Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Players too good for RS

2»

Comments

• GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,163

You bring up some good points, but your Fuller, Ahmed, and Hunter takes are so fucking bad that you deserve every WTF that you get slapped with.

I literally said are “Salvon and hunter too good to RS? Duh” as in like of course they are. The rest is just information they had to think over as coaches that makes the decision a little more complex than “UH IS HE GOOD OR NOT”
    You heavily implied that they only played as true freshmen because our RB and WR recruiting was shit. While it’s true that is was shit, it played no role in whether or not Hunter and Ahmed played. Those two would have played as freshmen for any program in the country.
  • dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    Clemson definitely should have redshirted Justyn Ross. He only had 300 yards in the playoff games. Or their shitty QB (he's a different beast, but still).

There are going to be times when freshmen are too good to be kept off the field. If we redshirt everyone from here on out good luck recruiting the top 100 players and telling them they aren't playing their first year.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    edited January 2019

I complained through 2017 that we didn't redshirt a single DB. That's still the most baffling set of decisions to me.

A lot of guys on this list I don't get the complaints though. Trey Adams was physically ready. OL get hurt it's part of the gig. Playing him was absolutely the right call. You don't play him he could have just as easily had the same injuries and now you're begging for a sixth year.

Hunter Bryant was going to play from day one anywhere. The complaint is that he didn't redshirt this year, not last year.

Jake was the best QB on the roster in 2015, nuff said on that (Hi @GrundleStiltzkin!)

You never redshirt RB's who have a shot at contributing or ever being NFL caliber, playing Ahmed was the right call.

Playing Ty Jones is a damn mystery, I'm with you on that one.

I'm all for redshirting entire classes when you can do it but doubt it's going to become the new norm, there will always be a position or two that needs some immediate help due to attrition, and with the way the talent is leveling up there will be kids available to step in and play from the jump. The new RS rules help a ton, obviously, especially at filling in ST without having to pull the RS's off.

Who said I’m complaining about Ahmed or Hunter or any of these guys for that matter? I’m just looking at a trend and adding some jokes and sarcastic points but really just overall. I’m not “taking” or trying to piss people off I’m just looking at each persons situation.

Most all of these are meant to bring eyes back to recruiting depth because that’s really all I care about.
    Corleone, I've followed recruiting closely for 30 years at UW, college football in general. Depth has always been a concern here, and at every school for a century. The landscape has changed drastically in last 5 alone however, 10 years for sure.

You're not the 1st to bring these issues to a message board. Back in the day, knowledgeable dawgfans gathered to discuss recruiting, depth. Now just a bunch of fuckwits spewing uneducated nonsense. Google goons who take shortcuts. " Why watch husky football, I know everything with a few clicks, and 1 year in my student seats"
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904

Ok

You mean OK! Get with the fucking program.