Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why Jimmy Lake is staying

1235»

Comments

• Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I’m not sure Lake would take a lateral at this point after all the head coach rumors. Especially to replace Tosh of all people.

But where there’s smoke there’s fire usually so he’s probably gone.

Co-Defensive Coordinator at Washington to Defensive Coordinator at Alabama is not a lateral move. Also, $1.1 mil to rumors of $1.7 mil is also not a lateral move. Also, Alabama is a direct stepping to stone to the NFL.

Jimmy would have any 5 star in the country waiting for his phone call to join his defense.

He's going to have 2-3 deep NFL ready players compared to 5-6 total NFL ready players currently.

Alabama is a step up to any other program currently.
    I think we’d find a way to up his salary.

I don’t disagree it’s a better job than his current one, but he just seems like a guy who is holding out for a head gig. Maybe I’m wrong.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm closer to believing that Grinolds is actively working in the opposite interests of CP and the program.

I'm nothing if not a purveyor of truth!
    Fuccck, welcome Tyson. I see you crossed over to the dark side.

I missed you’re first few posts but I want to tell you great job with the original screen name! Also, DIAFF, last... I have a package I would like to send you... address please.

The whole thing...
    @tysenallumbaugh

All I see...

• RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I’m not sure Lake would take a lateral at this point after all the head coach rumors. Especially to replace Tosh of all people.

Co-Defensive Coordinator at Washington to Defensive Coordinator at Alabama is not a lateral move. Also, $1.1 mil to rumors of $1.7 mil is also not a lateral move. Also, Alabama is a direct stepping to stone to the NFL.

Jimmy would have any 5 star in the country waiting for his phone call to join his defense.

He's going to have 2-3 deep NFL ready players compared to 5-6 total NFL ready players currently.

I don't know if we've devolved to the full-blown AIDS portion of this thread's life cycle, but in case we haven't, I'd like to offer a serious counterargument to much of the above.

Would it be a lateral move to go from DC at Washington to DC at Alabama for more money? Sort of, but not really. Bama would be a better job if you wanted more money or a greater chance at winning a national championship. Or if he thought he could learn a lot from a defensive guy like Saban.

Is that what he wants? Is it worth it?

If his goal is a head coaching job, I honestly don't think so. If he goes there and Alabama's defense does well, who gets the credit? When he turns 5-star recruits into high draft picks, who gets the credit? Saban is already regarded as a DB guru, so when Alabama's DBs play well, is Lake seen as some mastermind or just the guy implementing Saban's techniques? Taking the Bama job would be like playing a good mid-major: no credit if you win, tons of blame if you lose. Bama's DC just got the Colorado job; didn't Lake already turn that down?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    RealRhino said:

I don't know if we've devolved to the full-blown AIDS portion of this thread's life cycle, but in case we haven't, I'd like to offer a serious counterargument to much of the above.

Would it be a lateral move to go from DC at Washington to DC at Alabama for more money? Sort of, but not really. Bama would be a better job if you wanted more money or a greater chance at winning a national championship. Or if he thought he could learn a lot from a defensive guy like Saban.

Is that what he wants? Is it worth it?

If his goal is a head coaching job, I honestly don't think so. If he goes there and Alabama's defense does well, who gets the credit? When he turns 5-star recruits into high draft picks, who gets the credit? Saban is already regarded as a DB guru, so when Alabama's DBs play well, is Lake seen as some mastermind or just the guy implementing Saban's techniques? Taking the Bama job would be like playing a good mid-major: no credit if you win, tons of blame if you lose. Bama's DC just got the Colorado job; didn't Lake already turn that down?
    Bama’s DC got the coveted Browns job....

As a DL Coach!!