Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I can’t handle the ups and downs

A couple days ago I damn near mad a thread about how we were gonna finish with Heimuli and a bunch of 3 star backup plans and what a disappointment that was after last years abruce Wayne performance and our excellence this year in the early signing period.

Now, Heimuli still looks a lot but Turner seems more likely a dwag than not, Toottoot seems back in okay and Nacua is tripping here with his mom (and Heimuli).

We aren’t gonna get all four of them but even two of them is a better finish than it appeared even a couple days ago and three wouldn’t be completely ridiculous.

This last 12 days are gonna be hell.

I love it.

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't count Jimmy Lake out until they sign.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

A couple days ago I damn near mad made a thread about how we were gonna finish with Heimuli and a bunch of 3 star backup plans and what a disappointment that was after last years abruce Bruce Wayne performance and our excellence this year in the early signing period.

Now, Heimuli still looks a lot like a lock but Turner seems more likely a dwag than not, Toottoot seems back in okay play and Nacua is tripping here with his mom (and Heimuli).

We aren’t gonna get all four of them but even two of them is a better finish than it appeared even a couple days ago and three wouldn’t be completely ridiculous.

I love it.

I'm never poasting from my phone again, this is a fucking WACesque abomination.

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You CAN handle the ups and downs.

You were pretty much the only one consistently saying Turner is coming to UW if he doesn't sign in the early period. While everyone else was flipping balls.

You're good enough, smart enough, and gosh darnit people like you!

Pretty sure I was on your bandwagon but you were definitely driving it. Jimmy Lake fucks and #fortheculture could not be ruled out.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,204
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited January 2019
    Where's this Henry Choochoo buzz coming from?
  • Options

You were pretty much the only one consistently saying Turner is coming to UW if he doesn't sign in the early period. While everyone else was flipping balls.

Pretty sure I was on your bandwagon but you were definitely driving it. Jimmy Lake fucks and #fortheculture could not be ruled out.
    I stayed real strong through the end of the early signing period drama, and even well into January. But I'm ashamed to say that after he had basically nothing to do with the UW kids at the Poly Bowel and had the brotherhood going with the ND commit I pretty much gave up hope.

Jimmy's the GOAT.
  • Options

Where's this Henry Choochoo buzz coming from?

He still has us in his top four as of yesterday. Not much but it's enough that Kalepo is still after him on Twitter. I don't think he's coming here but if he decides he doesn't want to go across the country...
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Hey

A couple days ago I damn near mad made a thread about how we were gonna finish with Heimuli and a bunch of 3 star backup plans and what a disappointment that was after last years abruce Bruce Wayne performance and our excellence this year in the early signing period.

Now, Heimuli still looks a lot like a lock but Turner seems more likely a dwag than not, Toottoot seems back in okay play and Nacua is tripping here with his mom (and Heimuli).

I love it.

I'm never poasting from my phone again, this is a fucking WACesque abomination.

Hey at least I have an excuse if engrish being my third language.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2019

Agreed on all points!

But because I'm a petty bitch, here are some of my quotes over the last 2 months aside from all the sleuthing I did on ND boards for updates:

"ND landed a 4* LB. Appears that he's willing to join the team as a PWO if a scholarship is not open, then get on scholarship next year. ND is still pushing for Asa, but I don't see a flip coming. Especially with 2 LB's taken in the last week. Sounds like the new commit will get a scholarship after all.

"The invisible twitter man retweeted McDuffie commitment. Fuck you Notre Dame."

"I contend, if he was going to Notre Dame, then he would have signed the NLI that he had in front of him this morning. Or he'll still do it he just doesn't know how to tell Jimmy no. We now go back to our regularly scheduled AIDS programming from a bunch of fuck sticks."

"Poly Bowel mother fuckers.

Ah-You
    Buelow
    Horn
    Kalepo
    Latu
    Ngalu
    Pa’ama
    Tuitele
    Tuputala

Turner
    Ford
    Heimuli
    Toot Toot
    Nacua

Those are the targets that will all be there. It sets up for an amazing opportunity for our? boys to help the class close strong."

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,934
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Three out of four would be a strong close.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So it looks like UW closes with Hammer, Turner, and maybe Nacua and Williams eh? An a+ close would have had Ford in it. Getting Nacua would only drop it to a solid A and that's just because they had Ford higher on their board not because I think he's substantially better. Holding onto Hammer and Turner and landing Williams, but no Nacua, still wouldn't be worse than a B or B-.

I think I'll be able to cope. Looks like more ups than downs in the closing weeks.
  • Options
    chuck said:

So it looks like UW closes with Hammer, Turner, and maybe Nacua and Williams eh? An a+ close would have had Ford in it. Getting Nacua would only drop it to a solid A and that's just because they had Ford higher on their board not because I think he's substantially better. Holding onto Hammer and Turner and landing Williams, but no Nacua, still wouldn't be worse than a B or B-.

I think I'll be able to cope. Looks like more ups than downs in the closing weeks.

Why are we concluding they had Ford over Nacua? We pursued Nacua throughout the entirety of the summer, and have kept pursuing him after his SC commitment while we apparently dropped Ford after he committed.

I don't know that I'd put Nacua higher but it sure seems like UW did.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    edited January 2019

chuck said:

Why are we concluding they had Ford over Nacua? We pursued Nacua throughout the entirety of the summer, and have kept pursuing him after his SC commitment while we apparently dropped Ford after he committed.

Inconclusive either way. They could have thought from the get-go that the odds of landing Nacua were better and allocated their resources accordingly. Or they could have not. Either way, it was never interesting.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

chuck said:

Ford has a case of GabeMarksKnee is why.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

You know, I've been rolling with that assumption but it could be all in my own mind.

I do agree with you about Nacua and how he stacks up. He could be a 5* and nobody would disagree after seeing his senior highlights.