Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Fighting Romars vs Tree game thread

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

One of the bigger things that hop has me excited about is being able to develop some of the lower tier guys. I’ll be first to say timins was not a good signing based on romar beingbhos coach, but he has turned into at least serviceable big.

He gives good minutes and plays decent defense. Exciting development.
  • Options
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

DeepDawg said:

Domicillo said:

Saw Gaskin, Ahmed, and Fautanu

More. Give me more.
    I think Osborne too
    That’s not Osborne. Don’t ask how I know that
    Is Calvert an early enrollee cuz i think it’s him
    Yes he’s an early enrolled
    The new guys on campus should be Morris, Luciano, Fautanu, Bandes, Calvert and Williams. Ah You and Buelow are at Poly bowl now.
    Morris looks more like a jock sniffer than an actual football player.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2019

Elijah Hardy is going to be a good one. I have no clue why he doesn’t play he can really handle the ball.

Maybe not their defensively yet?

That drive was sweet and the next time down the court I think he broke the other dudes ankle with his crossover.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

Elijah Hardy is going to be a good one. I have no clue why he doesn’t play he can really handle the ball.

Maybe not their defensively yet?

That drive was sweet and the next time down the court I think he broke the other dudes ankle with his crossover.
    Yeah he’s nice asf. Don’t know why he doesn’t play at least some minutes.
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    The team is ok. Guard play is way ahead of what our bigs are bringing. Timmins wouldn't start on any top 25 team and Dickerson is inconsistent and at a physical disadvantage against elite bigs. It will be another couple of years but I like they way we play and we are seeing young talent develop. Hopkins has definitely got the team playing much more disciplined basketball than under Romar....
  • Options

The team is ok. Guard play is way ahead of what our bigs are bringing. Timmins wouldn't start on any top 25 team and Dickerson is inconsistent and at a physical disadvantage against elite bigs. It will be another couple of years but I like they way we play and we are seeing young talent develop. Hopkins has definitely got the team playing much more disciplined basketball than under Romar....

Honestly I think they’re quite good.

They’re one bad call away from being 14-3.

Should be 15-2 if officating wasn’t god awful in Minnesota and Gonzaga games.
  • Options

Next year.

Looks like Stewart is in the bag and McDaniels is a lean.
  • Options
    DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

One of the bigger things that hop has me excited about is being able to develop some of the lower tier guys. I’ll be first to say timins was not a good signing based on romar beingbhos coach, but he has turned into at least serviceable big.

He gives good minutes and plays decent defense. Exciting development.
    Timmins definitely had a good game (relatively speaking) tonight but I’m still LIPO in terms of if he’s really turned a corner. He’s burned me too many times with fucktarded plays to trust him
  • Options
    DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544
    But agree if he can just do his job and grab boards it would be a huge help to the team
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,468
    Swaye's Wigwam

black eye for Jen Cohen

Blundered!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    If they beat Cal tomorrow I'll really start to believe in this team. They look like they've matured a lot offensively and have figured some things out. The biggest thing is they've figured out how to not have to rely on Dickerson for points. Carter finding his shot has helped tremendously.

Nowell was unstoppable off the bounce last night.

I kind of feel like this team will win the conference going away but lose the PXT. I think the multiple back to back nights could be where not having a point guard finally catches up to us. I just don't know how they can stack enough wins in the conference to make the big dance, there just aren't enough quality wins out there.

Would love to see Hardy or Bey get some more run, the 7 man rotation is working right now but we are going to need some more depth at some point this year and especially next year. The only players getting any run right now that will likely be here next year are Timmins, Carter and Wright.

I just can't see Nowell coming back but if he does next year could be, well, special.
  • Options
    FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Whether timmins would start for a top 25 team is irrelevant. Whether he's making positive contributions to the team is what matters. We have enough scoring on the wings and dont' need some dominate center. I don't agree dickerson is at a huge disadvantage against most teams. Sure, if you're talking the top 5 teams in teh nation than of course, but the other 20 in the top 25 all have their warts.

The biggest fallacy is that there are a lot of posts in basketball at any level. There aren't a shit ton of good bigs in the NBA, let alone D1 basketball. At the college level the vast majority are developed. That's where Romar was such a joke. He couldn't develop anyone and yet would bring in projects.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

If they beat Cal tomorrow I'll really start to believe in this team. They look like they've matured a lot offensively and have figured some things out. The biggest thing is they've figured out how to not have to rely on Dickerson for points. Carter finding his shot has helped tremendously.

Nowell was unstoppable off the bounce last night.

I kind of feel like this team will win the conference going away but lose the PXT. I think the multiple back to back nights could be where not having a point guard finally catches up to us. I just don't know how they can stack enough wins in the conference to make the big dance, there just aren't enough quality wins out there.

Would love to see Hardy or Bey get some more run, the 7 man rotation is working right now but we are going to need some more depth at some point this year and especially next year. The only players getting any run right now that will likely be here next year are Timmins, Carter and Wright.

I just can't see Nowell coming back but if he does next year could be, well, special.

We’re playing Cal tomorrow, they’ll get a ton of run
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Whether timmins would start for a top 25 team is irrelevant. Whether he's making positive contributions to the team is what matters. We have enough scoring on the wings and dont' need some dominate center. I don't agree dickerson is at a huge disadvantage against most teams. Sure, if you're talking the top 5 teams in teh nation than of course, but the other 20 in the top 25 all have their warts.

The biggest fallacy is that there are a lot of posts in basketball at any level. There aren't a shit ton of good bigs in the NBA, let alone D1 basketball. At the college level the vast majority are developed. That's where Romar was such a joke. He couldn't develop anyone and yet would bring in projects.
    this
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Davis had a shitty game last night but that guy would have been a big difference maker for this program. You could argue that with him last year UW makes the tourney. Having him as an insurance policy for games when Crisp would go full retard may have stemmed the tide in a few of their late season losses. He's now on a middling team coached by the fat corpse of Jared Haas and his buddy Jaylon is playing in his home city for the dynamic and gregarious Hopkins, leading the conference standings. Further proof where none was needed that kids are dumb.
  • Options
    theLSkidtheLSkid Member Posts: 344
    Still wondering why Naz isn't starting? Just me? ok. Also, Noah is so polished with his post moves and inside game, I don't see him as a weak spot on our team, but would rather have someone taller with the same skills. When we land a 6'10+ kid with the same inside game that's when a reel run to the sweet 16 will happen.