Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Airlines Say They’re Close to a ‘Tipping Point’ Due to the Shutdown

13»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851

I flew for work this week. Some of the fat TSA workers looked to be a little thinner due to lack of grocery money.

I don't believe you. Poor people are fat.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

Raise your hand if you've noticed squat outside of social media

This. I just flew internationally. No delays coming or going, and that includes clearing customs on the way back. Breezed through there in 10 minutes flat. TSA workers everywhere. Leaving again in a month. Will report back with changes.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,934 Founders Club

I flew for work this week. Some of the fat TSA workers looked to be a little thinner due to lack of grocery money.

Says Taco Bell Superiority Guy
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/25/nyregion/lga-flights-government-shutdown.html

Significant flight delays were rippling across the Northeast on Friday because of a shortage of air traffic controllers as a result of the government shutdown, according to the Federal Aviation Administration.

The agency said it was slowing traffic in and out of the airports because of staffing problems at facilities in Washington and Jacksonville, Fla.

The delays were cascading along the Eastern Seaboard, reaching as far north as Boston. But La Guardia was the only airport closed off to arriving flights from other cities because it was so crowded with planes taking off and landing on a weekday morning.

Kennedy International and Newark Liberty International airports continued to operate and flights bound for those airports were proceeding.

On Wednesday, unions representing air traffic controllers, pilots and flight attendants offered an urgent warning that the lengthy government shutdown had created serious safety concerns for the nation’s air travel system. Like many other federal employees, the controllers have been working without pay for more than a month.

“The President has been briefed and we are monitoring the ongoing delays at some airports,’’ said Sarah Huckabee Sanders, the White House press secretary. “We are in regular contact with officials at the Department of Transportation and the FAA.”

A spokesman for the Federal Aviation Administration confirmed that it was rerouting planes and slowing air traffic to cope with an increase in the number of controllers calling in sick.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,067 Standard Supporter
    Repubs put up a bill to pay the federal employees and all but 6 Dems voted against it. Dem shutdown and they don't give a fuck!
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851

Says Taco Bell Superiority Guy
    A burrito supreme is somehow only 400 calories.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Sledog said:

Repubs put up a bill to pay the federal employees and all but 6 Dems voted against it. Dem shutdown and they don't give a fuck!

It only played out like that in your pea brain, Cletus.

Trump and the GOP took a major hit in every poll over this shutdown, and then Pelosi bent Trump over and buttfucked him with her strap-on to close it out.

When you've lost Ann Coulter...............

lol