Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Couch off the market

Feels like this has to have been posted here somewhere already but I can't find it.

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,545 Swaye's Wigwam

Like most of you I don't like Myles but he's pretty damn good and the defense is going to be crazy young. I think getting him back is pretty big. He's probably the emotional leader of the defense next year, that shit has some value, especially on a team that is rightly accused of not having enough fire.

Glad he's coming back.

Will be interesting to see if Molden gets moved to one of the outside corners, or more likely FS.

Molden is a starter no matter what here
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    haie said:

Like most of you I don't like Myles but he's pretty damn good and the defense is going to be crazy young. I think getting him back is pretty big. He's probably the emotional leader of the defense next year, that shit has some value, especially on a team that is rightly accused of not having enough fire.

Glad he's coming back.

Will be interesting to see if Molden gets moved to one of the outside corners, or more likely FS.

Molden is a starter no matter what here
    Agree, he's probably got the most experience in the secondary besides Bryant. I dunno, maybe it's Taylor.

I think Taylor, Bryant, McKinney and Molden start the season as starters along with one of the RS frosh (I have no clue which one).

I wouldn't be shocked if there's two or three RS frosh starting by the end of the year though.

The competition in the secondary will be pretty intense.
    edited January 2019
    Mad_Son said:

Glad he's coming back.

I like him. He's just too small. Agree it's good to have his experience returning.
    Should have said "I don't *love* Myles". I like him too, don't love him though.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Myles is effective behind the LOS and short yardage pass plays. Below average downfield coverage.
    MisterEm said:

Myles is effective behind the LOS and short yardage pass plays. Below average downfield coverage.

I don't think he's below average down the field. He might be below Jimmy Lake average in down field coverage.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

MisterEm said:

I don't think he's below average down the field. He might be below Jimmy Lake average in down field coverage.
    Below average "for UW DBs" clarification is noted.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236

Like most of you I don't like love Myles but he's pretty damn good and the defense is going to be crazy young. I think getting him back is pretty big. He's probably the emotional leader of the defense next year, that shit has some value, especially on a team that is rightly accused of not having enough fire.

Glad he's coming back.

Yeah, ise agrees.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited January 2019
    Mad_Son said:

Glad he's coming back.

I like him. He's just too small. Agree it's good to have his experience returning.
    We aren’t the Seahawks. Believe it or not, there are still small DB’s in the NFL. Myles Bryant will probably get there. He’s a good tackler and being small can actually help when it comes to avoiding and shedding blockers.

I think the Stanford game in 2017 is still engraved in some minds. The same shit would have happened to Molden too and did in the 2nd half of this year’s Stanford game.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Can he play Buck?
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

Best LB of my Lifetime

• CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986

Can he play Defensive End?