Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you could have any classic car (aka Official Bears Winn, Pebble Beach Tour d'Elegence Thread)

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

You fags need some culture. Two picks here, one for cruising with @Doog_de_Jour and the other for surviving the end of the world.

34 Ford Special Speedster. Coolest art deco hot rod ever made by American hands.

If the apocalypse is happening, I choose a 1949 Willy's Pickup with a hemi. Fist full of Fuck Yeah!

If we want to go with some class then Bugatti Royale it is.

One of my parents best friends while I was growing up had a Willy's Jeep out on one of the islands in Puget Sound that we used to crush around the place scarring deer with. Fuckers got the last laugh though as one ran into his prop plane during take off and killed him. Still, apocalypse car 9/10 for sure.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

You fags need some culture. Two picks here, one for cruising with @Doog_de_Jour and the other for surviving the end of the world.

34 Ford Special Speedster. Coolest art deco hot rod ever made by American hands.

If the apocalypse is happening, I choose a 1949 Willy's Pickup with a hemi. Fist full of Fuck Yeah!

If we want to go with some class then Bugatti Royale it is.

One of my parents best friends while I was growing up had a Willy's Jeep out on one of the islands in Puget Sound that we used to crush around the place scarring deer with. Fuckers got the last laugh though as one ran into his prop plane during take off and killed him. Still, apocalypse car 9/10 for sure.

The 38 Delahaye is pretty bad ass as well.

I wanted to stay American though. Also considered a chopped 39 Lincoln Zephyr.

But if you are going that way with an American car, why not just go with the 49-51 Merc? God I love these.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

All great cars!
    My dad drove this when I was growing up.

And this always stirred my soul

My Daddy used to own a small Chevy / Oldsmobile dealership on the 80s. Sad to see how far Oldsmobile has fallen by then.
  • Options
    GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

All great cars!
    My dad drove this when I was growing up.

And this always stirred my soul

My Daddy used to own a small Chevy / Oldsmobile dealership on the 80s. Sad to see how far Oldsmobile has fallen by then.
    That ‘66-67 442 was a rocket with a light front end. Dad used to lift the front wheels when he got into it. Late models had big engines but weren’t the same.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

if trucks are out I am too

what I want eventually

What I have

You don’t live in Seattle I take it??
  • Options
    Blu82Blu82 Member Posts: 1,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    All really great cars/pickups.
    I will counter with my baby blue split window.
    No, I won't post pics.....family concerns.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If I'm going to go all in on a fantasy I'll never obtain on a gas pumper's salary, I'm for the moment Henry Ford II told Enzo Ferrari "You can't beat America, bitch."

More realistically, a nice early to mid 70s Datsun Z is probably the next classic car bubble to exploit.

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2019
    I like the 427 Cobra and the GT-40
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

If I'm going to go all in on a fantasy I'll never obtain on a gas pumper's salary, I'm for the moment Henry Ford II told Enzo Ferrari "You can't beat America, bitch."

More realistically, a nice early to mid 70s Datsun Z is probably the next classic car bubble to exploit.

Realistic goals, I'd like to get my hands on an early 90's Nissan 300ZX TT aka "Z32 Fairlady"

Totally unassuming Ferrari killer that you can go crush some canyons with on pacific coast highway. Also still pretty reasonably priced.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183

Realistic goals, I'd like to get my hands on an early 90's Nissan 300ZX TT aka "Z32 Fairlady"

Totally unassuming Ferrari killer that you can go crush some canyons with on pacific coast highway. Also still pretty reasonably priced.
    My second favorite UCLA alum behind @BallSacked used to drive that car in the late 90s. When I had a drink with him in LA a couple of years ago, I was disappointed when he merely showed up in an Audi A6.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,532
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

if trucks are out I am too

what I want eventually

What I have

You don’t live in Seattle I take it??
    I bought the truck when I lived in Mukilteo - then moved - people ask why I moved and I explained that I was forced to move because my truck was too large. Now it is too small...
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've always been a huge fan of the 71-72 Chevelle SS or Malibu.

Also the 64-65ish Mustang Hard Top. Both are super simple and clean, subtle monsters.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,170
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This thread is pretty much my high school parking lot