Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

2020/2021 Targets - Link Thread

Comments

• DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Just tortured myself and listened to a 18 min recruiting podcast by Fatters and Eckturd. He says there will be 30 or so recruits here for the Spring Preview and wouldn't be surprised if the DAWGS receive 2-3 commits. But he says "don't hold him to it" lol. The list will be up by Friday. He also says the staff has positioned themselves to receive a total of 7-10 commits by the end of June with the Dirt Dawgs Camp and other events. Potentially 10 by the end of June seems high for me. I think Adams, Hatchett, Racanelli, Yurosek and Sunday are highly likely but can't think of anybody else. Might be to early for Persi.

Hector

A few “if we offer guys” like Bruener, maybe Levi Rogers (I think thats his last name, the Woodinville kid), Gee Scott, etc.
    Gee Scott? Are you high?
    Maybe I am. I assumed the sarcasm was obvious.
    It wasn’t... you included Bruener and Rogers who look like offers are more than a 60% chance IMO. At least bruener if dipshit continues to wiff on LB’s.

Gee gets offered when my wife gets back to her pre baby size and my dick grows two inches.

(spoiler) not going to happen.
    The only chance Rogers has at an offer is if Yurosek goes elsewhere. Even then, I doubt he does.
    If Yurosek goes elsewhere, they’ll over Overman and/or Yary and call it a day
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Just tortured myself and listened to a 18 min recruiting podcast by Fatters and Eckturd. He says there will be 30 or so recruits here for the Spring Preview and wouldn't be surprised if the DAWGS receive 2-3 commits. But he says "don't hold him to it" lol. The list will be up by Friday. He also says the staff has positioned themselves to receive a total of 7-10 commits by the end of June with the Dirt Dawgs Camp and other events. Potentially 10 by the end of June seems high for me. I think Adams, Hatchett, Racanelli, Yurosek and Sunday are highly likely but can't think of anybody else. Might be to early for Persi.

Hector

A few “if we offer guys” like Bruener, maybe Levi Rogers (I think thats his last name, the Woodinville kid), Gee Scott, etc.
    Gee Scott? Are you high?
    Maybe I am. I assumed the sarcasm was obvious.
    It wasn’t... you included Bruener and Rogers who look like offers are more than a 60% chance IMO. At least bruener if dipshit continues to wiff on LB’s.

Gee gets offered when my wife gets back to her pre baby size and my dick grows two inches.

(spoiler) not going to happen.
    The only chance Rogers has at an offer is if Yurosek goes elsewhere. Even then, I doubt he does.
    I’m talking the ot Rogers from wood. No way on Gods green earth we offer dj. I wish we would but choir boy peterman won’t disrupt the status quo.
    In other news, Pete wouldn't let this kid take an official to us this weekend, so he took one to Alabama instead and.... https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-Recruiting-Tide-flips-elite-ATH-Drew-Sanders-from-Oklahoma--131653259/
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Domicillo said:

In other news, Pete wouldn't let this kid take an official to us this weekend, so he took one to Alabama instead and.... https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Article/Alabama-Football-Recruiting-Tide-flips-elite-ATH-Drew-Sanders-from-Oklahoma--131653259/

Fuck peterman.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Domicillo said:

In other news, Pete wouldn't let this kid take an official to us this weekend

Wait, what?
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Wait, what?
    https://247sports.com/player/drew-sanders-45572383/
    http://www.hudl.com/video/3/8261385/5c3904303dea9112ecff3858

Drew Sanders, top 50 player. A big OLB/WR playing Texas high school football who we offered January 2018. He's a legit LB prospect, committed to Oklahoma back in November 2017 before he had a ton of offers and was still playing some QB too, before he transferred to a bigger Texas football program where he's now the two-way athlete. He's made no qualms that despite his commitment he's been looking around at other top programs, and since he's white and from Texas of course we've continued to pursue him. Eventually, we've got to the point as of a few weeks ago where he was planning to come up either for the Spring Game Preview Shitshow or for the May barbecue thing, but he wasn't going to take an unofficial in order to do so.

Now remember, the whole thing with Asa last year. Pete has decided that the lesson from that whole experience is that the only reason they almost lost him was because Asa took summer OVs before committing to us and never got a chance to get back to UW afterwards. And not that the staff didn't put in enough effort to continue to recruit him after he committed, despite the fact it was painfully obvious following Asa's social media that he not only was second guessing his decision throughout the fall but that he also had contact with ND multiple times.

Anyways, Pete has now declared that UW will not let any kids take OVs in the spring moving forward, a real OKG move.... Apparently, the inability of this staff to be fully committed to recruiting at an elite level is actually the fault of kids who want to take early visits, nothing to do with the coaches or flaws in Pete's recruiting strategy.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that had we been able to get Asa up for a fall visit, preferably the Dec. poly visit, the whole thing would have been avoided, but Asa probably doesn't commit to us in the first place if he didn't take his summer OV. This is another example of where this program's recruiting philosophies to seek out true OKGs, guys who 'don't just want to be recruited', will also inevitably be biased against kids from families with fewer means. Some might even call it elitist!

Now, since Sanders wasn't going to come all this way on his own dime, Pete said he can schedule an OV for later in the year. So with a free weekend now, Saban said come on down to Tuscaloosa and check out my cars championship rings and now poof! Sanders walks out this weekend committing to Bama, instead of being at UW talking about turkey hunting season with Kwat and Gregory.
    Sounds like a kid who has no problem de-committing. I think if UW is interested they can get him in for a fall visit.
  • DJDuckDJDuck Member Posts: 5,970
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:

DJDuck said:

Domicillo said:

DJDuck said:

I think you should cross Noah Sewell off your list.

