Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Easier than banning billionaires

2»

Comments

• HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I'm hearing that taxing cigarettes is an effective way to reduce consumption.

So if capital gains are taxed as ordinary income, your money goes straight under your mattress. Respectfully, that’s bullshit.
    No but 30 seconds after the announcement, the stock market will drop 2,000-3,000 points, because the valuation of the stock market would be turned upside down. You don’t think there will be massive selling to capitalize on the capital gains tax before the shift to ordinary income? That’s always a great policy plan for any president. You will also see a massive change in investment vehicles, which will create complete chaos on Wall Street. Most of this shift will be towards real estate where people can defer earnings through 1031 exchanges. Any president that allows that will be a guaranteed one term president. Won’t ever happen.
    Many such changes are phased in. The ability to defer earnings is already present. This President has started a trade war and shuttered government. But the disruption caused by changing the tax treatment of capital gains alarms you?
    Is this a fucking Hondo alt? Your arguments are a cobbled together mess of fallacies.
    Of course. You just can’t be bothered to address them.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

So if capital gains are taxed as ordinary income, your money goes straight under your mattress. Respectfully, that’s bullshit.
    No but 30 seconds after the announcement, the stock market will drop 2,000-3,000 points, because the valuation of the stock market would be turned upside down. You don’t think there will be massive selling to capitalize on the capital gains tax before the shift to ordinary income? That’s always a great policy plan for any president. You will also see a massive change in investment vehicles, which will create complete chaos on Wall Street. Most of this shift will be towards real estate where people can defer earnings through 1031 exchanges. Any president that allows that will be a guaranteed one term president. Won’t ever happen.
    Many such changes are phased in. The ability to defer earnings is already present. This President has started a trade war and shuttered government. But the disruption caused by changing the tax treatment of capital gains alarms you?
    Is this a fucking Hondo alt? Your arguments are a cobbled together mess of fallacies.
    Bham part 2
  • HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 20,358
    I’m new around here. Inside joke?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Absolutely it does.

The trade war only effects certain industries, and the market is expecting some sort of resolution.

The government partial shutdown is completely overblown unless you work in certain areas of government. Essential projects are still being funded, so a lot of companies that manufacture for the military are still getting paid.

Changing the tax rate from Capital Gains to Ordinary Income devalues the entire stock market by 20%. This will force large traders in the market to sell their investments and take a 20% tax hit, rather than waiting and take a 40% tax hit. I'm sure a massive sell off is something every president loves to deal with. If you own $2,000,000 in gains, would you pay your 20% now or wait and pay 40% later? After they sell off then yeah, they'll buy back in, but they won't buy back at the same levels.

It will take years for the market to return to the levels before the change, which will impact a significant amount of middle class retirement plans. Sounds like that's something you are for.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

Respectfully, you're a faggot
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,638 Founders Club
    HHusky said:

I’m new around here. Inside joke?

Fuck off
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    What I learned from this thread -
    The networks have fired people like Gibson and hired people that won't ask such hard questions of presidential candidates
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

To address your poor ability to reason or your continued use of fallacious arguments?

Many such changes are phased in.(Bandwagon Fallacy) The ability to defer earnings is already present. (Begging the question) This President has started a trade war and shuttered government.(Red Herring and/or Tu Quoque) But the disruption caused by changing the tax treatment of capital gains alarms you?(False Dichotomy)

I'll let @MikeDamone check my work.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

To address your poor ability to reason or your continued use of fallacious arguments?

Many such changes are phased in.(Bandwagon Fallacy) The ability to defer earnings is already present. (Begging the question) This President has started a trade war and shuttered government.(Red Herring and/or Tu Quoque) But the disruption caused by changing the tax treatment of capital gains alarms you?(False Dichotomy)

He can innumerate his responses?
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

He can innumerate his responses?
    Keep trying C-dawg. Someday it'll happen for you.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Absolutely it does.

The trade war only effects certain industries, and the market is expecting some sort of resolution.

The government partial shutdown is completely overblown unless you work in certain areas of government. Essential projects are still being funded, so a lot of companies that manufacture for the military are still getting paid.

Changing the tax rate from Capital Gains to Ordinary Income devalues the entire stock market by 20%. This will force large traders in the market to sell their investments and take a 20% tax hit, rather than waiting and take a 40% tax hit. I'm sure a massive sell off is something every president loves to deal with. If you own $2,000,000 in gains, would you pay your 20% now or wait and pay 40% later? After they sell off then yeah, they'll buy back in, but they won't buy back at the same levels.

It will take years for the market to return to the levels before the change, which will impact a significant amount of middle class retirement plans. Sounds like that's something you are for.
    In other news. Cutting the corporate tax rate will increase the stock market.
    2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Absolutely it does.

It did help. You might want to see how buybacks work

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Absolutely it does.

Yes, record corporate stock buybacks worked so well, that the market ended an almost decade long run up and was basically flat for the year.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,543 Standard Supporter
    LebamDawg said:

What I learned from this thread -
    The networks have fired people like Gibson and hired people that won't ask such hard questions of presidential candidates

The Throbber can live without hard hitting journalism if the hotness factor is through the roof.

Sadly, the networks haven't executed that mitigator.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Absolutely it does.

Yes, record corporate stock buybacks worked so well, that the market ended an almost decade long run up and was basically flat for the year.
    Would have loved to see what raising corporate taxes would have done...
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Absolutely it does.

The 2015-16 (until 11/16) market says hi

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Absolutely it does.

Yes and per Trump that was shit growth from Obama's communism. Trump's great economic boom should have netted greater than a negative 5% return.
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Absolutely it does.

Yes and per Trump that was shit growth from Obama's communism. Trump's great economic boom should have netted greater than a negative 5% return.
    So? You lied that there was a 10 year run that ended in 2018. Fuck off.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Absolutely it does.

Did I say it was every single year? Look at a chart if pictures are easier for you to understand.
    edited January 2019
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Absolutely it does.

Did I say it was every single year? Look at a chart if pictures are easier for you to understand.
    I said fuck off. You said a decade long run and then was flat. The run ended in 2015. Took off again in at the end of 2016 and sucked in 2018. Dumb fucking liar. You know, everyone can read what you said and know what you meant. Fuck off