Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2020/2021 Targets - Link Thread

Comments

• Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,294
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Doogman has Chad Johnson Jr on our offers list.. assuming that is garbage?

I think we probably offered him but he was already committed to ASU and he wasn't above Jalen/Rome/Sawyer as far as WR targets
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    From @Ballz

I don’t care about the 2021 final ranking as much right now because there are a shit load of guys currently rated 3-stars that UW has either offered or likely will offer in the Spring that are elite or really good prospects:

RB: 3-star Tavierre Dunlap and 3-star Byron Cardwell. I’m assuming UW is looking to take two RB’s again this class considering thry’re losing McGrew and Pleasant after next season. These two look like they’re the top realistic targets right now and they’re both elite guys. I would love to get both of them but I doubt that happens because Moobs will be Moobs. Right now I see Dunlap as the more likely one to commit to UW and Cardwell going elsewhere at which point 3-star in-state big back Tuna Altahir could get an offer. Altahir is a legit Pac-12 prospect. If he doesn’t get an offer from UW, I expect him to go to a high-academic Pac-12 school like UCLA, Cal, or Stanford. He possesses a powerful lower body, great balance, surprisingly quick and light feet, natural vision, easy lateral movement, and soft hands as a receiver. He fits the mold of a big, thick bruiser Jimmy would love to put in the game in the fourth quarter to wear a team out and actually FINISH a closely contested game for the win for once. Dunlap and Cardwell would be an elite RB class, but Dunlap and Altahir would be really good as well.

Tuna Altahir, Big Back, 6’0 210, Kennewick, WA.

DT: 3-star Jacob Schuster (Tumwater, WA) and 3-star Voi Tunuufi (Salt Lake City, Utah, East HS). Schuster hasn’t been offered yet but his Junior film warrants one. He’s good. He’s a million times better than Victory Vaka who is rated a 4-star early but will likely drop to a 3-star later. Schuster is a 4.0 student too. Bringing those two in would be like getting Tuli and Taki all over again. Both are 4-star talents. Hopefully Malloe can get them in the boat early and have them help recruit JTT who is the next Vita Vea. Ride the Poly wave baby!

Jacob Schuster, DT/NT, 6’2 300, Tumwater, WA.

OLB: 3-star Logan Fano (Provo, UT) and 3-star Josh McCarron (Everett, WA). Everybody should already know who Fano is and know that he’s elite despite his current 3-star ranking. UW has been on him for a while. He’s borderline 5-star talent IMO. He has all the tools to develop into a first round pick down the road. But this in-state kid Josh McCarron is the real deal too. He’s super twitchy rushing off the edge and can run the hoop around a Tackle. His first step is ridiculous. His closing speed is elite. Easily another in-state 4-star with early offers from Cal and WSU. He’ll be an easy layup for Kwat when offered and we all know Kwat needs his Joe Tryon-esque in-state layups.

Josh McCarron, 6’4 215, OLB, Everett, WA, 18 sacks, 19 TFLs, and 71 tackles on defense while also playing WR on offense, damn son.

WR: 3-star Junior Alexander. Huffman said he’s getting bumped up to a 4-star in the next rankings update but we’ve heard that one before only for it not to happen. He’s one of the best WR prospects out West regardless of ranking so whatever. I see him as the slot WR in this class with hopefully Emeka and Troy Franklin on the outside. Please God!

Safety: 3-star Jaedon Hall (Lakes, WA) and 3-star Jaraye Williams (Kennedy Catholic, Burien, WA). Jimmy might not have to leave the state of Washington to find his two safeties in the 2021 class. Hall is a dynamic 4-star athlete who could legitimately be an elite college player and NFL prospect at either FS or WR. He has speed, great feet, and ball skills at both positions. I like him as a ball hawking FS. Williams is a super tall and lengthy SS prospect who plays with the physicality of a linebacker because he also plays some rush end for Kennedy Catholic. He too has ball skills and the leaping ability of a D1 basketball player. Williams already has offers from USC, Nebraska, and WSU. Both these guys are currently rate 3-star and again, I think both are 4-star talents.

Jaedon Hall, 6’2 185, Free Safety/WR, Lakes, WA.

Jaraye Williams, 6’4 200, Strong Safety, Burien, WA.

ILB: 3-star Trey Reynolds (Queen Creek, AZ). Holy fucking shit have you watched this kid’s Junior film? When Reynolds and Ethan Calvert are wearing pads and helmets, it’s hard to tell them apart. That’s how good Reynolds is. If I’m being objective, Reynolds and Calvert are the top two ILB’s out West.

Trey Reynolds, 6’2 225, ILB, Queen Creek, AZ.

