doesn't make it impossible but certainly much harder.

Then there's the lower level tyranny of dependency but that's another thread.
    Never did I expect that we? would have a proof of concept demonstrated on Capital Hill among other places.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    @Swaye has this shit dialed in.