Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Show your support for what this community means to you:

Choose a Donation Amount
Username (required for credit)

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. If you dare criticize Jimmy Lake, you won't last long.

Comments

• haiehaie Posts: 7,127
    Standard Supporter 5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary
    Good for them for maintaining their foothold on the also ran position Oregon covets so much.
  • I am amazed how teams like the Cuogs and the Zeroes don't understand that by regularly bringing in grad QB transfers like Adams, Prukop, Minshew and Gubrud, that they are severely handicapping their ability to recruit HS QBs.
    sarktasticGrundleStiltzkinHillsboroDuckbackthepackgreenbloodBlackie
  • I am amazed how teams like the Cuogs and the Zeroes don't understand that by regularly bringing in grad QB transfers like Adams, Prukop, Minshew and Gubrud, that they are severely handicapping their ability to severely handicap HS QBs.

theknowledgeHillsboroDuckbackthepacksalemcoog
  • greenbloodgreenblood Posts: 9,148
    5000 Comments 250 Answers Fifth Anniversary 500 Awesomes
    edited January 28

I am amazed how teams like the Cuogs and the Zeroes don't understand that by regularly bringing in grad QB transfers like Adams, Prukop, Minshew and Gubrud, that they are severely handicapping their ability to recruit HS QBs.

Wtf? Oregon has a four year starter. Welcome to 2019
    ByronMurphyTheGoatphineasbackthepack
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Posts: 8,348
    Standard Supporter 5000 Comments 250 Answers Sixth Anniversary
    I only read the headline so does the article address the fact that Gubrud needs to get a medical hardship waiver from the NCAA to be eligible next year as a grad transfer?
  • I am amazed how teams like the Cuogs and the Zeroes don't understand that by regularly bringing in grad QB transfers like Adams, Prukop, Minshew and Gubrud, that they are severely handicapping their ability to recruit HS QBs.

Herbert is 10-10 in conference games as a starter. I guess if you are a Zero fan that qualifies as a success.
    Pitchfork51greenbloodDawgWagonDan
  • greenbloodgreenblood Posts: 9,148

I am amazed how teams like the Cuogs and the Zeroes don't understand that by regularly bringing in grad QB transfers like Adams, Prukop, Minshew and Gubrud, that they are severely handicapping their ability to recruit HS QBs.

Herbert is 10-10 in conference games as a starter. I guess if you are a Zero fan that qualifies as a success.
    I didn’t say he was successful. But, I am saying they haven’t gone the transfer route in 4 years.
    HillsboroDuckByronMurphyTheGoatExtraChrisB
  • sarktasticsarktastic Posts: 9,208
    so, Oregon in hindsight should have brought in Minshew. Got it.
  • This guy’s backup led Eastern to the National Championship game.
  • salemcoogsalemcoog Posts: 9,462
    edited January 30

So tell Me, do you want QBs in your room that wont compete because you’ve brought one more person in to beat out for the job?

Despite the cute story of Leach calling Minshew and saying, “Hey, Do you wanna come lead the nation in passing next year”, there was nothing close to a guarantee to start. It was a guarantee to compete for the job. Same as Goober got for this year.

That story wouldn’t have seen the light of day had Minshew not been a rockstar.

Oregon had Locke on the roster when they did their shit.

This isn’t Oregon and it’s not even close.

AlCzervik
    edited January 30

I only read the headline so does the article address the fact that Gubrud needs to get a medical hardship waiver from the NCAA to be eligible next year as a grad transfer?

He’s going for the Carson Palmer 6th year Med hardship. We had 2 serviceable QBs that could have played decent last year and they’re both still there.

No one including Leach thought Minshew would be half of what He was in ‘18. He brought him in as an experienced guy that had took a lot of D1 snaps. He caught lightning in a bottle.

Gubrud tore WSU apart in ‘16 but the Cougs shut him down in ‘18. Contrary to Doog opinions, the Cougs aren’t relying on him. Just another guy who has taken a lot snaps in his career in camp to compete.
    BlackieAlCzervik

Leach gives no fucks.

He does not. And it’s the main reason the Cougs went from 8-40 to beating the rest of the PAC 12, on the reg, the last 4 Seasons.

Except for you fuckers of course.

Leach is gonna get a better job in the next couple years. It will suck but it would be interesting to see what Leach could do with some top 20 classes instead of top 50 classes every year.
    GrundleStiltzkinMisterEm
  • dongmandongman Posts: 2,227
    250 Answers 1000 Comments 500 Awesomes 500 Up Votes
    Sometimes suicides throw wrenches qb class progressions.
    BlackieIce_Holmvik
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Posts: 8,348
    Standard Supporter 5000 Comments 250 Answers Sixth Anniversary
    salemcoog said:

He’s going for the Carson Palmer 6th year Med hardship. We had 2 serviceable QBs that could have played decent last year and they’re both still there.

No one including Leach thought Minshew would be half of what He was in ‘18. He brought him in as an experienced guy that had took a lot of D1 snaps. He caught lightning in a bottle.

Gubrud tore WSU apart in ‘16 but the Cougs shut him down in ‘18. Contrary to Doog opinions, the Cougs aren’t relying on him. Just another guy who has taken a lot snaps in his career in camp to compete.
    CSB.

I knew all that.

Give us your opinion/odds on Goobs getting the hardship waiver.