Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Jimmy Lake Blueprint

Comments

• Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,412
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baphomet said:

digits said:

1. Skyler Fulton; Tampa Bay Bucs WR Coach; College: ASU; Hometown: Olympia, WA
    - Profile Link: https://www.buccaneers.com/team/coaches-roster/skyler-fulton

From that link: "In addition to his bachelor’s degree, Fulton has a master’s degree from Arizona State. A native of Olympia, Washington, Fulton has three sons: Jaden, Jordan and Jett."

Any coach that names one of his kids Jett gets my vote for a WR coach.
    + Citrus college (Hardy fukin har)
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2019
    digits said:

EwaDawg said:

digits said:

digits said:

Jimmy Lake has proven to be one of the best hires Petersen has ever made. Lake is an ace recruiter, he develops talent, and they go on to become early round NFL draft picks. This was an unusual hire for Petersen for a few reasons, yet it turned out to be extremely successful. The blueprint, as I see it, is: Outside Petersen’s coaching circle, NFL coach, minority, college coaching experience, and possible availability (i.e. I only looked at NFL teams that missed the playoffs with the assumption that playoff teams would retain their staffs). For the sake of argument, let’s say Petersen were to use this blueprint again. Here are some names that could make sense:

2. Darrell Hazell; Minnesota WR Coach; College: Muskingum; Hometown: Cinnaminson, NJ
    - Profile Link: https://www.vikings.com/team/coaches-roster/darrell-hazell
    3. Tyke Tolbert; New York Giants WR Coach; College: LSU; Hometown: Conroe, TX
    - Profile Link: https://www.giants.com/team/coaches-roster/tyke-tolbert

Petersen will do just fine no matter who he hires. He's kinda proved that over his coaching tenure which places him among the top 3 in college football. Like Saban, it's the system not the coaches necessarily. Same with belichick and Carroll in the NFL. The system produces coaches (and players), not the other way around. Kwiatkowski is the backbone to Petersens defense...Lake is fantastic, but Pete's system attracts the same players year after year

You prolly dont remember Skyler Fulton do you new fish?
    New fish? I've been here longer than you have, shit dick. Ha ha, #MARK.

Petersen didn't "do just fine" when he hired Lubick. And he's not top 3, top 5 (tops).

1. Saban
    2. Dabo
    3. Urban
    4. Jimbo
    5a.? Petersen
    5b.? James Franklin

Uh, if you are going to list former coaches you forgot Paul Bear Bryant.

HTH

And, yes, Peterman is the winningest active coach in football.

Welcome, new fish.

I think you'll find football an interesting game to watch.

If you think Urban is a "former coaches", I can't help you. He'll be back, 2 Quaaludes in the morning, she be back.
    Maybe. Maybe not. There is this little issue of a cyst on his brain. AND the stigma/disgrace of supporting a proven wife/girl friend beater. But, even if he eventually does, that doesn't change the fact that half ( FIFTY FUCKING PERCENT) of your top 5 (excluding Peterman) was pulled straight out of your ass.

Not only is puppy more logical than you (in this thread) he has much, much, much better grammar than you do. Think about that for a minute.

And, no, I don't think Urban is a former coaches.
  • Options
    EwaDawg said:

digits said:

EwaDawg said:

digits said:

digits said:

Jimmy Lake has proven to be one of the best hires Petersen has ever made. Lake is an ace recruiter, he develops talent, and they go on to become early round NFL draft picks. This was an unusual hire for Petersen for a few reasons, yet it turned out to be extremely successful. The blueprint, as I see it, is: Outside Petersen’s coaching circle, NFL coach, minority, college coaching experience, and possible availability (i.e. I only looked at NFL teams that missed the playoffs with the assumption that playoff teams would retain their staffs). For the sake of argument, let’s say Petersen were to use this blueprint again. Here are some names that could make sense:

