Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Zone exemplifies everything wrong with Husky Football

It definitely wasn't the first time I'd noticed it, but during the Apple Cup about half the stadium was in The Zone until around the 5 minute mark in the 3rd quarter. In a game where we left the locker room down 7. To WSU. Our fans would rather drink wine and eat sushi or whatever the hell goes on there than watch football.

Husky football has become a casual social event. Those fans are the ones with the money, and those fans are the ones that love Sark. Sark keeps us good enough to stay relevant in Seattle and keep people casually interested.

That's incredibly dangerous territory to be in IMO. Worse than 0-12, though it could be a result of the pathway chosen after 0-12. With 0-12 you hit rock bottom and either decide that's FS and do everything in your power to get back to 12-0 or you find someone who can get you "competitive." Being "competitive" is a helluva lot easier than being a contender.

"There are few things more contagious than mediocrity."

You see it everywhere. Take NFL teams and their QBs for example. You get stuck with a guy like, say, Sam Bradford, and he's good enough/shows enough potential to keep around and win anywhere from 6-9 (10 in a "special year") games in a year (5-9 in CFB equivalent) but will never get you to a Super Bowl. It's a battle for the Wild Card year in and year out, most years out.

I'm afraid if we don't see something next year that we're officially trapped in the mediocre coach bubble.

Comments

• TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

It definitely wasn't the first time I'd noticed it, but during the Apple Cup about half the stadium was in The Zone until around the 5 minute mark in the 3rd quarter. In a game where we left the locker room down 7. To WSU. Our fans would rather drink wine and eat sushi or whatever the hell goes on there than watch football.

Husky football has become a casual social event. Those fans are the ones with the money, and those fans are the ones that love Sark. Sark keeps us good enough to stay relevant in Seattle and keep people casually interested.

That's incredibly dangerous territory to be in IMO. Worse than 0-12, though it could be a result of the pathway chosen after 0-12. With 0-12 you hit rock bottom and either decide that's FS and do everything in your power to get back to 12-0 or you find someone who can get you "competitive." Being "competitive" is a helluva lot easier than being a contender.

You see it everywhere. Take NFL teams and their QBs for example. You get stuck with a guy like, say, Sam Bradford, and he's good enough/shows enough potential to keep around and win anywhere from 6-9 (10 in a "special year") games in a year (5-9 in CFB equivalent) but will never get you to a Super Bowl. It's a battle for the Wild Card year in and year out, most years out.

I'm afraid if we don't see something next year that we're officially trapped in the mediocre coach bubble.

Why wait until next year to do what has been necessary since 2011?
  • mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Sorry to break it to you but we're already trapped.

• ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811

There's a 0.00% chance he gets canned after winning 8/9 and anyone who thinks otherwise is FS.

There's a 0.00% chance he gets canned after winning 8/9 and anyone who thinks otherwise is FS.
    That's because Washington doesn't give a fuck about football anymore.

With a REAL AD, Sark would have gone two years ago, or last year at worst.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    edited December 2013
    Complaining about the Zone and people staying there to start the 3rd quarter is doog fucking stupid. Why not just lock the fucking gates when people enter at the beginning of the game and force them to sit there until the end? Let people do what they want and want interests them. If standing is the Zone or at your tailgate is more compelling than being I the stadium then worse fault is that? People have a choice. Fuck off.

Complaining about the Zone and people staying there to start the 3rd quarter is doog fucking stupid. Why not just lock the fucking gates when people enter at the beginning of the game and force them to sit there until the end? Let people do what they want and want interests them. If standing is the Zone or at your tailgate is more compelling than being I the stadium then worse fault is that? People have a choice. Fuck off.

Damone is right, you know.

Choosing to watch at home is the best choice of all.

Damone is right, you know.

Choosing to watch at home is the best choice of all.
    If the games meant anything and if the season wasn't over in July, people would be at the game on time. Blaming the symptom is Fucktarded.
  • fivehundredmileDAWGfivehundredmileDAWG Member Posts: 1,212
    In all seriousness I may not return to Husky Stadium next year ... I'm looking at Hawaii and Apple Cup ...

I love our players. Don't like the coach or the administration ... So I'm going to give them as little money as possible ...

I wonder if I can do it...

We are all fucked
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541

I think UW fans should try what Wyoming Cowboy fans do at War Memorial during each game. Mill around the East endzone drinking whiskey, fighting and vomiting over the rail onto the endzone turf. Now that's some real fucking CFB atmosphere..

I think UW fans should try what Wyoming Cowboy fans do at War Memorial during each game. Mill around the East endzone drinking whiskey, fighting and vomiting over the rail onto the endzone turf. Now that's some real fucking CFB atmosphere..

That might change. I think willingham and turner were hired to fix up the Wyoming athletic department.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541

That might change. I think willingham and turner were hired to fix up the Wyoming athletic department.
    Some one would probably "Matthew Shepard" those fucking faggots within a week of them setting foot on campus....
  • TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959

Cliff notes- Sark is Ty

Cliff notes- Sark is what we were afraid Ty would be in 2004 when Washington declared it was no longer a football school