It’s the list of UW offers with links to the threads for easy access. When you don’t offer 300 kids it’s easier to organize them all.
    Seems like sour grapes. Whatever strategy Oregon used it worked. Noah Sewell will be a Duck. Sewell's Dad still blames the Huskies for Penei's injury. No way in hell would Noah even think about going to Washington.
    Ya my grapes are so sour. I was dying for an undersized DL whose dad is trying to sell him as a +255 ILB. I’m was just telling you the intent of the thread, cause it’s not new news anyone here that we weren’t pursuing him anymore.
    Domicillo said:

DJDuck said:

Domicillo said:

DJDuck said:

I think you should cross Noah Sewell off your list.

It’s the list of UW offers with links to the threads for easy access. When you don’t offer 300 kids it’s easier to organize them all.
    Seems like sour grapes. Whatever strategy Oregon used it worked. Noah Sewell will be a Duck. Sewell's Dad still blames the Huskies for Penei's injury. No way in hell would Noah even think about going to Washington.
    Ya my grapes are so sour. I was dying for an undersized DL whose dad is trying to sell him as a +255 ILB. I’m was just telling you the intent of the thread, cause it’s not new news anyone here that we weren’t pursuing him anymore.
    It might be good to edify yourself rather than post from ignorant bias.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fDhLtTWRGtc
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    edited May 2019
    Are we really going to be at 3 commits all the way until our Rising Stars camp in June? There's always talk about us getting a bunch of commits at our camps but its rarely more than like one or two. We'd need 6 commits next month to catch up with how we were doing last year.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Are we really going to be at 3 commits all the way until our Rising Stars camp in June? There's always talk about us getting a bunch of commits at our camps but its rarely more than like one or two. We'd need 6 commits next month to catch up with how we were doing last year.

I don't know who but someone will. The ND insider (not Loy) said Yurosek is visiting in a month or so and is down to 4 schools. I thought he would be a candidate but maybe not. His 247 profile has 5 schools so I hope we are in his top 4. My question is what is our status with Hector, Adams and Raccanelli?
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,288
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I don't know who but someone will. The ND insider (not Loy) said Yurosek is visiting in a month or so and is down to 4 schools. I thought he would be a candidate but maybe not. His 247 profile has 5 schools so I hope we are in his top 4. My question is what is our status with Hector, Adams and Raccanelli?
    We are doing good with all of them but clearly not pushing hard for them to commit. Trying to get 15 commits in December is probably not a great strategy.

Yurosek: Stanford/UW (TE) & UCLA/ND (DE)

Racanelli will commit in June, Adams will be a dawg but despite our efforts to get him to commit earlier it looks like this is gonna drag into the fall and Hector is looking for a reason to go elsewhere, the longer this goes the better for us (Stanford & USC are primary competition right now).
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Domicillo said:

Yurosek: Stanford/UW (TE) & UCLA/ND (DE)

Racanelli will commit in June, Adams will be a dawg but despite our efforts to get him to commit earlier it looks like this is gonna drag into the fall and Hector is looking for a reason to go elsewhere, the longer this goes the better for us (Stanford & USC are primary competition right now).
    Where are you hearing Hector is looking for a reason to go elsewhere? Obviously its not set in stone, but do you not consider us to be the favorites still? I just think there's no way he's going to pick USC despite it being his father's alma mater. Gotta think he's smarter than that. Stanford I could believe.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Wait, what?

Drew Sanders, top 50 player. A big OLB/WR playing Texas high school football who we offered January 2018. He's a legit LB prospect, committed to Oklahoma back in November 2017 before he had a ton of offers and was still playing some QB too, before he transferred to a bigger Texas football program where he's now the two-way athlete. He's made no qualms that despite his commitment he's been looking around at other top programs, and since he's white and from Texas of course we've continued to pursue him. Eventually, we've got to the point as of a few weeks ago where he was planning to come up either for the Spring Game Preview Shitshow or for the May barbecue thing, but he wasn't going to take an unofficial in order to do so.

Now remember, the whole thing with Asa last year. Pete has decided that the lesson from that whole experience is that the only reason they almost lost him was because Asa took summer OVs before committing to us and never got a chance to get back to UW afterwards. And not that the staff didn't put in enough effort to continue to recruit him after he committed, despite the fact it was painfully obvious following Asa's social media that he not only was second guessing his decision throughout the fall but that he also had contact with ND multiple times.

Anyways, Pete has now declared that UW will not let any kids take OVs in the spring moving forward, a real OKG move.... Apparently, the inability of this staff to be fully committed to recruiting at an elite level is actually the fault of kids who want to take early visits, nothing to do with the coaches or flaws in Pete's recruiting strategy.

Don't get me wrong, I agree that had we been able to get Asa up for a fall visit, preferably the Dec. poly visit, the whole thing would have been avoided, but Asa probably doesn't commit to us in the first place if he didn't take his summer OV. This is another example of where this program's recruiting philosophies to seek out true OKGs, guys who 'don't just want to be recruited', will also inevitably be biased against kids from families with fewer means. Some might even call it elitist!

Now, since Sanders wasn't going to come all this way on his own dime, Pete said he can schedule an OV for later in the year. So with a free weekend now, Saban said come on down to Tuscaloosa and check out my cars championship rings and now poof! Sanders walks out this weekend committing to Bama, instead of being at UW talking about turkey hunting season with Kwat and Gregory.
    Don't have to worry about decommitments if you don't have any commitments. Brilliant!

This is the same strategy I have to turn down all social invitations just in case I later decide I'd rather stay home on my couch and do nothing.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Domicillo said:

Domicillo said:

Wait, what?

Don't have to worry about decommitments if you don't have any commitments. Brilliant!

This is the same strategy I have to turn down all social invitations just in case I later decide I'd rather stay home on my couch and do nothing.
    You don’t need friends when you have us shit bags.