Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Players too good for RS

LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
edited January 2019 in Hardcore Husky Board
2014 Class:

Dante Pettis
- while WR is the least important position to RS along with DB, it would’ve been nice to have him this year and even if he was RS’ed, he still would’ve declared last year. Honestly I just wanted to talk about Dante

Will Dissly
- we definitely didn’t need him this year because Hunter Bryant’s injury didn’t hurt us or anything

2015 Class:

Ben Burr-Kirven
- definitely couldn’t have used an extra year to physically mature

Tevis Bartlett
- definitely don’t need LB depth after taking a grand total of zero ILB’s in the 2017 class

Jordan Miller
- was so physically matured as an underclassmen. I’m sure his injuries have no correlations to not redshirting

Jake Browning
- thank god he didn’t redshirt

Myles Gaskin
- I can’t belive he came back for this season further cementing him as the goat. RB is the worst position to be electing to play more free football

Trey Adams
- wait he’s been injured as an OL who played every game as a true freshman and true sophomore? No way.

2016 Class:

Taylor Rapp
- He could’ve declared last year if possible

Brandon Wellington
- because he’s never been injured..... just played special teams

Jacob Kizer
- The biggest mystery in the history of UDUB football still remains, why didn’t we redshirt Jacob Kizer either this year or last year?

Aaron Fuller
- worse than Jordan Chin. Think about that a player worse than Jordan Chin is our number 1 WR just because he is 15 pounds heavier than Jordan Chin so Aaron’s bones don’t shatter in contact.

2017 Class:

Salvon Ahmed
- Duh athletically & physically. Could’ve used more time to develop into a positional fit. But when you recruit RB like shit whataya gonna do?

Hunte Bryant
- Duh but Hunter tore his ACL as a junior in high school, the same knee he tore in 2017 and the same knee he had surgery on in the spring. But hey when you recruit WR like shit whataya gonna do?

Elijah Molden
- Molden was an inch away from being a 5* (identical situation with McDuffie), but was hurt his entire SR year of HS and we only played him on special teams. If he was promised playing time in recruiting that’s fine, if not dumb move

Ty Jones
- caught 7 catches off 12 targets. That was worth it. Oh but then again when you recruit WR like shit whataya gonna do?

Keith Taylor
- Just played special teams = stupid even though I’m the highest on him out of everyone on the roster. Even with the injuries in 2017 he didn’t see a defensive snap. He’ll declare early but if Byron Murphy redshirts as one of my favorite all time UDUB recruits, KT should’ve as well

Brandon McKinney
- special teams (fart noise)

2018 Class (best class since DJ era):

No one.

Fucking finally.

2019 Class (best in defensive class in shook history):

Needs to be no one again. Especially no DL despite hot talented they are, see example Trey Adams.

Comments

• Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Pretty sure Taylor played some in 2017 on defense. I vaguely remember him getting beat for a TD against Rutgers and a few other moments here and there.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pretty sure Taylor played some in 2017 on defense. I vaguely remember him getting beat for a TD against Rutgers and a few other moments here and there.

Correct. He didn't get any snaps after the preseason iirc.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

2014 Class:

Dante Pettis
    - while WR is the least important position to RS along with DB, it would’ve been nice to have him this year and even if he was RS’ed, he still would’ve declared last year. Honestly I just wanted to talk about Dante

Will Dissly
    - we definitely didn’t need him this year because Hunter Bryant’s injury didn’t hurt us or anything

2015 Class:

Ben Burr-Kirven
    - definitely couldn’t have used an extra year to physically mature

Tevis Bartlett
    - definitely don’t need LB depth after taking a grand total of zero ILB’s in the 2017 class

Jordan Miller
    - was so physically matured as an underclassmen. I’m sure his injuries have no correlations to not redshirting

Jake Browning
    - thank god he didn’t redshirt

Myles Gaskin
    - I can’t belive he came back for this season further cementing him as the goat. RB is the worst position to be electing to play more free football

Trey Adams
    - wait he’s been injured as an OL who played every game as a true freshman and true sophomore? No way.

2016 Class:

Taylor Rapp
    - He could’ve declared last year if possible

Brandon Wellington
    - because he’s never been injured..... just played special teams

Jacob Kizer
    - The biggest mystery in the history of UDUB football still remains, why didn’t we redshirt Jacob Kizer either this year or last year?

Aaron Fuller
    - worse than Jordan Chin. Think about that a player worse than Jordan Chin is our number 1 WR just because he is 15 pounds heavier than Jordan Chin so Aaron’s bones don’t shatter in contact.

2017 Class:

Salvon Ahmed
    - Duh athletically & physically. Could’ve used more time to develop into a positional fit. But when you recruit RB like shit whataya gonna do?