The more I dive into the 2021 in-state recruiting class, the more amazed I am at just how much talent this state is producing right now. It’s the most talented in-state class in the history of the state and I think this is a trend that’s going to continue with Western Washington being a desirable place to live and move to. Just right here in this post I’ve got five in-state guys currently rated 3-stars who look like 4-stars to me and I haven’t even watched all of the in-state guys film yet and there are always one or two more in-state guys who jump on the radar as Seniors as well. We could legitimately see about half of the 2021 class end up being in-state kids. How sick would that be? Jimmy needs to BUILD A WALL around the state of Washington. We should end up with a top-10 class automatically when we get the three 5-star in-state kids. But don’t be worried when the coaches start offering a bunch of these 3-star in-state kids because a lot of these kids are currently super underrated and deserving of 4-star ratings.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,151
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Is this the same Ballz? This actually is good content with very little spastic.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Some can't handle the freedom here.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bring back @ballzdumb!!!

That's actually pretty good content. Is it doogish as fuck? Well, it's @ballz.

He really only goes off the rails in his player assessments when he tries to make every UW prospect a gem and every quook prospect an overrated dud. When he stays away from that subject...comparing UW to UO...he's ok and usually a good read.

• Options
    Offseasons are more entertaining when Ballz is posting
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

He’d get ridden so hard here for doogin that he would then go into full aidz meltdown with his rebuttals.

He hasn’t been gone that long...
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Edit: Angulo CB (not Biggins) in for this kid.

Made a pick on the first drive of the poly bowel in the end zone.
  • Options

Pick #2 in 4th Quarter, and he's a UW legacy?
  • Options

Article per Ruth

HUSKY RECRUITINGUW’s Walk-on Program Continues to Flourish in 2020

Washington has had an extremely successful history where walk-on’s are considered — going all the way back to the Don James years and then on up into the current era.

Most recently you see guys like Eddie Ulofoshio, Myles Bryant, Josiah Bronson, and Ryan Bowman having good careers at Washington after having started out without all the fanfare of those who came in on full rides.

It’s very common at Washington that a preferred walk-on knows going in that he has an opportunity to compete, and earn a scholarship.

One guy who had this very thing happen during his Husky career was current d-line coach and co-defensive coordinator, Ikaika Malloe.

Malloe, who was from Hawai’i, originally walked on but then earned a scholarship for Washington after a redshirt freshman season, so it seems fitting that this year Malloe, himself, is going back to Hawai’i and offering the walk-on opportunity to a guy who may have been heavily overlooked by a lot of recruiters this past year.

The reason? Playing out position during high school.

“During my sophomore year, Washington, Boise State, and Michigan State started reaching out to me”, Iolani safety, Meki Pei told Realdawg.com this week, “I thought then that my future was bright. But then during my junior year I got moved to backer — I always had Washington in the back of my head– then during my senior year, the offers just didn’t come.”

Pei, wh’s 5-11, 175, has been a safety playing linebacker — and most college coaches don’t go after linebackers that size.

“I was willing to settle on UH and stay home or go the juco route”.

Hawai’i had also offered a walk-on opportunity for Pei.

“Three weeks ago I got the call (from Washington), and now it’s clear.”

Pei is going to take an official visit to Washington on January 24th, but he’s been around the city and the University several times before — his father and mother both went to Washington.

In fact, his father played on the same team as Malloe and Ink Aleaga, “I don’t really want to go anywhere else”, he explained.

It’s not just Malloe who’s been hot on Pei’s trail; Will Harris is also involved and has been in contact with the safety, “Coach Harris said he’s super excited to get me up there”, he said.

On the field Pei has an extremely high football IQ and is ready to commit himself to earning a scholarship; he’s a very determined young man and is a little reminiscent of a young Ikaika Malloe.

He also plays soccer, hoops, and baseball — but football has been his sport since he was just five years old.

Malloe and others have been scanning the region for some solid PWO candidates; watch for more such as Josiah Nikolao from Bellermine Prep and Brad McGannon from Yelm.

This weekend Pei is playing in the Poly Bowl, and while he does have other PWO offers to choose from, Washington is the most likely pick.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    edited January 2020

Yeah, pretty sure his dad was Meki Pei who was a walk-on LB who played with Malloe in 94. Unless he shares a name with a random instead of being a Jr.

Edit: should have known you’d have found out the answer to your own question.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    Im sorry, if I’m a potential D1 recruit I’m not letting my high school coach play me out of position like that. This kid looks pretty good.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Im sorry, if I’m a potential D1 recruit I’m not letting my high school coach play me out of position like that. This kid looks pretty good.

Kids get recruited to positions they aren’t playing in HS all the time.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    dnc said:

At his size he was never going to be a LB.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

At his size he was never going to be a LB.
    No shit.

The coaches job is to win games, not to play players at their best college position.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:
    High diving white guys ?