2. Darrell Hazell; Minnesota WR Coach; College: Muskingum; Hometown: Cinnaminson, NJ
    - Profile Link: https://www.vikings.com/team/coaches-roster/darrell-hazell
    3. Tyke Tolbert; New York Giants WR Coach; College: LSU; Hometown: Conroe, TX
    - Profile Link: https://www.giants.com/team/coaches-roster/tyke-tolbert

Petersen will do just fine no matter who he hires. He's kinda proved that over his coaching tenure which places him among the top 3 in college football. Like Saban, it's the system not the coaches necessarily. Same with belichick and Carroll in the NFL. The system produces coaches (and players), not the other way around. Kwiatkowski is the backbone to Petersens defense...Lake is fantastic, but Pete's system attracts the same players year after year

You prolly dont remember Skyler Fulton do you new fish?
    New fish? I've been here longer than you have, shit dick. Ha ha, #MARK.

Petersen didn't "do just fine" when he hired Lubick. And he's not top 3, top 5 (tops).

1. Saban
    2. Dabo
    3. Urban
    4. Jimbo
    5a.? Petersen
    5b.? James Franklin

Uh, if you are going to list former coaches you forgot Paul Bear Bryant.

HTH

And, yes, Peterman is the winningest active coach in football.

Welcome, new fish.

I think you'll find football an interesting game to watch.

If you think Urban is a "former coaches", I can't help you. He'll be back, 2 Quaaludes in the morning, she be back.
    Maybe. Maybe not. There is this little issue of a cyst on his brain. AND the stigma/disgrace of supporting a proven wife/girl friend beater. But, even if he does, that doesn't change the fact that half ( FIFTY FUCKING PERCENT) of your top 5 (excluding Peterman) was pulled straight out of your ass.
    I'm basing it on active winning coaches at the highest level, National Championships.
  • Options
    @backthepack Why do u hate winning?
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511
    Fulton looks great but why would a guy leave a WR coaching role in the NFL to coach WR in college? Can we pay him more?
  • Options

Jimbo has had one good season with an elite
    College QB. He’s just a better Clay Helton.

You suck if you go 6-6 at FSU end of fucking story.

Amazzing!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,792
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Baphomet said:

Fulton looks great but why would a guy leave a WR coaching role in the NFL to coach WR in college? Can we pay him more?

Arians wants to get his own guys in there!

Also he’ll probably get the CO-OC title
  • Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,289
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Baphomet said:

He is probably making the 'minimum' for an NFL position coach given his lack of experience, if we offered him Lubick's salary (around 500k) it would probably be a slight increase.
  • Options
    BaphometBaphomet Member Posts: 1,511

Baphomet said:

Arians wants to get his own guys in there!

Also he’ll probably get the CO-OC title
    The first makes sense.

Does he have the resume for the 2nd?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Jimbo sucks, hth.

Idk man, I thought he did an amazing job last year with that black sark roster
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Jimbo sucks, hth.

I don’t know about amazing but I definitely think Jimbo is better than sucks but worse than top 5. He’s a high risk high reward coach, very high variance.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Jimbo sucks, hth.

I don’t know about amazing but I definitely think Jimbo is better than sucks but worse than top 5. He’s a high risk high reward coach, very high variance.
    Dude that roster lost to UCLA a year prior in an embarrassing fashion. We talking about ucla
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Jimbo sucks, hth.

Dude that roster lost to UCLA a year prior in an embarrassing fashion. We talking about ucla
    Single game data points are what good analysis is made of.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    welp - so, I don't know, but "new info" makes me doubt it's going to happen with Skyler. But I'm not really sure tbh.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

welp - so, I don't know, but "new info" makes me doubt it's going to happen with Skyler. But I'm not really sure tbh.

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    If Jimmy Lake is such a great coach, why can’t he get hired away to a sexy new job? He’s 42 years old.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    He's just reading twitter behavior. My serious impression is that we want Skyler and Junior is holding as plan B (or C).