Hunte Bryant
    - Duh but Hunter tore his ACL as a junior in high school, the same knee he tore in 2017 and the same knee he had surgery on in the spring. But hey when you recruit WR like shit whataya gonna do?

Elijah Molden
    - Molden was an inch away from being a 5* (identical situation with McDuffie), but was hurt his entire SR year of HS and we only played him on special teams. If he was promised playing time in recruiting that’s fine, if not dumb move

Ty Jones
    - caught 7 catches off 12 targets. That was worth it. Oh but then again when you recruit WR like shit whataya gonna do?

Keith Taylor
    - Just played special teams = stupid even though I’m the highest on him out of everyone on the roster. Even with the injuries in 2017 he didn’t see a defensive snap. He’ll declare early but if Byron Murphy redshirts as one of my favorite all time UDUB recruits, KT should’ve as well

Brandon McKinney
    - special teams (fart noise)

2018 Class (best class since DJ era):

No one.

Fucking finally.

2019 Class (best in defensive class in shook history):

Needs to be no one again. Especially no DL despite hot talented they are, see example Trey Adams.

STFU new fish...clueless cunt
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    GOAT said:

KT got beat for a TD against the cuog his TF year when he didn’t carry the receiver vertical in cover 3. Remember it vividly because it happened right in front of me.

He’s a fucking beast though and was better than Jordan Miller this year.

I remember it too, he had a couple awful plays as a frosh. He's a stud now though.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    GOAT said:

KT got beat for a TD against the cuog his TF year when he didn’t carry the receiver vertical in cover 3. Remember it vividly because it happened right in front of me.

He’s a fucking beast though and was better than Jordan Miller this year.

Dont know if Taylor was better than Miller, but he's a promising cb coming back. He played well when he got reps. Good post. I thought Hampton looked really good . Those guys will Duke it out. I think Hampton is physical enough for safety if we want best 11 on field
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2019
    One of the worst poasts I've ever seen. Stick to breaking down film.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

....A far better effort than your Wolverines gave SEC 3rd Place Finisher Fleur-ida in the Peach Bowl
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Finally a decent post
    Still waiting for your 1st. GOAT is new yet he knows his shit Race. When have you, once, ever posted something football related, about a particular player like KT which GOAT posted? Something to generate a specific football related discussion?

Keep up the goods GOAT, it's what HH is supposed to be about. While dipshit geezers like Race try to keep it about nonsense shit. Race, hit the fucking gate. Same shit baabs and J pulled...where are they now? You're next
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    You bring up some good points, but your Fuller, Ahmed, and Hunter takes are so fucking bad that you deserve every WTF that you get slapped with.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

You bring up some good points, but your Fuller, Ahmed, and Hunter takes are so fucking bad that you deserve every WTF that you get slapped with.

Nothing Corleone said was a good point gator...but still a better effort than baseman and Race have ever attempted
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Finally a decent post
    Still waiting for your 1st. GOAT is new yet he knows his shit Race. When have you, once, ever posted something football related, about a particular player like KT which GOAT posted? Something to generate a specific football related discussion?

Keep up the goods GOAT, it's what HH is supposed to be about. While dipshit geezers like Race try to keep it about nonsense shit. Race, hit the fucking gate. Same shit baabs and J pulled...where are they now? You're next
    Not your best effort
  • Options

Finally a decent post

Not your best effort
    At least I've had one
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options

I complained through 2017 that we didn't redshirt a single DB. That's still the most baffling set of decisions to me.

A lot of guys on this list I don't get the complaints though. Trey Adams was physically ready. OL get hurt it's part of the gig. Playing him was absolutely the right call. You don't play him he could have just as easily had the same injuries and now you're begging for a sixth year.

Hunter Bryant was going to play from day one anywhere. The complaint is that he didn't redshirt this year, not last year.

Jake was the best QB on the roster in 2015, nuff said on that (Hi @GrundleStiltzkin!)

You never redshirt RB's who have a shot at contributing or ever being NFL caliber, playing Ahmed was the right call.

Playing Ty Jones is a damn mystery, I'm with you on that one.

I'm all for redshirting entire classes when you can do it but doubt it's going to become the new norm, there will always be a position or two that needs some immediate help due to attrition, and with the way the talent is leveling up there will be kids available to step in and play from the jump. The new RS rules help a ton, obviously, especially at filling in ST without having to pull the RS's off.

Who said I’m complaining about Ahmed or Hunter or any of these guys for that matter? I’m just looking at a trend and adding some jokes and sarcastic points but really just overall. I’m not “taking” or trying to piss people off I’m just looking at each persons situation.

Most all of these are meant to bring eyes back to recruiting depth because that’s really all I care about.
  • Options

I literally said are “Salvon and hunter too good to RS? Duh” as in like of course they are. The rest is just information they had to think over as coaches that makes the decision a little more complex than “UH IS HE GOOD OR NOT”